Chart of the day (#2136): By Words

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic
Words

• Posted: 08/28/2017 22:54
  • Post subject:
Tilly wrote:
curious why Isn't Anything isn't on here. Love those other MBV EPs, but besides You Make Me Realize, Isn't Anything is my favorite MBV.

Great chart, though! Very Happy

Thanks! To be honest I just started getting into it. In fact A lot of my favorites aren't on my list because I just got into them and I don't want to seem like a poser adding all these records out of Ze blue. It's probably my least favorite of the three LPs though tbh.
Repo
BeA Sunflower

United States

• Posted: 08/28/2017 22:59
  • Post subject:
Words wrote:
Tilly wrote:
curious why Isn't Anything isn't on here. Love those other MBV EPs, but besides You Make Me Realize, Isn't Anything is my favorite MBV.

Thanks! To be honest I just started getting into it. In fact A lot of my favorites aren't on my list because I just got into them and I don't want to seem like a poser adding all these records out of Ze blue. It's probably my least favorite of the three LPs though tbh.

Yeah, I got Isn't Anything right around when it came out & played pretty much constantly for an entire summer. It's in my blood! I scored the You Make Realize EP too thereafter and the rest is history. Still love Loveless., but nothing competes to those two for me.

But, Your totally right, Ecstasy & Wine already has the key components of the MBV sound and should be rightly hunted down by MBV fans. I def like it better than MBV.
  • Visit poster's website
mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland

• Posted: 08/29/2017 00:26
  • Post subject:
Words wrote:
Gowi wrote:
Tilly wrote:

Ecccccccccccccccccstaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasy and Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!! Very underlooked! Now I'm curious though, what do think of their early punk EPs? Also I saw your comment on my chart, I'll PM you when it's done Wink I've been meaning to do that I've just been so busy with school and drivers ed and starting my business I'm just drained

The post-punk ones? Uh… I don’t really listen to them that often, really. The kind of sound present on those extended plays I can find done better on other releases. I think they’re okay? Certainly not deserving of the consensus most fans have made about them but not much more than that.
  • Visit poster's website