Good Mp3 players or such?

View previous topic :: View next topic
Words

• Posted: 09/03/2017 04:56
  • Post subject: Good Mp3 players or such?
So my phone doesn't take extra storage and I can't fit all the music I want. I'm thinking IPods but the ones I want are $300+. I could buy used but I've had bad experiences with used tech. I don't mind the price but I do wanna see the options avalible if there are any. Any good mp3 players you know? All I'm looking for is good sound quality and A LOT OF SPACE. Also, where can a young man download "Trout Mask Replica"? I think I fell in love with it but I can't find it anywhere. Wish I could fit my record player in ma room Confused
indieshins

Australia

• Posted: 09/03/2017 08:22
  • Post subject:
Are you sure an iPod Classic is that expensive? Ridiculous storage and they're not making them anymore I don't think. Would've thought they'd be fairly cheap, and honestly I'd say they're your best bet. I've been looking to get one myself.
  • Visit poster's website
Words

• Posted: 09/03/2017 08:45
  • Post subject:
indieshins wrote:
Are you sure an iPod Classic is that expensive? Ridiculous storage and they're not making them anymore I don't think. Would've thought they'd be fairly cheap, and honestly I'd say they're your best bet. I've been looking to get one myself.

Sorta, used are more than half that price but sealed copies are about 300+ I was mainly looking a Touches because I can hit the Itunes store quick and easy Razz I might hit up a classic if nothing else...just skeptical of used tech
glynspsa

United States

• Posted: 09/03/2017 10:32
  • Post subject:
I love my iPod classic. i did buy it new though. works great.
  • Visit poster's website
RoundTheBend
I miss the comfort in being sad

United States

• Posted: 09/04/2017 00:36
  • Post subject:
I had this discussion with myself about 7 years ago and went with Google Music and my phone.

20,000 songs free on Google Music. No brainer. If I remember correctly I could even upload FLAC. Or maybe that was the limitation - it's been a few years.

I stopped using Google Music because I like Spotify better (as soon as certain artists had their entire discography available, it became no brainer). The biggest reason is I don't have to pirate/manage/copy my own music anymore. With Google Music you can even download your own music so you don't have to stream. Of course you simply clear what you downloaded and then download something new if space is an issue.

Also, maybe get a phone with micro SSD slot and put one of these in it: (128GB)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XWZWYVP?re...l&th=1

Then you have exactly the same space as the last iPod classic and you don't have to manage two devices and this is only $50.

In the end, music in the cloud seemed so much easier for me.

That's for on the go of course. At home I play vinyl.

I will say there is a noticeable sound quality difference using spotify at times, even on premium. It annoyed me at first, but it's the price I paid for the convenience. This was compared to playing the same song from my iTunes and the Spotify thick client. Interestingly enough the play.spotify.com site sounds a bit better...

Anyway good luck on making your decision. I'm sure there's 23423 variables and probably half of them would work all the same.
  • Visit poster's website
RoundTheBend
I miss the comfort in being sad

United States

• Posted: 09/04/2017 00:49
  • Post subject:
Not dogging iPod classic - had mine for 5 years and wore it to the ground.
  • Visit poster's website