France

• Posted: 09/28/2017 19:22
  • Post subject:
bobbyb5 wrote:
Yann wrote:
bobbyb5 wrote:
Here's another Ozark Mountain Daredevils that's more awesome than Jackie Blue

https://youtu.be/ypAx6ljF1q0

Oh, thanks but this song is too hard ! I prefer the lighter touch, the late-beach boys breeze of Jackie Blue!

You say you like the late- Beach Boys breeze of Jackie Blue, well here's one I can't believe I forgot. It's so Beach Boys-y. And one of my favorite soft rock hits of all time. Everybody used to love this when I was a kid.

https://youtu.be/R5Wpn3dFrEs

Jackie Blue made me think of Slip On Through by the Beach Boys, and of everything I like best in this band : their mid tempo/ minor chord songs like Girl don’t Tell me, Let Him Run Wild, She knows Me too Well, Please let me wonder, I'd Love Just Once to See You, Busy Doin' Nothin', Friends, Time to Get Alone, All This Is That, The Night Was So Young, etc.

Whereas your suggestion (Shanon by Henri Gross) is more like their major chord tracks, in my opinion less moving, often sung by Dennis or Bruce, like: I Wanna Pick You Up, Tears in the Morning, Disney Girls, Only with You, Love Surrounds Me, etc.
  • Visit poster's website
bobbyb5

United States

• Posted: 09/28/2017 19:50
  • Post subject:
Yann wrote:
bobbyb5 wrote:
Yann wrote:
bobbyb5 wrote:

Oh, thanks but this song is too hard ! I prefer the lighter touch, the late-beach boys breeze of Jackie Blue!

You say you like the late- Beach Boys breeze of Jackie Blue, well here's one I can't believe I forgot. It's so Beach Boys-y. And one of my favorite soft rock hits of all time. Everybody used to love this when I was a kid.

Jackie Blue made me think of Slip On Through by the Beach Boys, and of everything I like best in this band : their mid tempo/ minor chord songs like Girl don’t Tell me, Let Him Run Wild, She knows Me too Well, Please let me wonder, I'd Love Just Once to See You, Busy Doin' Nothin', Friends, Time to Get Alone, All This Is That, The Night Was So Young,
Whereas your suggestion (Shanon by Henri Gross) is more like their major chord tracks, in my opinion less moving, often sung by Dennis or Bruce, like: I Wanna Pick You Up, Tears in the Morning, Disney Girls, Only with You, Love Surrounds Me, etc.

Mostly I just meant Henry gross's singing when he sings in that high-pitched voice that sounds like the Beach Boys. To be honest, I don't even know which beach boy is the one that sings in that high voice like for instance on Surfer Girl. Which one is that? Anyway,when Henry gross gets to the chorus , it sounds so much like the Beach Boys. Even the tune does.
  • Visit poster's website
bobbyb5

United States

• Posted: 09/28/2017 19:55
  • Post subject:
Yann wrote:
bobbyb5 wrote:
Yann wrote:
bobbyb5 wrote:

Jackie Blue made me think of Slip On Through by the Beach Boys, and of everything I like best in this band : their mid tempo/ minor chord songs like Girl don’t Tell me, Let Him Run Wild, She knows Me too Well, Please let me wonder, I'd Love Just Once to See You, Busy Doin' Nothin', Friends, Time to Get Alone, All This Is That, The Night Was So Young, etc.

Anyway. The song is about the family dog that died. Shannon was their dog.
  • Visit poster's website
Lastings

United States

• Posted: 09/28/2017 20:34
  • Post subject:
Holding back the years by Simply Red..
  • Visit poster's website
Lastings

United States

• Posted: 09/28/2017 20:37
  • Post subject:
Fischman wrote:
(keeping to 1/artist-in alpha order by artist)

Starbuck - Moonlight Feels Right

HA! this song is great. probably the best use of a xylophone solo that I can think of..
  • Visit poster's website
Fischman
RockMonster, JazzMeister, Bluesboy,ClassicalMaster

United States

• Posted: 09/28/2017 20:48
  • Post subject:
Lastings wrote:
Fischman wrote:
(keeping to 1/artist-in alpha order by artist)

Starbuck - Moonlight Feels Right

HA! this song is great. probably the best use of a xylophone solo that I can think of..

Oh yeah, classic mellow seventies! The hair, the dress, the hairy exposed chest--the solo in question begins at 1:55

Link
  • Visit poster's website
CharlieBarley

United Kingdom

• Posted: 10/04/2017 01:15
  • Post subject:
I like Missing You by John Waite and Broken Wings by Mr Mister
  • Visit poster's website
RoundTheBend
I miss the comfort in being sad

United States

• Posted: 10/04/2017 02:58
  • Post subject:
On another note - and I thought I posted this already, but not seeing it - I grew up in St. George as a kid and went to a few concerts in Vegas. It's been eerie thinking about something so close to home. Not sure I'll be able to pass the Mandalay Bay without thinking about it ever again. It's different when it's so close to home. Anyway - just some thoughts from someone who never really has experienced any kind of non-personal tragedy beyond the Northridge Earthquake. It must have been harrowing to witness such a thing first hand.
  • Visit poster's website