The most annoying fanbase?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic :: View next topic
BLO

• Posted: 02/28/2018 18:13
  • Post subject:
I agree with Radiohead fans. I like their music, and I do think OK Computer and Kid A belong in the top 100 (even though I personally don't like the former), but I think their other albums are good yet incredibly over-rated. I've been torn apart on here for expressing that opinion.

But also anti-Beatles peeps are pretty annoying, like because they dislike the most popular band of all time that makes them supreme intellectuals or something.
  • Visit poster's website
AAL2014

United States

• Posted: 02/28/2018 18:21
  • Post subject:
I recall hanging out with a friend of mine on his college campus and he told me his room mate was a nice guy but he was an unapologetic Radiohead fan. My friend and I were more into Dream Theater (another often times tepid group of followers) and the room mate would always scoff at that fact.

So yeah Radiohead fans can be high-horsers just like anybody else.
RoundTheBend
I miss the comfort in being sad

United States

• Posted: 03/01/2018 02:42
  • Post subject: Re: The most annoying fanbase?
desh79 wrote:
Regarding Radiohead fans, I second most of the things said here. However, I find people who are rabidly anti-Radiohead just as annoying. The types that go "Ooooh, OK Computer and Kid A weren't innovative AT ALL!! You know nothing about music!!!!!!!!1111".

boyd94 wrote:
To be completely honest, I see more people obnoxiously complaining about Radiohead fans than I see obnoxious Radiohead fans Wink

Too true. A lot of people like to grind Radiohead fans' gears too with the "I only liked Creep" comments. For that matter, I think the "I hate the band you like" people are generally a more bigger and obnoxious population. Whether it's U2, Radiohead or Taylor Swift, the I don't like what you like attitude is by far the most obnoxious.

craola wrote:
Too true. A lot of people like to grind Radiohead fans' gears too with the "I only liked Creep" comments. For that matter, I think the "I hate the band you like" people are generally a more bigger and obnoxious population. Whether it's U2, Radiohead or Taylor Swift, the I don't like what you like attitude is by far the most obnoxious.

Yup.
  • Visit poster's website
RoundTheBend

United States

• Posted: 03/01/2018 02:48
  • Post subject:
LedZep wrote:
sethmadsen wrote:
Also the logic... a fanatic is indeed the definition of "annoying" is it not?

Anyone who applies any intentional logical fallacy, and then when shown where they could potentially be wrong still can't acknowledge there might be a hole in their logic... they are completely dismissive and fail to try to seek any understanding. Those are probably the most annoying ones to me.

You can have whatever opinion you want but if you refute facts or refute any logical explanation of how there could be another option/way... I just can't.

Agreed. When talking specifically about music, I'm more interested in the "opinion" part. Why can't you accept that someone just doesn't think that Kendrick is THAT good and influential? (Random example, I've seen someone write this and get like 10 downvotes and pretty negative reactions)

Indeed - especially on a subject that is incredibly subjective. It's not like math.

Sure there are some facts to play with, as well as theories of aesthetics, etc., but all in all, music interpretation and review is entirely subjective.

Pluralism typically always wins when you stop to think. A conclusion is usually what you come to when you stop thinking. For those not familiar with the Hegelian Dialectic, that's why I have thesis, anti-thesis, synthesis as my thing with stuff.
  • Visit poster's website
hereforashortime

United States

• Posted: 03/01/2018 03:00
  • Post subject:
I'm curious, what do you all find more annoying?
Fans who think that if you like a certain more popular song or album by a band, you aren't a real fan, or
Fans who think that if you don't like every single song of album by a band, you aren't a real fan.
Personally, both are very annoying, but I find the latter to be more annoying, which is why I dislike FOB fans more than Radiohead fans.
RoundTheBend

United States

• Posted: 03/01/2018 03:19
  • Post subject:
hereforashortime wrote:
Fans who think that if you like a certain more popular song or album by a band, you aren't a real fan, or
Fans who think that if you don't like every single song of album by a band, you aren't a real fan.
Personally, both are very annoying, but I find the latter to be more annoying, which is why I dislike FOB fans more than Radiohead fans.

FOB? Friends of Bananas? I like Bananas.
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 03/01/2018 03:27
  • Post subject:
sethmadsen wrote:
hereforashortime wrote:

You cheeky bastard. Surprised
  • Visit poster's website
RoundTheBend

United States

• Posted: 03/01/2018 03:33
  • Post subject:
Luigii wrote:
sethmadsen wrote:
hereforashortime wrote:

You cheeky bastard. Surprised

Laughing

No seriously, I feel like this should be a no brainer, but I have no clue who FOB is...........................................................................

Wait a second, I just figured it out - Fall Out Boy?

So now that I understand you feel like FOB fans make you listen to all the song before you can be called a fan?

Idk - I think being a fan is a self proclaimed thing and if anyone disagrees with you, they likely are being elitist bastards. To me a fan (like not the real definition, but how I'd use it day to day) is just someone who appreciates something/someone. To quantify fandom is easily a top 10 thing to do to waste time.

It's not like the band knights you or you have to pass a test or something. I mean I guess there's that whole poser problem, but idk - if people like something for the "wrong reasons"... idk, should I care... probably not. That just means there's another way to appreciate something and something can just be multi-faceted... doesn't that just mean the thing you like is just that much cooler? Like "jocks liking Nirvana"... sure you could be like dude, you beat people like kurt up, how can you like them. Sure that could be true, but maybe that's a start - what's wrong with that? As a mater of fact, I think by the time I went to high school, the whole jocks liking hair metal wasn't a thing any more and it was ok for a Jock to hang out with a Nerd. I'd call that a win. Get over yourselves.
  • Visit poster's website
hereforashortime

United States

• Posted: 03/01/2018 04:06
  • Post subject:
sethmadsen wrote:

So now that I understand you feel like FOB fans make you listen to all the song before you can be called a fan?

No I mean that FOB fans act like if you don't LIKE all the songs you aren't a true fan.