Moderation Suggestion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 08/04/2011 22:18
  • Post subject:
Sure, I'll look into making the track editor easier to use. What is there at the moment is a first attempt at getting something out there, and it does need tidying up a bit.

Yes, most of the albums are already populated from Amazon using their API (artwork and tracks), but not all albums are on Amazon (particularly foreign albums or out of print etc) and not all albums on Amazon have track-listings.
  • Visit poster's website
Xavygravy

• Posted: 08/11/2011 08:10
  • Post subject:
A lot of the already-moderated albums are slightly incorrect, yet we aren't able to edit them once they've been moderated once.
The only option we have right now is to submit correct values one-by-one, which is tedious and hardly worth the effort.

I propose that higher-level members should be able to edit these albums (say 5000 or even 2500+ points). This should prevent spam/vandalism but allow the dedicated members to fix these errors.
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 08/11/2011 08:33
  • Post subject:
thanks for the feedback.

What I think might be a good idea then, is to allow users with over x mod points to moderate 'locked' items, and also to approve/reject changes from other users.

So, if you spot an incorrect edit from another user, then super-admins can have the ability to mark these edits down.

I'll add this functionality over the next week or so, as I'd like to get the moderation part of the site working better for people.

EDIT: Now done. It was a very simple change as I'd anticipated needing to do this at some stage and had already written most of the code.

Users with over 1,000 'mod points' will now be able to edit locked items and approve/reject other user's edits. Three users have the ability to do this already: harkan, Xavygravy and btener11.

N.B. This functionality (and the qualification criteria) are subject to change depending on how well it beds in. If you are reading this thread, I am not going to announce it properly until its been running a few days, so let's see how it goes first.
  • Visit poster's website
Xavygravy

• Posted: 08/11/2011 11:18
  • Post subject:
Very awesome!

Any chance we can have that text box next to 'Tracks' where we can enter a value of how many tracks there will be, and that many tracks will automatically be added? (Instead of clicking add new track over and over)?
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 08/11/2011 11:28
  • Post subject:
yes, it's on the list, but sitting in a queue with some other bits. It'll be done fairly shortly, but not straight away. There's a few issues with performance I want to address in the meantime.

EDIT: I must be a bit bored today, just added this... Cool
  • Visit poster's website