View previous topic :: View next topic
AAL2014

United States

• Posted: 03/05/2018 18:34
  • Post subject:
sethmadsen wrote:
RockyRaccoon wrote:
sethmadsen wrote:
Anyone else bust up laughing when stuff like slayer plays? Or Rob Zombie. You know those guys who kind of take their "evil" serious and you just bust up laughing at it because it often is ridiculous. Those are actually the best comedy albums.

A friend of mine wrote a song called Meat Sandwich... hysterical.

Oh I love Slayer, that's some of the better thrash metal around.

And for what it's worth, Slayer doesn't take their evil seriously, Kerry King has even said it's just great entertainment, it's all a schtick.

Slayer is really impressive musically, not trying to dis them, but I can't stop laughing when it comes on.

Have you heard Bonded By Blood by Exodus? Some of the absolute greatest and most intense trash riffs of all time but the lyrics are an exhibition in cheese. More so than anything I've heard by Slayer personally.
RoundTheBend
I miss the comfort in being sad

United States

• Posted: 03/05/2018 21:55
  • Post subject:
AAL2014 wrote:
sethmadsen wrote:
RockyRaccoon wrote:
sethmadsen wrote:
Any one else bust up laughing when stuff like slayer plays? Or Rob Zombie. You know those guys who kind of take their "evil" serious and you just bust up laughing at it because it often is ridiculous. Those are actually the best comedy albums.

And for what it's worth, Slayer doesn't take their evil seriously, Kerry King has even said it's just great entertainment, it's all a schtick.

Slayer is really impressive musically, not trying to dis them, but I can't stop laughing when it comes on.

Have you heard Bonded By Blood by Exodus? Some of the absolute greatest and most intense trash riffs of all time but the lyrics are an exhibition in cheese. More so than anything I've heard by Slayer personally.

I haven't.

I'll have to add it to my comedy collection. d'oh!
  • Visit poster's website
RockyRaccoon
Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me?

United States

• Posted: 03/05/2018 22:59
  • Post subject:
sethmadsen wrote:
RockyRaccoon wrote:
sethmadsen wrote:
Anyone else bust up laughing when stuff like slayer plays? Or Rob Zombie. You know those guys who kind of take their "evil" serious and you just bust up laughing at it because it often is ridiculous. Those are actually the best comedy albums.

What of their music have you found the most entertaining from a comedy perspective?

Early Psychedelic Rock

Electronic Chart
  • Visit poster's website
RoundTheBend
I miss the comfort in being sad

United States

• Posted: 03/06/2018 00:19
  • Post subject:
RockyRaccoon wrote:
sethmadsen wrote:
RockyRaccoon wrote:
[quote="sethmadsen "]Anyone else bust up laughing when stuff like slayer plays? Or Rob Zombie. You know those guys who kind of take their "evil" serious and you just bust up laughing at it because it often is ridiculous. Those are actually the best comedy albums.

What of their music have you found the most entertaining from a comedy perspective?[/quote]

Oh don't worry, it's likely me. It's kind of my defense mechanism if anything is "too intense". If someone loses control of their anger and starts throwing chairs or something - my general reaction is actually to laugh, which is nearly terrible to do. I should respect their anger and deal with the problem, but my lizard brain says laugh.

I just find them over the top (and not in a cliche way, rather quite literally - the lyrics, the music, the singing (really high notes). Maybe there's another way to describe over the top without sounding like a dick? Overbearing, Domineering, in your face? idk. I think really it's the subject matter mixed with over the top music (which is actually really fitting).

I mean also keep in mind that I'm not quite saying I can't handle it - I've listened to Reign In Blood all the way through and it's not like I'm offended or whatever. Hail Satan. But whatevs.

To be honest (and I also don't mean this as a slight, I really am very impressed with their musicianship being able to play like 600 bpm) it's a bit like listening to Alvin and the Chip Monks at times. Maybe that's it... idk - it's a bit hard to explain.

Again no offense meant - very impressive musicianship.
  • Visit poster's website
YoungPunk

• Posted: 03/06/2018 00:34
  • Post subject:
Rolando Villazon is a really funny opera star. I like him in L'elisir D'Amore singing with Anna Netrebko. I guess its more of a movie though, but with the focus on music
  • Visit poster's website
jackbrown8786

• Posted: 03/06/2018 04:44
  • Post subject:
The Day The Laughter Died by Andrew Dice Clay. It's been forever but I think he just aggressively insults the audience until everyone leaves, it was supposed to be a stand up routine.

Weird Al comes to mind but I'm drawing a blank on album names besides Running With Scissors, Alapalooza, and Off The Deep End. Even though I believe he has better stuff that I can't come up with right now.\

I'm sure someone mentioned Tenacious D already. maybe the best musically unless you count Frank Zappa but I tend to take him seriously, maybe b/c he's just too good.
  • Visit poster's website