About Russian Music

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic
undefined

• Posted: 09/02/2018 20:53
  • Post subject:
I love Russian music. My family hails from Russia and my mother is good friends with and does a lot of work with the Russian National Orchestra. Mikhail Pletnev is a family friend.

will happily post some favorites in a bit. I'm a big fan of Lenin-era Soviet avant-garde in particular. also Vystosky is my guy.
NickGordons

Russia

• Posted: 09/03/2018 11:46
  • Post subject:
dividesbyzero wrote:
I love Russian music. My family hails from Russia and my mother is good friends with and does a lot of work with the Russian National Orchestra. Mikhail Pletnev is a family friend.

will happily post some favorites in a bit. I'm a big fan of Lenin-era Soviet avant-garde in particular. also Vystosky is my guy.

Whoa is that true? Cool) Yes, Russian classical music is the best that was invented here. I can also tell you about several artists from contemporary artists with their own flavor)
Mummy Troll is an indie band by Ilya Lagutenko, sounds like Blur.
Grazhdanskaya oborona - Siberian rock band by Yegor Letov. He is a poet, modernist painter (the majority of Russian rock musicians have art education), now dead. Most of the recordings are made on guitar, that is folk, but Studio recordings are noise rock or even grunge. Very undervalued, to understand him, as Vysotsky need to know Russian or at least know the political situation, because he was an anarchist and a very religious man. Yegor and Opizdinevshie his band too) Truly Russian Underground)
  • Visit poster's website