Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic :: View next topic
21stCenturySchiz

United States

• Posted: 10/25/2018 17:09
  • Post subject:
I have a few artists that could fall into some sub categories

Artists I like/own albums of that i find overrated

Pink Floyd- I love and appreciate them for what they have done and i like a lot of their songs, but other than Dark Side of The Moon I don't find myself going back to too often. The occasional listen to The Wall and Piper i find great though

Bob Dylan- I own almost everything he's done because i went through a Dylan phase in Late-Middle School. But with that being said I can't go back to Dylan too often. I don't know if it's that i can't stand his voice as much anymore or what. But I occasionally go back and i love it

The Beach Boys- I like the hits but i personally can't get into the albums. Not bad but i just prefer them as a singles band. Maybe i'll try the albums again.

Now for Artists I just am not a fan of

Lynyrd Skynyrd, Allman Brothers, or just any Southern Rock other than CCR- I'm sure I'm missing out but other than Creedence, I don't find anything interesting other than the occastional song or 2. (Example- Gimme Three Steps by Lynyrd Skynyrd is awesome)

The Sex Pistols- I used to loathe them. I don't as much now but I still am not the biggest fan. Love the music, but Johnny Rotten's voice is hard for me to listen to for long periods of time

Bruce Springsteen- Other than Born To Run and Born In The USA, i'm just not interested in him. He seems like a cool guy though

U2- I can't stand anything this band does. I can't stand the songs. I don't know if this is because i heard all of the christian artists that they influenced before hand or not but i find nothing remarkable about this band
  • Visit poster's website
baystateoftheart
Neil Young as a butternut squash

United States

• Posted: 10/25/2018 17:14
  • Post subject:
21stCenturySchiz wrote:
The Beach Boys- I like the hits but i personally can't get into the albums. Not bad but i just prefer them as a singles band. Maybe i'll try the albums again.

The Beach Boys are one of my favorite bands, but many of their albums are not consistently good. The most significant exceptions are Pet Sounds and The Smile Sessions - great throughout and worth checking out again. Wild Honey is probably my #3 Beach Boys album, but it's nowhere near the level of those two.
jdenny2018

United States

• Posted: 10/25/2018 17:25
  • Post subject:
21stCenturySchiz wrote:

baystateoftheart wrote:
The Beach Boys are one of my favorite bands, but many of their albums are not consistently good. The most significant exceptions are Pet Sounds and The Smile Sessions - great throughout and worth checking out again. Wild Honey is probably my #3 Beach Boys album, but it's nowhere near the level of those two.

Check out Surf's Up as well. It's one of my favorite BB records.
  • Visit poster's website