38. Altman-Duvall (Shelley)
39. Nichols-Shannon
40. Zemeckis- Lloyd
41. Burton-Depp
42. Romero-Savini
43. Coens-Turturro
44. Zombie-Haig
45. Waters-Divine

This is as good as I could muster. Some of those collabs are pretty funny.

Jason Friedberg and Adam Seltzer with Carmen Electra for some of the worst "movies" ever made. Laughing
  • Visit poster's website
badseed

United States

• Posted: 05/16/2019 20:02
  • Post subject:
Tha1ChiefRocka wrote:
1. Ford-Wayne
2. Kurosawa-Minfune
3. Hitchcock-Grant
4. Hitchcock-Stewart
5. Huston-Bogart
6. Scorsese-DeNiro
7. Allen-Keaton
8. Woo-Chow Yun Fat
9. Spielberg-Ford
10. Coens-McDormand
11. Anderson- Murray
12. Raimi- Campbell
13. Scorsese-Pesci
14. Wilder (Billy)- Lemmon
15. Brooks- Wilder (Gene)
16. Reiner-Martin
17. Spielberg-Hanks
18. Wright-Pegg
19. Zucker- Nielsen
20. Pollack-Redford
21. Cameron-Schwarzenegger
22. Tarkovsky-Solonitsyn
23. Capra-Stewart
24. Carpenter-Russell
25. Cassavetes- Cassel
26. FFC-Duvall (Robert)
27. Tarantino- Jackson
28. Guest-Levy
29. Herzog-Kinski
30. Wenders-Ganz
31. Henson-Oz
32. Del Toro-Jones (Doug)
33. Lean-Guinness
34. Linklater-Hawke
35. Von Trier- Udo Kier
36. PTA-PSH
37. Lynch-MacLachlan
38. Altman-Duvall (Shelley)
39. Nichols-Shannon
40. Zemeckis- Lloyd
41. Burton-Depp
42. Romero-Savini
43. Coens-Turturro
44. Zombie-Haig
45. Waters-Divine

This is as good as I could muster. Some of those collabs are pretty funny.

Jason Friedberg and Adam Seltzer with Carmen Electra for some of the worst "movies" ever made. Laughing

Thanks for pulling through Chief. Great list. Even though they weren't on my list your inclusion of LVT and Udo really touches my heart.

A little over 3 days left if anyone else can bust one out. I believe we're at 7 lists now. I've PM'd a few other users so I'm hoping for the best, but if these polls are slowing down I'm likely to invite a bunch of outsiders from the horror group I'm in to join up when we re-do that list.
  • Visit poster's website
PurpleHazel

United States

• Posted: 05/17/2019 09:11
  • Post subject:
badseed wrote:
I've PM'd a few other users so I'm hoping for the best, but if these polls are slowing down I'm likely to invite a bunch of outsiders from the horror group I'm in to join up when we re-do that list.

It was to be expected that this poll would get slightly less lists than the previous few, and I respect you hosting the one you wanted to do rather than one that simply would've attracted a few more submissions. All I can say is I've already started viewing for the horror redo.
  • Visit poster's website
badseed

United States

• Posted: 05/17/2019 20:04
  • Post subject:
PurpleHazel wrote:
It was to be expected that this poll would get slightly less lists than the previous few, and I respect you hosting the one you wanted to do rather than one that simply would've attracted a few more submissions. All I can say is I've already started viewing for the horror redo.

Yeah I mean I thought it would be a fun one and wanted to see what we could come up with. We really don't have many new ideas that are gonna be super popular, nor do I think re-doing older, more fun ones is gonna bump numbers either. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Also, next time I'm gonna put a link to the poll in my signature and try to post a little more frequently in the other sections. That should hopefully bring in some new faces.

EDIT: wait, do we even still have signatures? I notice neither of you two that have posted on this page do.

Hope you enjoy whatever horror films you happen to watch. I'm pretty much enough of a pro I highly doubt I'll run into any first time watches that make my list but I've got Netflix and Prime again so I'll probably join you once I knock out this Hateful Eight miniseries.
  • Visit poster's website
PurpleHazel

United States

• Posted: 05/17/2019 22:59
  • Post subject:
badseed wrote:
Yeah I mean I thought it would be a fun one and wanted to see what we could come up with. We really don't have many new ideas that are gonna be super popular, nor do I think re-doing older, more fun ones is gonna bump numbers either. Hopefully I'm wrong.

EDIT: wait, do we even still have signatures? I notice neither of you two that have posted on this page do.

I had fun! The main genre poll I thought would be popular is an action movie one, which I considered hosting, but sounds a little boring to me (the best Hollywood action movies are mostly the ones everybody knows). A soundtrack one might do pretty well, but that's really a music poll. When we get to the 2010s decade poll, that should do well. I think a second horror one will do significantly better than this one and my two, unless some people don't want to be bothered with upping a list a second time.

Yeah, there are still signatures -- when was the last time you were on the music forum? Mr. Green

Quote:
I'm pretty much enough of a pro I highly doubt I'll run into any first time watches that make my list

I need to watch quite a bit if I'm going to post a credible 100-film list. I'm pretty good with pre-70s horror and the really big names, but deficient when it comes to post-1980 horror, particularly slashers and the cheesier ones.
  • Visit poster's website
badseed

United States

• Posted: 05/18/2019 05:29
  • Post subject:
PurpleHazel wrote:
badseed wrote:

I had fun! The main genre poll I thought would be popular is an action movie one, which I considered hosting, but sounds a little boring to me (the best Hollywood action movies are mostly the ones everybody knows). A soundtrack one might do pretty well, but that's really a music poll. When we get to the 2010s decade poll, that should do well. I think a second horror one will do significantly better than this one and my two, unless some people don't want to be bothered with upping a list a second time.

Yeah, there are still signatures -- when was the last time you were on the music forum? Mr. Green

Quote:
I'm pretty much enough of a pro I highly doubt I'll run into any first time watches that make my list

I need to watch quite a bit if I'm going to post a credible 100-film list. I'm pretty good with pre-70s horror and the really big names, but deficient when it comes to post-1980 horror, particularly slashers and the cheesier ones.

I go in the music section every now and then but usually when the latest post highlighted on the right catches my eye.

Regarding older vs newer horror as well as cheesy ones, you don't even have to go there if you don't want. Hell, I could give you 100 post-1980 horror films that are neither cheesy nor slashers and it would be a phenomenal list.

But yeah the 80s are fantastic, and if you can turn your brain off for the cheesy stuff it can be so much fun. YouTube has a lot of really good 80s flicks on there, some of them with really nice transfers.
  • Visit poster's website
badseed

United States

• Posted: 05/20/2019 05:28
  • Post subject:
Poll closed. Thanks to all who participated. I'll try to have it up in the next 24 hours. Would be up sooner but I'm on a double tomorrow so I doubt I'll be able to get it done before I need to go to sleep.
  • Visit poster's website