Weekly Latest Releases Forum Post

View previous topic :: View next topic
baystateoftheart
Neil Young as a butternut squash

United States

• Posted: 08/21/2020 22:23
  • Post subject: Weekly Latest Releases Forum Post
Hi, I think my feedback last week might have gotten lost in the shuffle, so wanted to re-up it here:

baystateoftheart wrote:
Since most albums come out on Friday, I'd like to suggest moving this post to Saturdays or Sundays. That way people will have had a chance to add more of the week's albums to the database as they hear them.

albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 08/23/2020 10:35
  • Post subject:
Sorry, missed it the first time. Embarassed but chose Friday because most releases are added ahead of time so they'll be listed here already (not many releases are made are over the weekend with no advance notice), there's also more traffic here on Fridays than Saturdays, and if the post hangs around an extra day that's good in my eyes (also depends on people noticing it, maybe then reading it, and maybe then adding any missing albums - a long shot Wink but gives people extra time to add them before the next week begins, but it's also an informational post bringing together the week's releases before the weekend starts. Friday is also the day that some other sites send out their new release emails (e.g. AllMusic etc) so this site isn't alone.
  • Visit poster's website
baystateoftheart
Neil Young as a butternut squash

United States

• Posted: 08/23/2020 17:33
  • Post subject:
albummaster wrote:
Sorry, missed it the first time. Embarassed but chose Friday because most releases are added ahead of time so they'll be listed here already (not many releases are made are over the weekend with no advance notice), there's also more traffic here on Fridays than Saturdays, and if the post hangs around an extra day that's good in my eyes (also depends on people noticing it, maybe then reading it, and maybe then adding any missing albums - a long shot Wink but gives people extra time to add them before the next week begins, but it's also an informational post bringing together the week's releases before the weekend starts. Friday is also the day that some other sites send out their new release emails (e.g. AllMusic etc) so this site isn't alone.

Thanks for the response - makes sense. I guess I assumed most releases weren't added ahead of time, but when people heard them and liked them.