Chart of the day (#3390): By craola

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic
mianfei

Australia

• Posted: 02/10/2021 01:49
  • Post subject:
Mercury wrote:
This may be the first chart of the day that I have literally not heard any albums. Impressive. The artists that I recognize are cool so I trust I will jump into some of these at some point.
Whilst I own and like Low Kick and Hard Bop, Sargasso Sea, Distant Hills and Herd of Instinct (which I vastly prefer to Mark Hollis’ solo album) I cannot but agree about the air of unfamiliarity in this chart. Twenty years ago, when I was devouring Joe S. Harrington’s Top 100 Albums on Blastitude, I did not own a single one of the albums at the time, but I had read enough rock criticism from Robert Christgau, Rolling Stone, Q, and other magazines whose names I forget at the moment that I knew of the great majority outside of the man’s jazz selections.

With this chart, although I own and like several albums, most of the remainder really is absolutely unknown. This is admittedly substantially because of the large number of albums from the 2000s and 2010s, but there are more than twenty albums from before 2000 and at least eight (New Heroin, Meri Pasand, Jewels of the Sea, Tingle Tangle, This Way to the Cargo Cult, A Monument of Trust, If Two Worlds Kiss, The Crowning) from before 1990 totally unknown to me even from word of mouth.

I would need to look at descriptions to see if there be something of real personal interest, but the unknown names of themselves make this chart truly singular and interesting.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
KitchenSink

• Posted: 02/10/2021 22:28
  • Post subject:
bruh I love craola

this motherfucker has Unsuk Chin on a chart

what a legend

(only thing that could improve it is if he stuck some of that poetry of his in the chart notes, then this would officially be in potential best-chart-on-BEA territory, that is if it's not already)