Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic
videoheadcleaner
formerly Harkan

Australia

• Posted: 12/25/2011 11:43
  • Post subject:
an_outlaw wrote:
You know, maybe I have lost the ablitiy to dislike music. I can't really be bothered to find flaws anymore and I am currentely finding good thing after good thing.

What is the point of disliking the music? I can see some of the appeal on first listen for most albums right now Confused

I have to agree in some parts here. I have rummaged through a lot of music this year and a lot I have found good. I think I have found what I like and what I don't; but that isn't to say I won't keep looking. But from an initial listen, if it doesn't grab me, I kinda don't bother.
  • Visit poster's website
Facetious

Pakistan

• Posted: 12/25/2011 14:45
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:
Eggman/Walrus/Taxman wrote:
Hayden wrote:
I tried to like Loveless, Is This It, Closer, Daydream Nation, and Exile On Main St. Smile

Now 2 of them are in my top 10, on is in my 50-100 range, and 2 of the others ones still suck Very Happy

Shocked Exile on Main St. sucks? That one is the best album out of the ones you mentioned!

I really don't understand the Rolling Stones in general. Yeah, they had a good guitarist, and fairly consistant drummer, some good ideas, etc..

But for the most part, it all sounds the same Brick wall They had some lucky hits, like Gimme Shelter & Sympathy For The Devil (both songs which influenced Metric, which is weird cause they're one of my favourite bands)

But Exile is just 2 discs of nothingness Neutral It's this guy who's not even hitting every third note, singing fairly bland lyrics over some sort of noises of grooves the band made.

Just average. 50/100 Confused

2 discs of nothingness? You call "Tumbling Dice", which must be one of THE greatest songs ever, "nothingness"? And it's not like that's the only great thing on the whole album.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Facetious

Pakistan

• Posted: 12/25/2011 14:47
  • Post subject:
Jackwc wrote:
I must one of maybe two people on this forum who really likes OK Computer...

I tried pretty hard to "get" pretty much the entire Animal Collective discography, but I think I just don't like them that much.

Trout Mask Replica is alright, but I think that, if anything, Frank Zappa was doing the TMR thing WAY BETTER than Beefheart and BEFORE Beefheart jumped on that bandwagon, so I don't see why TMR is such a fucking holy cow.

I like OK Computer. So I guess I am the second one.
And the thing about TMR is that it rocks even harder than Zappa's work. It's more, shall I say, enjoyable. That's not to say Zappa wasn't awesome and enjoyable too, 'cause Freak Out! is almost as good as TMR.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website