Music Evaluation and Redistribution Centre

View previous topic :: View next topic
Kiki

• Posted: 01/05/2012 21:57
  • Post subject: Music Evaluation and Redistribution Centre
So I had this idea... the details are a little sketchy right now so bare with me.

Basically I have devised a way to create a testament for modern music, preserve its legacy for thousands of years and to ensure the creation of more music.

This will be by creating the 'Music Evaluation and Redistribution Centre'. It will be like a place built underground, going miles beneath the surface of the years. Might be built into the side of the mountain or at the mouth of the cave. Anyway, it must be far underground as to avoid meteorite collisions. The tunnels have to be wider than the human vision to, so it seems like it's outside with perpetual night.

There a great archive will be built housing every single song and album ever created on many different formats. This will be the testament part. To avoid them being all in the same area (and easier for saboteurs to set on fire) they will be stored in different groups with numbers ranging from 1 to 99,999,999. These groups will be set metres or miles apart from each other... which sort of means this construction had to be many square miles in area. under the surface. Stairs, conveyor belts, lifts, hidden doors and tunnels barely big enough for a human to crawl through will lead to them. Sometimes more than two of those methods may be combined. Signs will display lists ranging from a few centimeters to several hundred metres high of what music you are approaching. However all the lists will be wrong. This will add an element of surprise.

However, what will all this be without new music? Oh boy, don't we need to keep new music coming! So I had this idea of having people live down here. There will be like rooms where people can live and amenities will be given. This will be a moneyless society... I think, maybe. I'll probably replace money with gold tokens or something Think

These people will create music with the things given down there. However there will be one catch. They can't leave for the next 12 months. This is to ensure that no bad influences from the outside world get into their work. They can either leave with the music they make or leave it down in the centre after I evaluate it on the last day. If they choose to give it to me then I gain all rights and royalties towards it.

Another idea for this purpose would be to buy loads of orphanages and adopt all the children in them and have them live under the ground. I will ensure that no one is going to go hungry and that the quality of life is much better than whatever hell hole of a country they would have grown up in. They will then spend their life making music underground with no contact from outside influences apart from the music that has been stockpiled down there. With no critics lists, reviews and outside opinions they will go into each album with unbiased ears. This will help them create masterpieces I think. Actually, I'm not really sure how this part will play out... I haven't thought that far ahead yet.

So some details are a little sketchy. I think the biggest pitfall with the plan is the cost. I mean I will have to be very rich to build such a place.

Anyway... does anyone have anything to add to this? Any suggestions? Any critiques?