UK or USA?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
CubaZed
  • Posted: 04/26/2014 14:54
  • Post subject:
Puncture Repair wrote:
Exactly this. When you've lived somewhere all your life it's easy to tell when something feels foreign. Number three could possibly swing either way.

Exactly this. Having lived in both areas for extensive periods of time I'm pretty sure that's right.
Kiki
  • Posted: 04/26/2014 15:01
  • Post subject:
ButterThumbz wrote:
I think you've got it. The only one I'm really dubious about is 5, certainly looks US but could be either.

Yep, within minutes of the thread being put up Dingerbell got them all right. I had to do a double take when I saw it as I thought it was much harder. Confused If you go down the road in number 5 for less than 7 miles you end up at the North Dakota/ Canada Border

I had another idea before I put this up. Like what if a bunch of users sent me pictures of roads which are say within 5 minutes walking distance of their house (this avoids giving out exact addresses as some may feel uncomfortable doing so) and then I post the pictures in a thread along with the list of users who are taking part and you have to match each one. Smile

We could also try other countries. This may take longer than this one for everyone to get right which would mean more fun!
SquishypuffDave

Australia
  • Posted: 04/26/2014 15:08
  • Post subject:
an_outlaw wrote:
I had another idea before I put this up. Like what if a bunch of users sent me pictures of roads which are say within 5 minutes walking distance of their house (this avoids giving out exact addresses as some may feel uncomfortable doing so) and then I post the pictures in a thread along with the list of users who are taking part and you have to match each one. Smile

I like this!
  • Visit poster's website
ButterThumbz
I always used to wonder if she wore false ears

United Kingdom
  • Posted: 04/26/2014 15:48
  • Post subject:
an_outlaw wrote:

I second that.
  • Visit poster's website
Goodsir
  • Posted: 04/26/2014 15:50
  • Post subject:
an_outlaw wrote:

I had another idea before I put this up. Like what if a bunch of users sent me pictures of roads which are say within 5 minutes walking distance of their house (this avoids giving out exact addresses as some may feel uncomfortable doing so) and then I post the pictures in a thread along with the list of users who are taking part and you have to match each one. Smile !

I'd participate! Smile
drakonium
coucou

France
  • Posted: 04/26/2014 15:58
  • Post subject:
Les rues françaises participeront!
  • Visit poster's website
Cymro2011
The Beatles were objectively average

United Kingdom
  • Posted: 04/26/2014 16:39
  • Post subject:
an_outlaw wrote:

I could do that. Very Happy
benpaco
Who's gonna watch you die?

United States
  • Posted: 04/26/2014 21:33
  • Post subject:
an_outlaw wrote:

I like this, though if me and Frogger walk 5 minutes in the right direction we might actually run into each other ... haha Smile

. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

Things I Make
  • Visit poster's website
Kiki
  • Posted: 04/26/2014 21:48
  • Post subject:
I've had some pictures come in already and it seems popular so I'll make it official. I'll take the first 10 or perhaps a little more. Razz
TracyJacks

Hungary
  • Posted: 04/26/2014 22:32
  • Post subject:
an_outlaw wrote:
I've had some pictures come in already and it seems popular so I'll make it official. I'll take the first 10 or perhaps a little more. Razz

I'm in! Smile
  • Visit poster's website