View previous topic :: View next topic
NickVolos
Segnahc Reve4

Location: Land of the Argonauts, Centaurs and other such creatures
Greece

• Posted: 05/26/2014 19:53
  • Post subject:
an_outlaw wrote:

Too much stress for tomorrow. Sad Been getting things prepared for the past hour and while I am almost know where everything is it doesn't calm me for tomorrow.

Hope all works out fine. At the end of tomorrow you can look back and smile. Think of it as just another day and it will pass. Keep up with your listening log - I like it. Very Happy Hope you find something relaxing to listen to.
For worship, being born among these trees?"
  • Visit poster's website
Norman Bates

France

• Posted: 05/26/2014 21:15
  • Post subject:
an_outlaw wrote:

Okay, so I listened to this album called 'Naked City' by John Zorn.

It has a saxophone and electric guitar.

It does, doesn't it?
  • Visit poster's website
Kiki

• Posted: 05/26/2014 22:42
  • Post subject:

Turns out the world hasn't ended just yet. I've laid out what I have to wear and taken time to chill and decide what I have to say. Dinner is gone although I could still have crackers and cheese it is getting fairly late so I won't.

While looking through my emails I discovered a link from bandcamp to a Bing Satellites album I had requested to download. You know, give us your email address and we give you link to download. I think it has been waiting there unopened since March or April. Now it is early birthday present!

So I listened around... hmmm.... 9 or 10. The album is called 'Twilight Sessions volume 12'. I have listened to Twilight Sessions 1-4 (1 being my favorite) and still trying to digest Volume 5 (It's over 3 hours long!) so yeah... I jumped a bit there!

'Twilight Sessions volume 12' is divided into 3 tracks. I'll tell you about each.

1. Snow Is Falling - I'm minutes in a I'm hearing something far different than I remember from the first Twilight Sessions. Maybe the 'Snow' in title had me thinking 'Icy' yet that is what it feels like. No souring through clouds here. Just a cold day. The sort the frost creeps onto sickly arms of trees waiting for spring. It's like entering the aftermath of something terrible with all the color shot away to pale shades of grey and white. Later on it seems to be contemplating itself. A rush, someone running out of time, the importance of the task unknown to the passer by. Despite the coldness of it, a flicker of hope against something doesn't cease shining throughout.

2. Blackbird - Red Sky, bad thoughts, shallow ditches, dark deeds. You're thrown amongst the hounds right away. This is the night to the 'Snow Is Falling' day. 'The Fall of the House of Usher' with the maddening panic replaced with calm resignation. It doesn't feel 19th Century however. More like a 22nd century tragedy. It isn't a happy future but at least it can say it has emotions. Not a sterile place at all. Borders on bleak which I admit can be a lazy word to describe music at times. The whole piece if it had thoughts would be obsessing over the fact it had messed up, it had did a great evil but rather than fly off into a rage it sits calmly in its own. Is there a tear? I can't say. Why the title 'Blackbird'? I'll like to remain unanswered. Oh... and the piano... touching stuff indeed.

3. The End Of The Beginning - Longest one. Reminds me of an album on my chart called 'Departure Songs' in the second half. This one also closest resembles the early sessions. Where Sessions 4-5 had the feeling of going against civilization, being lonely in one flat block in a city of millions and running down a city centre street at 2 in the morning with only the orange pale street lights to question your intentions, the first 3 feel more natural. This here feels a natural end to the feeling felt earlier in the piece.

Great stuff by them. Bandcamp page.

Kiki

• Posted: 05/26/2014 23:30
  • Post subject:

In other news...

I AM PANICKING AGAIN! THERE WILL BE 3 PEOPLE ALL QUESTIONING ME! IT'S GOING TO BE AFTER WORK!

I want to go to bed tonight and stay asleep forever and ever. I won't be home until past 5 tomorrow anyway so no presents until then. Sad I'll do the best I can. I know I will think I could have done better no matter how I do. I'll try sleep.

Goodnight.
Kiki

• Posted: 05/27/2014 20:10
  • Post subject:

No music this morning as had nothing on. No albums, nothing.
Kiki

• Posted: 05/27/2014 20:17
  • Post subject:

Turns out the interview thing wasn't too bad. Turns out I was more than capable. I mean there were 3 of them and they said I did very good and I have to go back in tomorrow for something. It for working in another part of the hospital.

I went for a meal today which was pretty good but a little too filling. I'm surprised it is not darker than it is right now.

I'm posting a list of albums tonight and the users who I think should listen to them. Hopefully someone will find something.
Kiki

• Posted: 05/27/2014 21:51
  • Post subject:

Still feeling under the weather today. Not feeling happy because there is still too much stress to deal with. Want to go to sleep yet I feel I have accomplished nothing. Feel all I want to do is sleep. I know I have to get up at 7 anyway. Time has gone far too fast.

I listened to an album just now. It's called 'Suburban Light' by The Clientele. While sounding peaceful and unchallanging it does go with little event. The cover shows the nighttime and this may be a road at 3:00am doing nothing. I have never been outside that late though so I can't comment further on that. There was a band back in the 90s called 'Dream City Film Club' who did the sound much better.
Kiki

• Posted: 05/27/2014 23:04
  • Post subject:

Too sad. I don't feel like listening to any music yet I have to do this. I'm not sure what to put. It's almost midnight right now. I hated today.

To make up for it I'll post some albums I have listened to lately.

Alas rattoisaa virtaa by Kemialliset Ystävät
Histrionic by Maria Minerva
Love by Amen Dunes
I Will Be a Pilgrim by Arch Garrison
Kiki

• Posted: 05/28/2014 17:22
  • Post subject:

I was listening to 'Transgender Dysphoria Blues' this morning. I think it may have been raining a lot so I had the umbrella. I think the first two songs are my favorites right now.
Kiki

• Posted: 05/28/2014 17:45
  • Post subject:

I think pop music is bad for me. I listen to it and it ruins albums for me. While I am also trying to stop myself liking punk music as well, something about pop keeps me coming back. I'll only ever listen to one song on the album though. So it doesn't help with things like this. Plus I am trying to be the most well listened person in music... ever. Not going to get near if I listen to the same song on repeat all day!

Right now I put on an album called Camoufleur by Gastr del Sol