Will anything in the future compare to the best ever?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
JohnnyRocketFingers

• Posted: 09/23/2008 13:00
  • Post subject:
good point mr music. i know jack white personally! ...some what

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F10tP5HIpaA
  • Visit poster's website
Lucy
  • Posted: 09/26/2008 08:20
  • Post subject:
I agree with you (old albums/bands are better) but i think The Checks will be something really special. They are about 20years old and there debut album (Hunting Whales) album is amazing.
  • Visit poster's website
telefunker

United Kingdom
  • Posted: 12/11/2008 15:45
  • Post subject:
Personally, I think we're approaching the end of an era musically. An era that encomapsses everything since Elvis to date. Making music is fast becoming something that anyone can do, given the pervasiveness and affordability of increasingly easier-to-use studio technology.

I think that eventually there will be a renaissance of sorts when someone comes up with something genuinely original and relevant. Perhaps using a completely different format the standard pop single/album. But in the mean time, there will probably be a lot of bedroom remixers, self-producing indie artists etc which will continue to plagiarise the last 60 years of music and remix old songs. A lot of automation from the technology too.

Basically, I think the line of distinction between the artists and the listener will become increasingly blurry until it doesn't exist. At that point, it's probably critical that something completely different comes along.
thomas697

Australia
  • Posted: 05/18/2010 04:13
  • Post subject:
telefunker wrote:
Personally, I think we're approaching the end of an era musically. An era that encomapsses everything since Elvis to date. Making music is fast becoming something that anyone can do, given the pervasiveness and affordability of increasingly easier-to-use studio technology.

I think that eventually there will be a renaissance of sorts when someone comes up with something genuinely original and relevant. Perhaps using a completely different format the standard pop single/album. But in the mean time, there will probably be a lot of bedroom remixers, self-producing indie artists etc which will continue to plagiarise the last 60 years of music and remix old songs. A lot of automation from the technology too.

Basically, I think the line of distinction between the artists and the listener will become increasingly blurry until it doesn't exist. At that point, it's probably critical that something completely different comes along.

Pretty much everythign you just said depressed the hell out of me .. That doesnt mean I dont believe everything you just said!
dp39

• Posted: 05/18/2010 04:40
  • Post subject:
I will agree mostly with rap. The old stuff was soooooooooo good. The new stuff is soooooooo bad. I don't get how these guys can call themselves rappers now a day, they have no talent. It's all about the money so I cant blame them too much, nobody wants to be broke. It's more of societys fault for excepting it.

I'm not a gangsta, but I'm black, and love gangsta rap, and the old shit was so good. Now it is dead.
jshawnano
  • Posted: 05/18/2010 04:45
  • Post subject:
Give the shoegaze revival some more time to kick up some dust. There's a revolution coming and radio is gonna shit itself when it happens cause nobody's gonna be listing to it.
  • Visit poster's website
Kiki
  • Posted: 05/18/2010 10:17
  • Post subject:
There will be no revolution. A group will one day be regarded better than The Beatles in some quarters. We are not approaching an end of an era in music. Anyone could of become an artist in the last 50 years, they either didn't want to or had been convinced not to by the culture of "I Can't". If the attitude that people can't be artists prevails no amount of technology is going to make most feel they can be artists.

So to the original poster. Yes, their will be albums in the future which will be considered the best ever
Cryptozoologist

United States
  • Posted: 05/18/2010 15:01
  • Post subject:
There are some good modern artists, but listening to 95% of the crap on the radio (Jonas Brothers, Owl City, Justin Bieber, Boys Like Girls, Lil' Wayne. Kesha, etc.) you begin to feel depressed.

Like telefunker said, someday a musical revolution will come, but for now we're stuck with R&B, rap, and boy bands.
  • Visit poster's website
Kiki
  • Posted: 05/18/2010 15:23
  • Post subject:
Cryptozoologist wrote:
There are some good modern artists, but listening to 95% of the crap on the radio (Jonas Brothers, Owl City, Justin Bieber, Boys Like Girls, Lil' Wayne. Kesha, etc.) you begin to feel depressed.

Like telefunker said, someday a musical revolution will come, but for now we're stuck with R&B, rap, and boy bands.

You make a point about 95%

I wonder if it was the same for past decades but the bad artists have all been forgotten while most of the other 5% are remembered and get the praise they deserve on sites like this one Smile
Cryptozoologist

United States
  • Posted: 05/18/2010 15:33
  • Post subject:
I forgot to mention Nickelback. God I hate Nickelback.
  • Visit poster's website