When bands hit their peak

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 05/15/2012 21:50
  • Post subject:
Mother Nature's Son wrote:
Weird. I thought ¨Funeral¨ was Arcade Fire's second album. What I thought was their debut-album happens to be just an EP. A really long EP actually, more than 30 minutes! Haven't heard it though!

It's pretty good Smile I prefer the version of No Cars Go from the EP than Neon Bible.
40footwolf

United States

• Posted: 05/15/2012 23:02
  • Post subject:
Error Finn wrote:
Artists who peaked on their 20th album (1):
Miles Davis - Kind of Blue (1959)

This is a good example of a peak or brandy, which is created after the death of artist (1991). The album was written in so-called rock magazines, which marked the presentation of the general public. The album was until then been the only jazz enthusiasts alike ode. When it was added to Miles Davis' role in rock type (fusion) jazz, was ready to drink brandy. The same brandy legend has grown in the case of Stanley Kubrick. When someone a younger movie friend (like myself) who saw the film Full Metal Jacket (1987), was certainly surprised that this gentleman has been making films for over 30 years! Tell me what is Davis' first album, and what is Kubrick's debut film? Those could not be the most popular!
Those bands, which are at the top of its debut with, have created the band's trademark.

Dude, you have got to find a better online translator. I have only the vaguest notion of what you're talking about.

-John Cassavettes
  • Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 05/15/2012 23:10
  • Post subject:
40footwolf wrote:
Dude, you have got to find a better online translator. I have only the vaguest notion of what you're talking about.

Good, I'm not the only one who didn't understand a word of that Laughing
Saoirse

• Posted: 05/30/2012 08:53
  • Post subject:
I think weezer hit they're commercial peak with the blue Album but Pinkerton was their most artistically successful (or perhaps most honest) album
Facetious

Pakistan

• Posted: 05/30/2012 12:23
  • Post subject:
40footwolf wrote:

I have an idea of what Error Finn is saying, that Kind of Blue and Full Metal Jacket are among the most famous works of their respective creators, and that often these famous works can overshadow their earlier works, so people are surprised when they learn of those earlier works that were created before the popular ones. I don't know what brandy has got to do with it.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
paladisiac
= music

United States

• Posted: 05/30/2012 18:46
  • Post subject:
i try to only see an artist in concert when they've hit their peak. of course, that's easier to (subjectively) judge in hindsight.
  • Visit poster's website
Error Finn

Finland

• Posted: 05/30/2012 20:05
  • Post subject:
Eggman/Walrus/Taxman wrote:
I have an idea of what Error Finn is saying, that Kind of Blue and Full Metal Jacket are among the most famous works of their respective creators, and that often these famous works can overshadow their earlier works, so people are surprised when they learn of those earlier works that were created before the popular ones. I don't know what brandy has got to do with it.

Good Very Happy Sorry my "error english" but I mean this: A brand (I used brandy Cool ) is a "Name, term, design, symbol, or any other feature that identifies one seller's good or service as distinct from those of other sellers." Branding began as a way to tell one person's cattle from another by means of a hot iron stamp. -wiki-
Facetious

Pakistan

• Posted: 05/31/2012 02:39
  • Post subject:
Error Finn wrote:
Good Very Happy Sorry my "error english" but I mean this: A brand (I used brandy Cool ) is a "Name, term, design, symbol, or any other feature that identifies one seller's good or service as distinct from those of other sellers." Branding began as a way to tell one person's cattle from another by means of a hot iron stamp. -wiki-

Oh, I now understand. Cool Cool

I think you made some good points in your post. Like how many don't know about Miles Davis' debut, and Stanley Kubrick's first film, because their later works were more famous.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website

• Posted: 05/31/2012 02:48
  • Post subject:
Eggman/Walrus/Taxman wrote:
Oh, I now understand. Cool Cool

I think you made some good points in your post. Like how many don't know about Miles Davis' debut, and Stanley Kubrick's first film, because their later works were more famous.

True, but I'm a little confused as to why Full Metal Jacket was selected as Kubrick's most popular work. I can literally think of 5 Kubrick films off the top of my head that were more popular (2001: A Space Odyssey, The Shining, Dr. Strangelove, Lolita, and A Clockwork Orange). Certainly the title of most popular Kubrick film would go to one of those five?

Not that Full Metal Jacket isn't also a wonderful movie...
Facetious

Pakistan

• Posted: 05/31/2012 02:54
  • Post subject:
swedenman wrote:
True, but I'm a little confused as to why Full Metal Jacket was selected as Kubrick's most popular work. I can literally think of 5 Kubrick films off the top of my head that were more popular (2001: A Space Odyssey, The Shining, Dr. Strangelove, Lolita, and A Clockwork Orange). Certainly the title of most popular Kubrick film would go to one of those five?

Not that Full Metal Jacket isn't also a wonderful movie...

I guess Error Finn was not saying that it was his most popular work (it's true that those films are all possibly more popular), but giving a real life example where a friend of theirs, who, I guess, had only watched Full Metal Jacket because it may have been a newly released film at that time, and very popular, and that person didn't have much knowledge of older movies, so they were surprised to learn that Kubrick had made many movies before.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website