• Posted: 02/03/2013 23:14
  • Post subject:
Loveless
MrFrogger
Where am I

United States

• Posted: 02/04/2013 01:17
  • Post subject:
This is pointless, one album you had over 20 years to digest, one you've had less than a day.
  • Visit poster's website
mooseboy101

Switzerland

• Posted: 02/04/2013 01:45
  • Post subject:
m b v just came out earlier today shut the fuck up this was a bad idea for a topic

• Posted: 02/04/2013 01:57
  • Post subject:
I personally prefer 'Isn't Anything' and 'Ecstasy and Wine' to 'Loveless'... and prefer their EPs over everything!

As to this particular poll - IT SUCKS!

I am hardly going to compare an album that I have listened to hundreds of times over the last 21 or so years to one I have listened to maybe 3 times... That's just a stupid thing to do!
purple

• Posted: 02/04/2013 02:13
  • Post subject:
I've listened to m b v repeatedly today, and Loveless once more. At this time, I can confidently say that I currently enjoy Loveless significantly more, but that m b v will make it into my chart at some point in the future.

As far as people believing that you can't digest an album within a day, I find this to be a generalization of everyone's ear and perhaps people's perception of the album. Several albums on my chart were put there after a single listen, including Black Saint And The Sinner Lady, Ghosts Of The Great Highway, Dragging A Dead Deer Up A Hill, Since I Left You, and Public Strain; many more were put on there after less than a handful of listens. The other side of the coin is that some albums on my chart took me months or years of revisiting them before I eventually fell in love with them. It all depends on the person's relationship with the album, and not necessarily time, the complexity of the album, hype, etc. Of course with time you can begin to grow bored of an album or love it more, but that does not invalidate your feelings on the album now. What are we living for if not the now? Should everyone go back and edit their past posts to reflect their current opinions?
bcaie16

Canada

• Posted: 02/04/2013 04:56
  • Post subject:
purple wrote:
I've listened to m b v repeatedly today, and Loveless once more. At this time, I can confidently say that I currently enjoy Loveless significantly more, but that m b v will make it into my chart at some point in the future.

As far as people believing that you can't digest an album within a day, I find this to be a generalization of everyone's ear and perhaps people's perception of the album. Several albums on my chart were put there after a single listen, including Black Saint And The Sinner Lady, Ghosts Of The Great Highway, Dragging A Dead Deer Up A Hill, Since I Left You, and Public Strain; many more were put on there after less than a handful of listens. The other side of the coin is that some albums on my chart took me months or years of revisiting them before I eventually fell in love with them. It all depends on the person's relationship with the album, and not necessarily time, the complexity of the album, hype, etc. Of course with time you can begin to grow bored of an album or love it more, but that does not invalidate your feelings on the album now. What are we living for if not the now? Should everyone go back and edit their past posts to reflect their current opinions?

I can attest to this, I had the exact same relationship with Black Saint And The Sinner Lady. Mingus blew my mind on the first try.
  • Visit poster's website

• Posted: 02/04/2013 06:38
  • Post subject:
Ok Mr purple... i have listened to their entire back catalogue today and based on how I feel right now...

You Made Me Realise > Sunny Sundae Smile> Ecstasy> Strawberry Wine> Glider > Isn't Anything> Feed Me With Your Kiss > Loveless > Geek > Tremolo > This Is Your Bloody Valentine > m b v > The New Record by My Bloody Valentine > Man You Love To Hate