Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
EyeKanFly
Head Bear Master/Galactic Emperor

United States
  • Posted: 04/23/2013 21:34
  • Post subject:
drakonium wrote:
Great record if you're angry or killing some guy in the street.

Applause
MrFrogger
Where am I

United States
  • Posted: 04/23/2013 21:53
  • Post subject:
I like it. I recently got the 20th anniversary picture disc, which renewed my love for it.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Posted: 04/23/2013 22:15
  • Post subject:
Dingerbell wrote:
Why should who this album influence matter? Nothing to do with RATM or their album, really. And I know for a fact that not all bands who are influenced by this are bad, for example Muse are very strongly influenced by RATM.

Wat
MrFrogger
Where am I

United States
  • Posted: 04/23/2013 22:17
  • Post subject:
Dingerbell wrote:
Why should who this album influence matter? Nothing to do with RATM or their album, really. And I know for a fact that not all bands who are influenced by this are bad, for example Muse are very strongly influenced by RATM.

Lol you picked such a bad example
  • Visit poster's website
Jasonconfused
If We Make It We Can All Sit Back and Laugh

United States
  • Posted: 04/23/2013 22:27
  • Post subject:
Dingerbell wrote:
And I know for a fact that not all bands who are influenced by this are bad, for example Muse are very strongly influenced by RATM.

Happymeal
  • Posted: 04/24/2013 00:16
  • Post subject:
Considering you plebs have

swedenman wrote:
Wat

Oasis, queen, Rush, etc.

MrFrogger wrote:
Lol you picked such a bad example

Radiohead, Neutral Milk Hotel, Foxygen, etc.

Jasonconfused wrote:

Guns N Roses, Foxygen, Van Halen, etc.

on your chart, well, you really shouldn't be ganging up on someone because they like Muse. Just saying. I know you're insulting Muse as an artist, but you're taking it out of fucking context. It's funny because he brings up a legitimate point yet you ignore that and insult his taste. i don't mind that, I'm doing it right now, but you should at least fucking interact with his actual point too.
  • Posted: 04/24/2013 00:23
  • Post subject:
Happymeal wrote:
Considering you plebs have

Guns N Roses, Foxygen, Van Halen, etc.

on your chart, well, you really shouldn't be ganging up on someone because they like Muse. Just saying. I know you're insulting Muse as an artist, but you're taking it out of fucking context. It's funny because he brings up a legitimate point yet you ignore that and insult his taste. i don't mind that, I'm doing it right now, but you should at least fucking interact with his actual point too.

Whoa, slow down there, turbo. His point wasn't directed at me and I wasn't part of that discussion, so I didn't respond to it. I also wasn't insulting his tastes so much as I was expressing confusion that he was talking about Muse as though they were generally regarded as a great band. I don't care if someone likes Muse, it's just that they're probably not the BEST example if you're trying to convince someone else that a band influenced other great artists. I mean, I wouldn't use Queen or Rush or Oasis in that context, either.

For example, I'd expect people to be puzzled if I said something like "The Beatles influenced some great artists, such as Oasis." Y'know? It just sounded like he was trying to convince useless that not all bands influenced by RATM were bad and Muse just probably isn't the best example to choose to illustrate that point to someone who doesn't share your taste.
Happymeal
  • Posted: 04/24/2013 00:35
  • Post subject:
swedenman wrote:
Whoa, slow down there, turbo. His point wasn't directed at me and I wasn't part of that discussion, so I didn't respond to it. I also wasn't insulting his tastes so much as I was expressing confusion that he was talking about Muse as though they were generally regarded as a great band. I don't care if someone likes Muse, it's just that they're probably not the BEST example if you're trying to convince someone else that a band influenced other great artists. I mean, I wouldn't use Queen or Rush or Oasis in that context, either.

For example, I'd expect people to be puzzled if I said something like "The Beatles influenced some great artists, such as Oasis." Y'know? It just sounded like he was trying to convince useless that not all bands influenced by RATM were bad and Muse just probably isn't the best example to choose to illustrate that point to someone who doesn't share your taste.

I disagree completely about what you said in this statement (at least certain aspects of it).

I'm not going to say you're wrong about not insulting his tastes, because you're right, you weren't. i was just being a little harsh cause I was pissed.

On the other hand, if it wasn't a conversation you were involved with, why did you get involved anyways? You didn't demonstrate anything besides your dislike for Muse. You know people who believe Muse is a bad example? People who don't like Muse. i thought it was a perfectly reasonable example. Realize this. Muse is popular as well as acclaimed so yes they're a very reasonable example, whether you like them or not. Just because you don't share the same tastes does not mean the example holds no water.

And second off, like I said, if you weren't involved in the conversation, then why say anything in the first place? If you're going to comment on the conversation, comment on the whole thing, not parts you know you can take advantage of to amuse yourself.
Jasonconfused
If We Make It We Can All Sit Back and Laugh

United States
  • Posted: 04/24/2013 00:45
  • Post subject:
I'm really glad we decided to make Happymeal a moderator.. oh wait..
Happymeal
  • Posted: 04/24/2013 00:49
  • Post subject:
Jasonconfused wrote:
I'm really glad we decided to make Happymeal a moderator.. oh wait..

Lol, I sincerely have no idea what you're referring to (if anything), but this is hilarious. Why would I want to be a moderator though?