I feel terrible

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Wombi

• Posted: 05/03/2013 17:24
  • Post subject:
ptaylor1989 wrote:
what you're feeling isn't your fault.

this so much. can't stress how important this point is. I've only recently been able to acknowledge that for myself though so i completely understand if it takes time to come to that conclusion.

you're going to be okay and you're going to get through this.
Applerill
Autistic Princess <3

United States

• Posted: 05/03/2013 17:34
  • Post subject:
I know this sounds silly, but even more than other happy music, I find listening to Kitty Pryde mixtapes really has been helping me. Oftentimes I struggle with serious depression, as well; but these mountains of silly pop culture references always makes me feel happy and energized. They puts me in a completely happy-go-lucky state of mind, where I'm full of this excess energy, and then can act on whatever things I have to do to improve myself with a good attitude.

This isn't merely cheap escapism: It's just a way to get you to sense all the happy times in life Smile

I don't know what your big worry is, but if it's anything like the set that I have, you're not going to die. You'll still have beautiful sunsets, and your music, and wonderful people to talk to. It's all gonna be okay Smile

I hope that helps, Tekin.
  • Visit poster's website
ButterThumbz
I always used to wonder if she wore false ears

United Kingdom

• Posted: 05/03/2013 17:39
  • Post subject:
Applerill wrote:
I know this sounds silly, but even more than other happy music, I find listening to Kitty Pryde mixtapes really has been helping me. Oftentimes I struggle with serious depression, as well; but these mountains of silly pop culture references always makes me feel happy and energized. They puts me in a completely happy-go-lucky state of mind, where I'm full of this excess energy, and then can act on whatever things I have to do to improve myself with a good attitude.

This isn't merely cheap escapism: It's just a way to get you to sense all the happy times in life Smile

I don't know what your big worry is, but if it's anything like the set that I have, you're not going to die. You'll still have beautiful sunsets, and your music, and wonderful people to talk to. It's all gonna be okay Smile

I hope that helps, Tekin.

This. I felt like I'd hit rock bottom a few months back. I put on some James Brown and it sorted me right out. [Edit] I'm not suggesting that's all you need to do, it just got me out of a hole.
  • Visit poster's website
GeevyDallas
WATTBA

• Posted: 05/03/2013 17:48
  • Post subject:
I'm prone to similar feelings,I always try to set myself goals to keep my mind active and away from what's getting me down.It can be something simple like planning a day trip or sth,you'll have something to look forward to as well something to put thought into.Also as already stated try and get exercise,anything from a walk to a swim will make you feel much better.I find anything that takes up my time in these circumstances helps too,maybe start attending evening classes or sth,my mate recently started doing a photography class in the evenings and he loves it,you met new people and have something to take up the hours of dwelling.
  • Visit poster's website
drakonium
coucou

France

• Posted: 05/03/2013 17:49
  • Post subject:
ButterThumbz wrote:
This. I felt like I'd hit rock bottom a few months back. I put on some James Brown and it sorted me right out.

I'm not sure Tekin is talking about feeling sad. I think he's talking about pure sadness, the one that has been here for months, and that suddenly bursts, and ruins your life. The one that make you want to suicide yourself. That's a word you can't just forget with music. It doesn't always work like that. Well at least that's how I personally lived it. It was terrible. It wasn't any "Oh, let's put some joyful music, I'll feel better" kind of thing.

Tekin has not really explained what he had, though, and I might very well be wrong. But the way he wrote it makes me think there's really something going on.

I concluded my last post with it, but it's really important. If what you're living is serious, you have to do something now. Your parents are the first ones who must know, and you should talk about it with them.

I'm sorry if my tone is being quite rude, I'm just really touched by your topic. It brings back what I've been through, and I just can't accept to see someone here like that. I'm with you.
  • Visit poster's website
JMan

• Posted: 05/03/2013 18:12
  • Post subject:
Some things that have helped me through hard times is a cup of tea and writing my stories. Or sometimes I put on SNL or a good kids movie. When it's a kids or comedy movie I need, usually An American Tail, Good Burger or Aladdin works the best. Do you have things that usually help you from tough times? You should find some kind of routine for when your sad and need something.

Last edited by JMan on 05/03/2013 18:14; edited 1 time in total
revolver94
professional dilettante

United States

• Posted: 05/03/2013 18:13
  • Post subject:
Wow, I'm so impressed by this response.

All of this is really great advice, tekin. I know that, for a while after getting charged the second time, I started to have similar thoughts (it just felt like I was going to go nowhere in life, be cut-off by my parents, yada yada yada), and sometimes they've even started to return. Just talking with someone about it can really help. Also, try and add new, positive things to your life. Shifting to happier music also works really well.

We're all here for you.

Last.fm
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
ButterThumbz
I always used to wonder if she wore false ears

United Kingdom

• Posted: 05/03/2013 18:37
  • Post subject:
drakonium wrote:
I'm not sure Tekin is talking about feeling sad. I think he's talking about pure sadness, the one that has been here for months, and that suddenly bursts, and ruins your life. The one that make you want to suicide yourself. That's a word you can't just forget with music. It doesn't always work like that. Well at least that's how I personally lived it. It was terrible. It wasn't any "Oh, let's put some joyful music, I'll feel better" kind of thing.

That's fair enough. I struggled with depression many many years ago and I guess JB wouldn't have done much for me back then. I was just agreeing with Applerill, that It may not seem like much but it got me through some difficult moments. I've been through a bit of shit in the last 18 months but I've never felt suicidal before so I guess I'm not really qualified to comment (although I am working on that).

Last edited by ButterThumbz on 05/04/2013 11:38; edited 3 times in total
  • Visit poster's website
Norman Bates

France

• Posted: 05/03/2013 18:41
  • Post subject:
ptaylor1989 wrote:
Exercise,

It may sound trivial, but totally this. I have always found physical exertion to be of great help in times of utter distress. Empties your head, forces you to focus on something completely different, and the sheer fatigue will help provide sleep if that's a problem.
  • Visit poster's website

• Posted: 05/03/2013 19:44
  • Post subject:
I feel you, man. I've dealt with depression my whole life, often bordering on suicidal, and I know how it feels nearly impossible to get through. By far the best cure for me is just to find something I really love to do and do it until it takes my mind off whatever was getting me down. It'll usually feel like a chore at first, but over time it'll work almost every time.

Some examples might include listening to your favorite music, watching some of your favorite movies or TV shows (a lot of times it helps to do this with someone you're close with), and even just having a beer with some friends. These are all things that help me, I don't know if you'll be the same, but it's certainly somewhere to start.