New Rock N Roll

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
jonasbrother4

• Posted: 08/03/2013 18:33
  • Post subject:
I am seriously hoping that people stop trying to make rock music, hasn't there been enough bad rock bands with bad guitarists and singers.
Defago
Your Most Favorite User

Peru

• Posted: 08/03/2013 18:45
  • Post subject:
jonasbrother4 wrote:
I am seriously hoping that people stop trying to make rock music, hasn't there been enough bad rock bands with bad guitarists and singers.

I don't mind bad bands, I can just not listen to them. I do mind the lack of good bands, but luckily I've found and keep finding many bands I enjoy.

I don't really feel I desperately need something new to happen with rock music. As it is, I haven't finished discovering everything that's come so far, so I still have new stuff to listen to even if rock music stays static for the next few years. There's also different genres I haven't explored, and different country scenes.
  • Visit poster's website
Kiki

• Posted: 08/03/2013 18:48
  • Post subject:
jonasbrother4 wrote:

Why are they still allowed on here? They've never contributed anything beyond trolling to the website despite all the accounts they have put up.
sp4cetiger

• Posted: 08/03/2013 18:48
  • Post subject: Re: New Rock N Roll
The Poe wrote:
Also, have all or most band members named after Pokemon.

I'm thinking this, plus the Vuvuzelas, cowbells, a human beat box, and lots and lots of glitter. We can call it "Gudoy." Idea

Last edited by sp4cetiger on 08/03/2013 18:50; edited 1 time in total
Kiki

• Posted: 08/03/2013 18:49
  • Post subject:
sp4cetiger wrote:
So you mean something analogous to, for example, the DIY ethic or glam fad?

Quote:
How about ridding the notion of analyzing and critiquing the music

I like this one. My wife likes to complain about how I'm too cerebral with music, how it should be okay for her to enjoy her Lady Gaga or Roger Miller just to have fun. Treating music as pure catharsis is vaguely primitivist, so the idea would probably be embraced (somewhat ironically) by critics. I still think that, whatever it is, it will be a response to existing fads, and if there's ever been an era when we're overanalyzing and overcomplicating music, it's right now.

How else can we simplify? We can't just strip down the production, because the garage rock fad has already come and gone. What if we did away with the lyrics, but kept the vocals? Or just kept the lyrics extremely simple and repetitive?

Remove the bloggers. Laughing
jonasbrother4

• Posted: 08/03/2013 19:49
  • Post subject:
an_outlaw wrote:
Why are they still allowed on here? They've never contributed anything beyond trolling to the website despite all the accounts they have put up.

the world has been inundated with bad rock music, but don't accept my help and you go ahead and do you.
alelsupreme
Awful.

United Kingdom

• Posted: 08/03/2013 20:10
  • Post subject:
jonasbrother4 wrote:
the world has been inundated with bad rock music, but don't accept my help and you go ahead and do you.

You're kida, aren't you.
  • Visit poster's website
Kiki

• Posted: 08/03/2013 20:15
  • Post subject:
itsit wrote:
You're kida, aren't you.

They are. My last comment was rash though. Still... rather than banning again someone should talk to them. The constant rule breaking is them effectively treating the website with no respect.
Kool Keith Sweat

• Posted: 08/03/2013 20:31
  • Post subject:
for rhythm, someone should take a detached harp soundboard and beat it with their fists while scratching at it with their fingernails and razorblades, while someone else shakes a glass jar of coca cola bottle caps. The beat should be accented by field recordings of running/falling water and amplified recordings of termites eating and amateur recordings of sexual moans, the sounds of an electric guitar being plugged in when the amp is already on, and a syncopated, funky bass line. All vocals are spoken in tongues. It will be called babel, and it will replace rock.
Kiki

• Posted: 08/03/2013 20:34
  • Post subject:
What if there was no music at all? Instead the rock band goes places with their intruments and does everything a band does but don't plau music or shows? Like... when they get on the stage they just stand there? Or they have actors to play the shows?