13%
 13%  [3]
No.
59%
 59%  [13]
Total Votes : 22

sp4cetiger
  • Posted: 09/23/2013 03:32
  • Post subject: Re: It has come to my attention...
Mancsoulsister wrote:
I would rank the contents of your average toilet bowl higher than DSOTM!

Very Happy

Hmm... I have a new plan for snagging an original vinyl copy of DSOTM. Anybody have a big scoop?
Wombi
  • Posted: 09/23/2013 03:44
  • Post subject:
JMan wrote:

I'm trying to open up to people and better myself, jack. o you really want to make me angry?

You're not doing that great a job of apologizing tbh. All Jack did was prove to you that he didn't find it difficult to rank DSOTM below many Radiohead albums. I wouldn't either. Not sure why you're continuing on the same tact you were before since you were apparently sorry for that.

Look you're not the first person on the internet to declare someone a fanboy in order to discredit any validity their opinion might have but it's a cheap tactic and if you look closely at it it's meaningless. Not going to get into another objective vs Subjective argument here but I'll simply say - you have a Def Leppard album ranked above DSOTM.
JMan
  • Posted: 09/23/2013 03:47
  • Post subject:
OK, I'll explain a klittle more. I meant by a vast majority of people, and not just my opinion. I'll edit the first post for that. Anyway, my point is I'm sorry. I want us to get to whether people accept my apology and not how well I explain myself. Please focus on the apology.
AlexZangari

United States
  • Posted: 09/23/2013 04:01
  • Post subject:
1. Now I'm really hoping I'm wrong here and this thread is sincerely meant as an apology, but given that the longest, central paragraph of the OP (also containing the only words of the OP you decided needed to be bold) has nothing to do with an apology and is instead continuing your argument, this thread looks suspiciously like another way for JMan to have everyone's attention so that he may talk more about his opinion.

2. Yes, overzealous Radiohead fans have made charts on this site. They have increased OKC's rank score marginally, just like every other overzealous fan of every other band has done for the albums of those bands. It's not something exclusive to Radiohead.

JMan wrote:
I just find it weird that a Radiohead album, a band I never heard of until I joined BEA, can actually top a highly impiortant and influential album like DSOTM or a Beatles album on any website by a wide majority of people.

Honestly, and I don't mean this to sound as rude as it might, this is solely because of your own ignorance.

Jackwc wrote:
Hail To The Thief > Piper At The Gates Of Dawn = OK Computer > Animals = Wish You Were Here > The Bends > Kid A > Atom Heart Mother > Dark Side Of The Moon > In Rainbows = Ummagumma > Meddle > The Wall > King Of Limbs > Momentary Lapse Of Reason > Amnesiac >>> Pablo Honey >>>>>>>> The Division Bell

All this time I thought I was the only one who ranked Kid B so low. Shocked
Jackwc
Queen Of The Forums

Canada
  • Posted: 09/23/2013 04:25
  • Post subject:
AlexZangari wrote:
3. All this time I thought I was the only one who ranked Kid B so low. Shocked

lol, Kid B, how apt.

ALSO TO EVERYBODY ELSE I THINK WHAT JMAN IS TRYING (VERY POORLY AT BEST, BECAUSE HE HAS A WAY WITH WORDS LIKE NORMAN BATES HAS A WAY WITH HOSPITALITY) TO SAY IS THIS:

"I find it weird that Dark Side Of The Moon, an album which most 'canon' music journalism (particularly in North America) believes to be far superior to OK Computer (an album which I, JMan, hadn't even heard of prior to joining BEA) is ranked below OK Computer when the tastes of all these users are tallied - certainly it seems that DSOTM is the more sacred cow in this respect, no? I would also like to express, ON AN ENTIRELY UNRELATED NOTE, that I don't care much for Radiohead and their fans I find to be annoying and pompous."
- what JMan seemed to have meant

Music sucks. Check out my favourite movies, fam:
http://letterboxd.com/jackiegigantic/
  • Visit poster's website
JMan
  • Posted: 09/23/2013 04:58
  • Post subject:
Two things. First of all, I nderstand that my first attempt at apologizing wasn't sincere. Here's a better one:

I've caused many problems, destroyed many valued threads with my endless posting, and possibly ruined any chances of a friendly relationship with fellow users. I need to realize that the internet is not a coffee house for everyone to enjoy, and I'm very sorry for causing problems. And the only reason I made that OP was a failed attempt to explain why I was sorry. Will you please forgive me for any pain I've caused you on BEA?

Second of all, Jack is a horrible troll who will never learn to stop insulting people whether it be direct or not. Jack should not be on this thread.
Jackwc
Queen Of The Forums

Canada
  • Posted: 09/23/2013 05:15
  • Post subject:
JMan wrote:
Second of all, Jack is a horrible troll who will never learn to stop insulting people whether it be direct or not. Jack should not be on this thread.

lolwut?

I guess I'm a pretty successful troll when my every action is interpreted as trolling, even when I'm not trolling.

Music sucks. Check out my favourite movies, fam:
http://letterboxd.com/jackiegigantic/
  • Visit poster's website
Norman Bates

France
  • Posted: 09/23/2013 09:03
  • Post subject:
Jackwc wrote:
BECAUSE HE HAS A WAY WITH WORDS LIKE NORMAN BATES HAS A WAY WITH HOSPITALITY)

You're welcome anytime.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Posted: 09/23/2013 09:09
  • Post subject:
JMan wrote:
Two things. First of all, I nderstand that my first attempt at apologizing wasn't sincere. Here's a better one:

I've caused many problems, destroyed many valued threads with my endless posting, and possibly ruined any chances of a friendly relationship with fellow users. I need to realize that the internet is not a coffee house for everyone to enjoy, and I'm very sorry for causing problems. And the only reason I made that OP was a failed attempt to explain why I was sorry. Will you please forgive me for any pain I've caused you on BEA?

JMan, I (and I imagine most everyone else) am willing to accept your apology, but we're going to have a problem every time you say something like this:

JMan wrote:
I just find it hard to believe that a Radiohead album, desptie how good it is, can actually top DSOTM or a Beatles album on any website.

Now I'm more than willing to put this one instance behind us, but you have a knack for doing things like this over and over. Maybe we should try a different approach. Before we accept your apology, let me ask you: Do you at least understand why a statement like the one I've quoted above sounds ignorant as hell and would piss a lot of people off? Because until you understand that I'm not sure we're going to make much progress.
nutso42
  • Posted: 09/23/2013 12:12
  • Post subject: