Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 32, 33, 34  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
MrFrogger
Where am I

United States

• Posted: 03/19/2014 00:59
  • Post subject: Re: Comment On The Users
benpaco wrote:
"the most attractive one on the site" (that female friend I mentioned with HTTS) 

Haha, what?
  • Visit poster's website
BasedGod

• Posted: 03/19/2014 01:09
19Loveless91- Cool guy, he was a great mod
40footwolf- Wish he would have kept posting, one of the best back in '11
AgainstMeAgainstYou- Angry, Tokio Hotel
Albummaster- Our father
alelsupreme- Funny kid, itsit
AlexZangari- dick pic
An_Outlaw- Interesting guy, makes BEA what it is
Antonio-Pedro- Annoying little kid
Applerill- Missing him
bacaie16- Hospice avatar
behrus58- Those polls were annoying af
Bongritsu- Kenny G video, great poster but I haven't seen him lately
bork- Missing him
BorveBaunehoj- One of the funniest users, although why does he keep deleting and making accounts?
BrandonMeow- Great kid, wish I had kids like him in my school
Captain_Dude- What album are you listening to?
cartoken- Strokes guy, pretty cool
CellarDoor- One of the best charts on the site, great poster back in the day 
CubaZed- Cool guy
Cymro2011- Garage rock is cool, good poster
Defago- Great user and chart
DividesByZero- Great chart, Bay Area
Drakonium- Great user, farfetch'd, thanks for the tournament
Error Finn- He should find a better translator
Facetious- Improved since the early Eggman days, see Brandon
FatherTime- Future of rock
ffudnebbuh- I like his avatar
GARY- lol, wonder how he's been doing
GeevyDallas- Based, DLGGLD
Goodsir- Emo thread, annoying little kid, genesisfoxtrot21
Gowienczeyk- One of my favorite users who joined within the last year, great taste
Gussteivi- Did not like hipsters
Hairymarx- Scaruffi
Happymeal- Annoying little kid
harkan- Great tournaments
Hayden- Hayden Who is good, great user
HigherThanTheSun- Great user
IrishMusichead- Ireland is cool
Jackwc- Unfunny prick (see This Day in Music 4/9 thread)
Jasonconfused- Dadrocker, hates Laughing Stock so I don't like him
Jhereko- Great tournaments, most posts of a non-banned user ever, very committed, best user
jhuik- Jimmy Page avatar
Jman- Troll at first, in recent months became nondescript
JoannaJewsom- Great arguments with Naples, great RYM reviews
joshtrainia- Too many threads
JOSweetheart- James Otto is a real G #BoutDatLife
JoyOfDivision- Great chart
Junodog4- Doesn't post that much, but when he does, it's wonderful
kidamnesiac- Scumfuck piece of shit
Kool Keith Sweat- One of the all time greatest users
LAPlunderphonixx- Annoying little kid
Le Samurai- What album are you listening to?
LethalNezzle- Best user
Lightmyway- Shit taste but nice 
Magenta- Great user, missing her
MeccaLecca- Great user
Mercury- Cool guy, The Tallest Man On Earth is a shitty Bob Dylan parody though
Mooseboy- Aborted in the first trimester, real father was a sperm donor
Mother Nature's Son- Beatles objectively best
Mr. Shankly- Missing him
MrFrogger- Hipster but got better
Necharsian- Reps metal so cool and also one of the greatest users
NickVolos- Forever Changes is great
NormanBates- One of the greatest users, great chart
Nutso42- Great tournaments
Paladisiac- uh
Patman360- Great user
Pearljammer13- Missing him, great user
PolythenePam- Missing her, one of the greatest users
Precedent- Homophobic piece of shit who spams comments, Ardokal
ptaylor1989- Missing him, great user
PunctureRepair- Great avatars he made, great user, CalamityCat
revolver94- Great user, hope he hasn't gotten in trouble with the law again
RFNAPLES- lmao
RockyRaccoon- Cool guy
Romanelli- Great user who cares about the database
samistake2ice- Elliott Smith is great
Saoirse- One of the greatest users, voice of reason anothergreenworld2
satiemaniac- Cool new guy
Sethmadsen- U2 threads
ShaneSpear- Great user and mod
SilverWalrus- Bay Area, great user
sp4cetiger- One of my favorite users joined within the last year
SquishypuffDave- One of the greatest users
SuedeSwede- Less annoying than Goodsir and Antonio, Mod
SwedenMan- Great user
tekin- The current "tekin" is Happymeal, also great user and missing him
TheGollux- Great chart
thejoj- Retarded fucking abhorrent troll
ThePoe- Annoying fucking elitist piece of shit, glad he's gone
Tonality- Cool new user
TracyJacks- Cool lady
TrekkiELO- racist
Unwound- Great post-hardcore band, Leaves Turn Inside You is amazing
useless- His name
Xavygravy- He liked Weezer a lot
Yourself- Cool guy but could be elitist
  • Visit poster's website
mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland

• Posted: 03/19/2014 01:19
  • Post subject:
I’ve cut down on this to people I think I have at least a concrete thought about, as I barely joined a year ago and I’ve been inactive for long periods twice I think I’m not really good with people’s personalities quite yet, but there are some thoughts:

An_Outlaw – Indirectly wanted remembered the best of me at my worst and invited me indirectly to the website. Now, I haven’t exactly made sense of everything Outlaw has said or done but I personally feel like his intentions are good-natured even if he tries to force himself to be opinionated or ask ridiculous hypotheticals at times. Without him I would’ve never known about this website so there’s a lot of good from that.

benpaco – Since my last hiatus ended I sort of ran into Ben a few times, and ultimately I’ve not sure what to think as he tries to expand and digest so much at such a youthful point. I envy that sort of ambition and energy, as well as deep passion.

BrandonMeow – Somewhere between Ben and Mercury, though it seems his taste is diverse yet hard to really pin down at times which makes recommendations problematic.

DividesByZero – The currently largest depth I have in a conversational exchange is between myself and DBZ. Generally pretty chill and has an interestingly diverse perspective.

Happymeal – One of the first people to invite me to the site, but I still can’t say I quite understand his perspective or opinions too well.

Jackwc – A bit assertively blunt at times regarding opinionated comments, but at times that’s not necessarily a bad thing. By far the most entertaining user on-site for me, oh and passionate about film so that’s cool too.

Jasonconfused – I only have one real issue with Jason and that’s the almighty “worst albums” list on his custom charts, which I’ve strongly stated my views on. I have no problem with somebody with rock canon as their favorites even if I think it’s all too a little expected. In spite of this Jason was one of the first ten people to welcome me to the site (especially when it was discovered I was into metal, heh) and that has some pull to it.

Kool Keith Sweat – Reminds me of my friend Cameron, except actually cares a little bit about forum etiquette sometimes. Butted heads a few times, but nothing too bad or such I took to heart.

LethalNezzle – Butted heads the most, but really respect his experience in certain genres. Still think he’s a bit too confrontationally blunt at times whilst at other times he’s damn neutral in his manner. Though I will say he’s incredibly helpful especially honest when it comes to my behavior when it steps a little off the line which I appreciate all the same.

Mercury – Don’t understand him yet, but seems pretty cool when your jokes don’t go over my head.

Necharsian – Really appreciate his metal selection even if he seems more on the extreme-side of the genre for the most part. I have zero problems with him ever.

RockyRaccoon – Always surprised how open-minded he can be, and we share views on more than a few things.

satiemaniac – From the old-site, and sort of somebody who’s come a long way in music development in the years I’ve known him. In the past I was an utter douchewaffle regarding things, but it turned out for the better. Hell, I’d consider nobody else in my internet peers to go to for experimental and minimalism suggestions.

SilverWalrus – Well, one of the first person I’ve noticed to take my recommendations seriously; we share interest in anime, some aspects of gaming, and shoegaze/dream pop. So there’s a bit of common ground.

sp4acetiger – Had some banter before believing myself to be put on an ignore list, so I really don’t know much about his personality but we had a particularly mixed up exchange of views that came from me defending Kraftwerk. Not dissimilar to Swede/Lethal versus Me on the matter of The Who.

Swedenman – Another “met me early” user and actually the first person I exchanged opposite perspectives with (on The Beatles’ “Revolver”). Really neutral but can lack tact when expressing his opinions which on other sites would lead to plenty arguments; which is good that BEA is different.

The Poe – I never really saw glimpses of the holier-than-thou elitist variant of Poe, so I always thought them to be particularly refreshing and interesting.
  • Visit poster's website

• Posted: 03/19/2014 01:21
  • Post subject:
Gowienczyk wrote:
Swedenman – Really neutral but can lack tact when expressing his opinions which on other sites would lead to plenty arguments; which is good that BEA is different.

Fuck yeah I don't sugarcoat shit. If my opinions offend you then good.
mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland

• Posted: 03/19/2014 01:24
  • Post subject:
swedenman wrote:
Fuck yeah I don't sugarcoat shit. If my opinions offend you then good.

There's a big difference between tact and sugarcoating, just like there's a difference between being blunt and offensive. Razz
  • Visit poster's website
Silver

• Posted: 03/19/2014 01:45
  • Post subject:
No intentions to offend in any of these, just going with my perception of forum personas, which is hardly a barometer of a whole person.

19Loveless91 - Always has seemed like a cool guy to me, hasn't been on too much lately it seems but is definitely a good part of the community.
40footwolf - I never knew him but I like his chart.
AgainstMeAgainstYou - Really don't know him well enough to make any sort of statement.
Albummaster - Endless amounts of appreciation, I think everyone should be able to agree on that.
alelsupreme - Variably horribly unfunny and annoying to alright. Don't really think of him much to be honest. Also has the worst username on the site.
AlexZangari - Seemed nice enough when he was here, I can't disassociate him from his dick pic though.
An_Outlaw - Entertaining, at the very least
Andy Hunter - No clue
Antonio-Pedro - I still haven't come up with a solid feeling on Antonio, I'll come back to this one in a year.
Applerill - I've seen his posts but I can't say I really know him well enough to have a solid opinion.
bacaie16 - Same as AgainstMeAgainstYou and Andy Hunter
behrus58 - All I remember is his arbitrary, pointless tournaments.
benpaco - Probably a bit too nice. I like him though.
Bongritsu - Love Bong, wish he was around more these days. Main person I talk to about anime on BEA, and even though I think he thinks I have bad taste in music, I think he's great.
bork - Mostly just a legendary figure to me, but he seems cool
BorveBaunehoj - More funny than Itsit, and has good taste, but sometimes I get weary reading his posts.
BrandonMeow - I like Brandon but I don't understand Brandon.
Butterthumbz - Chill dude, another one of those users I wish would post more.
Captain_Dude - I've seen his posts but I typically glaze over them.
cartoken - He really like The Seer and The Strokes, that's all I can remember
CDQ - Nothing coming to me
CellarDoor - His overall and shoegaze charts and two of my favorite on the site and he's always seemed really cool.
CoveCove - I feel like I've seen his posts plenty but I have no impression.
CubaZed - From what I've seen so far he seems like a cool guy.
Cymro2011 - Is there anything not to like about Cymro?
Defago - Actually may be my favorite user, not sure.
Dingerbell - I like his shoegaze chart.
DividesByZero - He wouldn't be here if it wasn't for me. I gave this community Gabe. That may actually be my greatest contribution to the site, thinking about it.
Dlfulfo01 - I don't like pronouncing his name.
Drakonium - Drakonium is cool and drunk a lot
Error Finn - Again, I've seen his posts plenty of times but I don't really have an opinion.
Facetious - Doesn't seem like he's around that much anymore, never really connected with him.
FatherTime - Amusing figure in BEA's past.
Fergenaprido - I've got nothing
ffudnebbuh - See Dlfulfo
Freddie55 - This is a pretty easy name to pronounce.
GARY - I was never around for GARY's reign of terror but some of those old threads are hilarious.
GeevyDallas - Fucking chill guy, I have no problems with Geevy. He's still DLGGLD to me though.
Goodsir - Can't really say I'm crazy about most of his posts, but he seems like a decent enough person.
Gowienczeyk - Really like him, knowledge bank and generally good person to talk to.
Gussteivi - Got nothing
Hairymarx - Literally Scaruffi.
Happymeal - Can't stand him at all, from his presumptuous attitude to his annoying inflections he adds into posts to his supercilious beliefs on his taste.
harkan - Absolutely no problems with Harkan, keep on doing what you're doing.
Hayden - Same as Harkan.
HigherThanTheSun - I've never really had much interaction with HTTS in my time here, but he seems chill.
HoldenM - I vaguely remember him but he's mostly away now I think.
IamGod - Wasn't this a duplicate account of someone?
ihh2013 - Who are these people?
IrishMusichead - Nice guy, watches anime so that's good.
Jackwc - I've gone through various phases with my opinions on Jack, but he's got good taste and is good at writing, and despite his general trollishness, we'll always have a common love of Persona.
Jasonconfused - Nothing against his taste, but as a poster it seems like his only purpose on the site is to remind people that he doesn't like generally loved albums and is a special snowflake for that.
Jhereko - Awesome guy.
jhuik - Barely know them.
Jman - Can't say I really miss him, seems like the forums have only gotten better in his absence.
JoannaJewsom - Ghost of BEA's past.
joshtrainia - 4chan as fuck, using green text anywhere but 4chan should be banned.
JOSweetheart - I can't say I understand the purpose of being on a forum when everything is completely one way.
JoyOfDivision - Only issue with JoD isn't he posts infrequently. Pretty much the model user.
Junodog - Can't help but get a grizzled old veteran vibe from him. Cool guy.
kidamnesiac - How fucking bored does someone have to to make that many accounts?
Kool Keith Sweat - He's kind of a dick, but still manages to be likable. Fantastic taste and decent sense of humor, except for when he posts shitty meme stuff. One of the pillars of the community.
Lancashirearab - Only kind of know him.
LAPlunderphonixx - I'm amazed he's still here.
Le Samurai - Great, great chart.
LethalNezzle - One of the most knowledgeable, likable users on the site. If I had to choose one user to represent BEA it would be Lethal for sure.
Lightmyway - Pleasant enough of a person
listmeister - Never really liked him.
Magenta - Never connected with her to miss her presence on the forum.
MeccaLecca - Up there in the Lethalnezzle category. Indispensable part of the community.
Mercury - Super sunshiney sort of person. Could singlehandly keep optimism alive on BEA.
Mooseboy - Ghost of BEA's past.
Mother Nature's Son - Really liked The Beatles
Mr. Shankly - Don't really know him too much, but good username.
MrFrogger - Obviously I like him, good person to go to concerts with. Don't really see why people compare us as much as they do though, I mean, we have similar taste and are both from the Bay but we behave completely differently.
Necharsian - Endlessly great, funniest user on the site, amazing taste. Probably deserving of his self-appointed title.
NickVolos - The sage in the corner.
NormanBates - It's either him or Lethal I admire most on the site as far as how well-listened and great they are. Also, really subtly funny and overall likable presence on the forums. Please don't ever leave.
NoWaxJim - Don't know him all that well but he seems decent enough.
Nutso42 - Doesn't seem like he's been around lately. I miss him.
Paladisiac - Another one of those users who I've read countless of their posts but don't really feel like I know all that well.
Patman - Super chill person, I can't imagine anyone having a problem with him.
Pearljammer13 - I always liked Pearljammer, far more than I like Pearl Jam.
PolythenePam - Didn't ever really know them, but I'm hesitant to say they're another ghost of BEA's past.
Precedent - Thousands of comments with nothing said. But, as a forum presence I have nothing against him, he's cool enough.
ptaylor - I'm hoping he comes back sometime soon, always really liked him.
PunctureRepair - Puncture is cool.
revolver94 - Lots of drugs, really nice, really likes Julia Holter. Reminds me of someone I know in real life.
RFNAPLES - Entertaining ghost
Robert Anton Wilson - Seemed decent enough in the time I was on the forums at the same time as him.
RockyRaccoon - Another one of those ultra-nice users.
Romanelli - Will never not be disconnected from the userbase.
samistake2ice - Don't really know him all that well.
SamuelPear - Seems cool.
Saoirse - Great, great user. Probably the kindest of the BEAlluminati.
satiemaniac - I haven't formed a super solid opinion on him yet, but he's got cool taste and dislikes Fantano, so I'm down with that.
Sethmadsen - He really likes U2 and I didn't really agree with his method of listening to whole band's discographies.
ShaneSpear - Cool guy, good mod.
SilverWalrus - I'm okay
SingingPeasant96 - Mr. Twee, good guy.
sp4acetiger - Fantastic user, just fantastic.
SquishypuffDave - The cryptic stuff gets a bit too much at times, and when him and Jack don't like someone they tend to throw a unrelenting torrent of vitriol, but aside from that I really like him and he's got one of my favorite charts. Plus he's great at writing. Also the cryptic stuff can be fun at times.
SuedeSwede - Of the Camsh, SuedeSwede, Goodsir, Antonio group he's my favorite.
SwedenMan - I fucking love Swedenman.
Taric - Cool post-rock chart.
tekin - I miss him, still not totally convinced the new him is actually him.
TheGollux - Good chart, that's all I really know him for.
thejoj - I have literally no opinions on Joj.
ThePoe - Snobbish, can't say I really miss him too much. Seemed like a typical example of a RYM avant-teen. I can understand why he was frustrated here, but I think a lot of it is on him and his initial attitude he took towards BEA. Now he's just a ghost of our past.
They Call Me Stacey - No real opinions.
Tonality - One of my favorite new users, good taste, seems cool, and watched anime.
Torchlin - Amazing chart.
TracyJacks - Don't really know them.
TrekkiELO - Awful.
Triple Seis - Don't know them.
Unwound - Cool chart.
useless - Very vague recollections of them being annoying.
weedygonsalez - Lethal has a love affair with his chart or something. I remember it being really good but it's been a while since I looked.
Xavygravy - He exists.
Yourself - Not nearly as fun as Bong, and he dislikes a lot of stuff that I like, but I have nothing against him.
Defago
Your Most Favorite User

Peru

• Posted: 03/19/2014 03:37
  • Post subject: you all suck dick
Here goes. I love you all.

19Loveless91 - Top notch. One of the best. We're definitely hanging out this fall, dude.
Albummaster - Extremely thankful to him for this whole site. Would really like to see him more on the forums.
alelsupreme - Piss poor replacement for itsit. Whatever happened to that guy? Now HE was funny.
AlexZangari - DIdn't he have milk as his avatar or sth?
An_Outlaw - I've given up. I try not to take his posts too seriously. Also tries too hard to be random lol xd
Antonio-Pedro - Thanks to my bias against South Americans on the internet, I actively hated him when he first joined. I've warmed up to him since then, but the silly nonsensical randomness can get to me sometimes.
Applerill - Contender for nicest dude in the site.
behrus58 - I feel I should remember you but I don't, sorry.
benpaco - The difference is #JherekoSucksDicks and I don't.
Bongritsu - Cool cat. Can be kind of confrontational every once in a while though.
BorveBaunehoj - Fucking funny. You should post more.
BrandonMeow - Nice kid, great tastes. The randomness could be toned down a bit though.
CellarDoor - Decent charts, never got to talk to him before he left.
Defago - Best Ever User 2014
DividesByZero - Thinks he's got the highest ranked chart in the site. Ha! <3
Drakonium - He once made fun of my pokemon team. I never forgave him. Nice dude though. Will definitely knock on your door in a few months.
Facetious - Pakistani prince with good recs. Still need to listen to Bardo Pond.
FatherTime - Our Lord and Savior.
GeevyDallas - Awesome guy, should post way more.
Gowienczeyk - Apparently really likes emo.
Happymeal - Gets way more hate than he deserves. His eventual randomxdlol posts are annoying though.
harkan - He's bearded and makes lots of music. I've never talked to him, sadly.
Hayden - He's not bearded and makes music. I've never talked to him, sadly.
HigherThanTheSun - Really neat dude. One of the sanest around.
Jackwc - Jack's a saint, and anyone who disagrees just doesn't understand his sensitive, fragile soul.
Jasonconfused - Haven't seen him around in a while, whatever happened to him? He's alright.
#JherekoSucksDicks - One of my favorite users, definitely. He enjoys dicks.
Jman - When's the circus gonna come back into town?
JOSweetheart - Walking propaganda machine.
Kool Keith Sweat - Awesome tastes, hilarious presence on the forum. Probably the guy I've leeched the most recs off of.
LAPlunderphonixx - Poe's milder mini-me
LethalNezzle - Blackest white guy. Great user all around.
MeccaLecca - best new user, great recs, great label, great personality
MrFrogger - I loved you even when you were a BAG and you know it. <3
Necharsian - Best mod, great user, sucks at pokemon.
NormanBates - Amazing source of recs, and pretty chill dude too.
Patman - I posted this last year, and here it goes again. I've not once disagreed with anything he's said.
PolythenePam - :'(
ptaylor - We're waiting for your glorious return.
PunctureRepair - BLOOOOOD IN THE SNOOOOOOW
RFNAPLES - Sexy beast.
Saoirse - Has a dick. It is known, khaleesi. He's still our mother though. One of my favs.
ShaneSpear - Should show up more, he's a nice guy.
SilverWalrus - I've got a new cover for you if you're still doubting. <3
sp4acetiger - Funniest new user, with a really solid contribution to the music side of things as well.
SquishypuffDave - Completely insane. Great user. We demand more Adventures in BEAville.
SuedeSwede - I can't help but think of SwedenMan everytime, but he's cool.
SwedenMan - Likes small mammals. I don't know much more about him, besides that the younger users adore him. I should get to know him more.
tekin - Really happy to see him back. Great charts.
thejoj - I can't really tell who he is and who he isn't anymore.
ThePoe - Ah, to fall from such a height. Except no, lol.
Yourself - Probably the first guy I "liked" in this forum. Great recs, always.

Missing some, will get to those later. Gotta sleep.
  • Visit poster's website
benpaco
Who's gonna watch you die?

United States

• Posted: 03/19/2014 03:51
MrFrogger wrote:
Haha, what?

Yup, Violist on here, she thinks you're one of the hottest guys she's ever seen, actually ...

. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

Things I Make
  • Visit poster's website
MrFrogger
Where am I

United States

• Posted: 03/19/2014 04:00
benpaco wrote:
Yup, Violist on here, she thinks you're one of the hottest guys she's ever seen, actually ...

Haha, you should send me her facebook so I can friend her
  • Visit poster's website
Saoirse

• Posted: 03/19/2014 06:16
  • Post subject:
Allright decided not to make this too elaborate or in-jokey, just a pretty plain-faced set of comments as I wanted to include everybody I knew and not spend tooooo much time on it. Anyways here goes

19Loveless91 - Always one of the best, cordial and nice but not to a fault, he has a geniune passion for this site and a wry, un-pretentious, whip-smart intelligence that always makes him a welcome sight whenever browsing the forums, a true unsung hero of BEA. Just don't let him know about your fifteen-year-old daughter with a facebook #STALKING KING.

40footwolf- left before I got active, but definitely quite a badass personality judging by back posts

AgainstMeAgainstYou- err... it seemed like he had an inability to argue congenially with someone who's opinion didn't exactly mirror his own, and his petulant refusal to back up his statements with anything remotely logical just got tiresome quickly. That being said, he seems like an enthusastic, passionate guy, just too easily irritable and a bit too callow at times.

Albummaster- I think we sometimes take for granted how much time and effort making BEA run smoothly really is, and since it's a project thriving on passion rather than monetary gain, he really deserves the respect and credit making a wonderful site like this work as well as it does. It's not always easy (and perhaps here in the forums we don't always return the favor) but BEA is a great creation and continues to prove all that extra time spent helping to make it work is always worth whatever little bump in the road may be inevitable. Forever a tip of the cap.

alelsupreme- Bea's most perceptive, witty, huggable troll. And the only one who can challenge the mantle for Grandest Kitty Pryde Fanatic. Great sense of humor and a precocious judge of human character, this kid is going places, and will likely be King of the Internet someday, cause he ain't a coward (here's the obligatory #lolcumbria)

AlexZangari- Dancing avatar, quirky style, otherwise haven't come across him much

An_Outlaw- Forever a truly unique prescence even on the great wide scope of the world wide web. There just seems to be a level of pure passion for being and finding out all the strange mysteries of the universe that is unparalled among anybody Ive met, either in the real world or on the internet, and BEA will forever remain a fascinating, unpredictable place whenever he's around. That being said, there are times when he does seem a bit locked in his own little world, and the slightly distant strain of constantly judging other members and questioning their honesty got rather tiresome quickly, whether it was in humor or all-seriousness. Still, when he does find a level-headed view of BEA and engages the rest of site in all-earnesty, he is one of the best.

Andy Hunter- Um, irish, otherwise have come across but haven't really got to know.

Antonio-Pedro- Wow. Few seem to be bursting with this much unbridled energy, and no doubt the many stories of just pure living-while-you're-young have been entertaining and often wild & silly (in a good way) too. Maybe sometimes we get to know a bit... too much... but still a positive jolt-in-the-arm for the forums

Applerill- I think he can be very misunderstood here on BEA, oftentimes the album's he's promoting and the way he sometimes expresses his more negative opinions can come across as straight trolling, but really he just has an over-analytical mind that may sometimes outshine the geniune passion for all the weird things the art world has to offer. Great guy to have a conversation with IRL.

behrus58- He seems to have the passion, just doesn't come across very well. The Reflekter is AOTY before it's even released thread and all those useless tourneys is all I have to go on, so naturally opinion isn't very high, but behind it all is Im sure a passionate music fan from a different corner of the world who just has a bit of trouble channeling that into fruitful communication.

benpaco- have seen him a lot, but again really don't have a whole to go on beyond the many posts in the sentimental/support thread and he's from california and looks a lot like Chris Martin. But definitely seems like a nice kid with perhaps a few too many romantic hang-ups, definitely one I would like to take out for a pint and show that life isn't worth obsessing over those what-could've-beens

Bongritsu- Just hits the nail perfectly on the head. Often hilarious, sharply opinionated, fascinating taste. One of BEA's more mercurial yet un-imposing personalities

bork- Swagger before it was swag. Mixed a hard-iron personality with some of the most well thought-out and cutting posts on BEA, proud of his taste as often un-cool as it may have been judged, always greats when he makes the momentary return.

BorveBaunehoj- lol I bet his life got bitter after being rejected as the Naked Man #3 from a Von Trier film lol he is one of bea's most quirky, unpredictable, agressively witty personalities lol always a party like a white-house party lol whenever he's around lol

BrandonMeow- BEA's young fairy godess definitely deserves credit for bringing a bouyant sense of whimsy and all-around good vibes to the forums, a joyous childlike view of everything around him untainted by the hardened bitterness of being an adult, definitely always a shining prescence of the forums. Maybe a bit omni-present these days, occassionally hogging the conversation a bit too much, and the constant XD and repetitive jokes are starting to become a major forum pet peeve, but I guess those are in the end minor quibbles outweighed by the joyful positives

Butterthumbz- quickly became one of my favorites, there just seems to be a love of finding all the types of new, mind-blowing weirdness that music has to offer, great sense of humor and one of the best users to have a conversation with.

Captain_Dude- Stiff upper lip, don't know much beyond the What Album are you Listening thread

cartoken- Confused will always be signature Cartoken. Organized, ultra-mathematically-minded way of viewing things can be a bit maddening (there always seems to be a problem if Is This It or The Seer isn't topping your charts), but he's really an affable prescence once you get to know him

CDQ- err, again only come across him/her briefly but there seemed to be a big problem dealing with different opinons about favorite (and not favorite) albums

CellarDoor- BEA's long-standing king of class and melancholic wonder. Rarely on these days, but his influence is forever palpable (see Kozelek), and his constantly ressurected chart always provides a constant sense of frustration, fascination and just pure slanted beauty.

Cymro2011- great kid, defender of guitars and the welsh language, plenty of recs to give out but not forcefully so

Defago- He needs to get his head out the stars, all this excessive astral projection is screwing with his brain and making him like Robert Wyatt and Tago Mago. Cmon nobody can like that. I keed, I keed, really a wonderful guy with a great sense of humor and easy to get along with, always friendly but not afraid to say exactly what's on his mind and say it cogently. I validate your cock too, don't worry be happy

Dingerbell- only come across him briefly but seems nice enough, if a modest forum presence

DividesByZero- fascinating taste, seems to be a true wonder towards discovering all the different mysteries of the universe and the art world, brings a lot to the site in ways both colorful and subtle.

Dlfulfo01- energetic presence, maybe not the most, um, interesting charts, but certainly among the most passionate

Drakonium- one who just seems to love being here and getting everybody excited about being here too, BEA's true extrovert. Motley style, one of the most charming around, very much the spirit of the forums.

Error Finn- Again, a truly unique prescence on here, the stylishly broken english and quite unsual trajectories of all the different trains-of-thought are extremely entertaining, to say the least

Facetious- always will be Eggman to me. I missed his early days, when apparently the forums were his personal twitter account and his chart would change on the dime (and would apparently make sure we knew all about it every time it did), but now has relaxed and posts at a relatively modest clip and actually can engage in a conversation modestly. I wish there were less attempts at Purple-level sarcasm and I-give-no-fucks attitude, they all fall flat with a deafening thud, but when he posts straight-no-chaser it's smart and interesting.

FatherTime - deep in the BEA lore, a famous megalomaniac given perhaps horrible treatment, would've been interesting if he stuck around here but perhaps not a good thing in the long run

ffudnebbuh- grizzled vet, he had a poignant things-have-changed somberness to him, but although his tastes definitely reflected his musical past he was actually very nice to talk to and wasn't above listening to new, unheard-of albums. Came across him only briefly but one of the more memorable personalities on BEA

Freddie55- again before my time mostly but intriguing charts and seemed like a cool-enough dude

GARY- BEA's most infamous troll and outrageously meta personalities, just going through his old posts are seizure-inducing and his rants about the illuminati are brain-cell-destroying, but it's never boring. There seems to be a loss of perspective here not dealing with him during his BEA lifetime.

GeevyDallas- awww man foolz be straight up clowning, jamez Blake and drake cmon how canz this be so, talks to o mjuch about his strange encounters and all the bitshez, STOP OR MY MOM WILL SHOOT, but the best hope your crushed heart can survive post Kman era, haha reminds me of Cool Runnings, also cat valentine <33

Goodsir- the first times he made himself known on the forums he came across as a bit naive and snobbish, but has re-established himself as a nice prescence here looking to find out as much about, well, anything as possible. Perhaps too much contributions to the excessive forum circle-jerking that's currently going on, but that's not too bad in the long run

Gowienczeyk- Don't worry, if we disagree with you it's not an affront on you personally. Intelligent guy, just maybe a bit too self-conscious at times.

Gussteivi- bit of a debbie downer, but engaging and distinctive prescence when he was more active. There definitely seemed to be a strictly-older-music vibe from him, but when he stressed the positives over the negatives he was a good user to talk with.

Hairymarx- BEA's most famous Scaruffi clone, the ultimate holier-than-thou vintage hipster that you can practically see at a tye-dye party smoking a crusty old pipe which he removes momentarily to say "it's not thattttt great", he has good taste but just not someone you'd ever want to spend much time with. Although derailing every thread with Beatles Suck, Ray Davies is better was fairly entertaining up to a point.

Happymeal- At one point last year he was the most unbearable prescence on here, the stupid gross-out jokes, taking over every conversation by taking the exact opposite opinion of the person he was responding to, the 20-posts-a-day pace- then he just disappeared. He comes back now but at a thankfully more relaxed pace, although some of the lame jokes and arrogant self-regard still seeps through. Just a good reminder that when we're here constantly and posting everywhere, we can quickly become nauseating.

Harkan- BEA's forever calm center. Never one to lower himself to the petty bullshit that sometimes goes down around here, proof that consistency can be a greatly undervalued assett here. Great games runner, fascinating charts (especially the recent-year versions), forever an unsung hero here.

Hayden- Can practically see him with the ray-band sunglasses on a wendsday open-mic night, smiling even as he's blowing the sax. Again an enthusiastic young kid with a bright future and a passion for seeking out everything the music world has to offer, perhaps a bit self-consciously cool and on-top-of-it-all at times (in terms of taste), but the passion is always honest.

HigherThanTheSun- he unfortunately may have lost BEA's hardest user (or in some cases Most Fully Erect), but really I know him for being both one of the most charming and intelligent users here, very active in the politics forum back in the day and always one to come through with a well-thought out and pungently written argument, also have loved the great anglo-philic recs and references I've gleaned from him on BEA. Also dammm sexy sonnn.

IamGod- you're Happymeal, one headache is more than enough

IrishMusichead- seems like a nice enough guy with a colorful posting style, otherwise not too familiar despite seeing quite a bit of him/her on the forums.

Jackwc- BEA's perfect, intoxicating mixture of drunken naughty sorority girl, wiseguy prankster and ultra-vain hipster. Perhaps gets away with a bit too much on here, but you can get away with a lot when you look like Jackie Love

Jasonconfused- when he first came on I thought he was too beleagured, an earnest prescence being overbashed for his old-rock-heavy chart. Then perhaps spurred on by JMan's ubiqitious presence came a much less appealing bully-style of posting made rather unbearable by the omni-prescence. However after perhaps some setbacks he calmed down and has shown that nice meat-and-potatoes approach that we first saw, and definitely a friendly and congenial presence since the darker early-2013 days. But cmon son listen to some Darkthrone.

Jhereko- what a lazy bastard. And hates PJ. and barf what does he do to those sheep? all this would be unforgiveable if he wasn't the greatest guy on the whole internet, the true heart and soul of the BEA forums, and no matter whatever little spat that occasionaly happens I know we'll always be friends sticking it out until the end, that we can always shine under this umb-er-ELLA-ELLA-ELLA

Jman- The JMan era has been one long, strange trip, his level of megolamania is quite amazing when looked at from a distance. A catlyst for many of BEA's best and worst moments, no doubt the major flaw of not being able to check his temper and the need to constantly go back to an argument that pisses the hell out of him has caused plenty of needless unrest, but that being said the JMan era has never been boring. I think the biggest thing to learn is that along with the beauty of free speech is that you also have to back up what you say, and respect that other people have the same right too. Before his recent dissapereance he was showing some geniune signs of maturity and modesty, though that's been said before another major outburst in the past as well. If we can move past JMan being the center of attention on the forums, be it on his own accord or not, then BEA can truly move forward. And it looks like we are.

JoannaJewsom- Long ago user, but incomporable in terms of influence. His old political musings are a thing of beauty.

joshtrainia- Posted a lot when he started and created a lot of lame threads, then boiled down and became a realtively modest and agreeable user, then disappeared

JOSweetheart- I donno why she's here, other than to post about James Otto stalkings. I geniunely feel sympathy for here, based on what she's posted about her personal life, but she doesn't really seem to be here for the right reasons. I guess we all just need an outlet at some times, and if she keeps the James Otto crap in that one thread we can at least co-exist.

JoyOfDivision- utterly hypnotic and a calm source of reason, also shows the power of silence, letting all the great charts do the talking. The geniune passion and extensive knowledge of his favorite genres (from sad singer-songwriter to electronica to gay disco classics) is awe-inspiring.

Junodog- One of my favorites and always will be. Shows the power of always putting a well-thought out argument on the table and challenging us to do the same, showing respect to everybody but not letting their unfounded ranting go unchecked. Intelligent, clear and always politely so, the internet and the real world need more people like Junodog.

kidamnesiac- like the character in the videogame you thought you killed off a long time ago, he just comes back again. and again. and again. and then again in double. Will probably be here as long as BEA is around, and will forever be an obnoxious, type-in-all-undercase prick

Kool Keith Sweat- Perhaps BEA's most vociferous and mordantly hilarious personality, he's always going to make a lot of enemies but this vet has been vital to help push BEA out of it's comfort zone and keep it moving forward, despite the detours and the UU*****UU pranks. But please, share the covers at night, I getz cold

Lancashirearab- great guy with some wonderful charts and a nicely wry sense of humor, but vanished without a trace

LAPlunderphonixx- Definitely came in the shadow of the Poe, but probably will get a second chance now that the forebearer is gone

Le Samurai- an incredibly underrated presence, he rarely communicates openly with the rest of the forum but lets his many great album discoveries do all the talking. A great breadth of knoweledge and a vast listening log, just wish we got to know him more (and EMA <3)

LethalNezzle- Lethal rejoined BEA right along the time I got active, and he's been a favorite since as long as I can remember. One of the first charts I saw and even back in it's raw form it was a thing of beauty, breaking up the idea of what's cool and bringing so many different styles and attitudes into the mix, and while it's changed a lot over time it's soul will always reamin the same, and it's forever mah-velous And here on the forums he is undoubtedly one of the most fiery, passionate posters here, definitely not the one to be liked by everybody but that never seems to be a concern. He's a man with strong opinions, and while that may sometimes come at the expense of another user he's not the one to simpy talk shit. For whatever it may be (music or otherwise) he backs up everything he says with a clear and bluntly brilliant logic, you can agree with it or not but he always stays true to what he believes and what he percieves and is not going to change it just so it's easier to swallow. WIth the unbridled passion for all the different types of music out there, often kinds that are less exposed on BEA by others, as well as the sharply articulate posting style, he's just absoutely vital in helping BEA move forward and get out of it's comfort zone, even if it's not always easy. One of BEA's truly great anti-heroes and an unfailing source whenever you want the god's honest truth about something Raw-Dawg style.

Lightmyway- taste seems to mirror what I listened to back on 90's radio and wished I forgot, but user seems serene and nice enough

listmeister- um, yeah, interesting style, not that fun to actually experience

Magenta- Mancsoulsister, forever the queen of indie and twee and one of BEA's most indomitable and enthusiastic personalities. Had very strong opinions about what she liked and what she didn't, and that may have not always gone over well with those of contrasting opinions, but never any harm was intended and the joy of discovering music and sharing it with everybody was matched by few. Sadly missed, truly distinctive and home-spun prescence here.

MeccaLecca- quietly made himself one of the most popular BEA users, mixes a long line of recs with the engaging pub-talk style of posting, always has something interesting to say and a new album to reccomend.

Mercury- enthusiasm and heart all the way through. Sometimes the boundless enthusiasm can be a bit annoying and excessive, especially on a grumpier day, and there seems to be a tendacy to give overblown reactions to relatively minor personal complaints, but all in all a really positive and active prescence on the forums for the better.

Mooseboy- seemed like a class A grump, didn't really get to know him in his prime. His last days seemed to just be coming here to say how much BEA sucked and how RYM was so much better. If it breeded that attitude than he just proved the opposite.

Mother Nature's Son- Neutral oh mother nature's son. Ive dealt with him personally and he is one who will surely do your head in, but he's an extremely sunny guy who just has great trouble in communicating all his thoughts and opinions. Many posts often come across as the anti-thesis of coherent or logical, and this obsession with objectivity in musical tastes and who is the greatest as well as the whiny aggravation towards any opinions that aren't as glowing as his towards the Beatles or Pink Floyd or whoever can be nauseating and anybody who questions him seals themselves in for a trite, endless, thread-derailing argument on the forums. I don't know how many times we have to go through that the Beatles are not the objectively greatest ever and that are merits to people liking Velvet Underground and not gushing over Pink Floyd. Beneath it all he surely is less of a tool, but it's still really impossible to try and have a conversation with him here on BEA.

Mr. Shankly- veteran of BEA has dissapeared, but a good guy who just got a bit curmudgeonly and addle-brained near the end. Didn't seem to have any time for new music but had no problem dissing it in general. Still a good guy

MrFrogger- certainly enough has been said about his early days, when he was literally everywhere, 30-posts-a-day style, and came across as a bit of music snob and thread-hog, has calmed down considerably in the long time since and has become one of the more affable and active-listeners here, showing the virtue of perhaps takings things a bit slower than the initial breathless clip. Sometimes however, there does still seem to be a not-too-carefully veiled ambition, as often it appears like there's an unspoken need to be "The Most ____ User", and the only advice to give is just to relax and be yourself, and BEA will always be a lot more fun that way

Necharsian- where the rank title user Best Ever User is no exhaggeration. Really just one of the most fun, unpretentious, geniunely witty users here, always a live-and-let-live serenity and a relaxed approach to discovering music. Always one to have fun but can be level-headed and serious when he needs to be, just forever one of the bestest, when he came into my life I missed him so bad, so bad

NickVolos- Greek, the 60's... that's all I got

NormanBates- the great connesouir of BEA, he's forever the center of good taste and calm reason, have gotten more invaluable recs from than one can count and always can have a great converastion with him no matter what mood, and also has that charmingly dark undercurrent (that username!) and sense of humor

NoWaxJim- Mancsoulsister's kindred spirit, lots of great recs, don't know much more but certainly brought a lot here in his relatively brief time

Nutso42- quirky and lots of enthusiasm, may come across as a bit much on perhaps a grumpier day, but his passion is geniune and when delivered in small doses is often a welcome respite from BEA's occasionaly more cynical moments.

Paladisiac- Quiet but still quite active prescence, made some noise in the politics forum back in the Naples days, mostly just in the What Album are You Listening to thread currently

Patman- again just the epitome of chill and friendliness, never over-bearing in terms of promoting his favorites or musical taste, just one who just likes to stop and enjoy the music and always a serene and enganging presence on the forums, one who definitely seems to enjoy everything the various BEAers are doing in and outside of BEA

Pearljammer13- reminds me of the star quarterback of Dazed and Confused, it seems like he certainly was the top of the pops when he was younger but the kind to get along with everybody. Always a friendly and unpretentious bright spot on the forums, had some disagreements on various topics but he was always the one to approach things civilly and post from the heart, just always great to have a converastion with whether we agreed or not. Also one of the few who may love Kacey more than I do.

PolythenePam- re: L Lawliet

Precedent- His immortality will forever be etched with Liberal America's Bestality and "Accidental Racist", so perhaps ardokal/precedent has been doomed from the start. Recently, though, he has made a more palatable path for himself since the worst user crown and has shown to be a friendlier user with a less painfully-confused-logic.

ptaylor- one of the nicest and most charming persons alive, I don't think my apologies will ever be good enough, but Im glad Austin is treating you well

PunctureRepair- Nice, very talented guy with a bright future ahead, and always brings a no-bullshit and polite prescence to the forums that is unmatched.

revolver94- oh wow, when the strict constraints come off it's just fascinating to see where one will wind up and go. Admittedly I sometimes miss the earnest kid trying-to-figure-it-all-out I first got to know, before the evils of drugs and college tainted his fragile little mind, but then again he's given us some epic moments (perhaps along with a few too many facebook-style updates of the new pills he's gotten today) and his unpretentious, ever-evoling charts and musical taste is still wonderfully charming. Great guy, look to him like a lil' bro on BEA. But drugs are bad, m'kay

RFNAPLES- robo-naples, the famous right-wing drone with the objectively greatest ever albums chart, who seemed to get his "kinks" from being an antagonist to pretty much every one who didn't jack off over the RNC, was a painful presence to watch here on BEA pretty much for as long as Ive been here, though he had his moments and could be entertaining to watch in an little BEA-brawl when you weren't one of those involved. Still, his exodus has been for the better, and now we can actually have a conversation about current events without having to wade through a bajillion O-bummer political cartoons.

Robert Anton Wilson- donno if he's 80 or younger than I, he's one of the most entertaining, stylized and hilarious prescences on BEA, no doubt carefully constructed but quite extraordinary nonetheless

RockyRaccoon- seems like a cool, down-to-earth guy and an old-soul way of viewing things

Romanelli- has maybe come across as a bit too irritable in some of the recent posts, but otherwise is the key motor that helps keep BEA moving, can be understated how much he helps the site. Also brings a lot of attention to often under-appreciated musical styles, as that's always a plus.

samistake2ice- new guy, still haven't come across him that much, fellow texan

SamuelPear- can't quite explain it, but I like him, quirky but modestly so

Saoirse- Re: The Crying Game

satiemaniac- only been here a week but already made quite the mark on BEA, definitely showing himself to be an intelligent user with expansive tastes, we'll see where all this activity ultimately ends up

ShaneSpear- great tounge-in-cheek humor to go along with being one of the best authoritarians in town, sleek and funny, just be aware if a stranger starts playing you "The Power of Love"

SilverWalrus- maybe didn't have as much to distinguish himself beyond The Antlers back in the Bay Area circle jerk days, but has carved a nice little persona of dreamy-angst since then. Flashy posting style, maybe a bit too self-aware at times but a good guy through and through

SingingPeasant96- seen 'em a lot, nothing has stuck so far

sp4cetiger- wonderfully perceptive, analytical mind, brilliantly seems to dissect our psyches and show more about ourselves than we even knew possible. Admittedly I miss the beautifully blunt Space Tiger avatar.

SquishypuffDave- BEA's creative impulse, the source of many of BEA's most ingenious moments, truly self-less and with one of the most fascinating (if demanding and unnerving) musical tastes out there. He's going places, and we're all lucky enough to say we knew this wonderful bastard. Hopefully his aim gets better, though. and he makes me FEEEL FANTASTICCCCC.

SuedeSwede- broken record here, but he has become quite a fixture on the forums but still haven't really been able to distinguish him as of yet, though Im sure that only takes time.

SwedenMan- didn't really notice him early on, first impressions were mainly through the thankfully-dead-and-buried Popular Songs thread, but since then has come across as one of the more honest and unpretentious users here, one comfortable with who they are and no hidden agenda behind whatever they do or say on BEA. Always a welcome sight.

Taric- will never know what made this guy tick, but forever a fascinating enigma. Great taste and, um, creative ideas for custom charts

tekin- glad to see he's returned. ALways a goldmine for recs, esp for current-year charts, and one of BEA's more meomorable, meta personalities despite also being one of it's most enigmatic members. Fascinating guy and always great ot have around.

TheGollux- massively influential in terms of taste, dark, challenging, unflappably cool chart with many geniunely great-if-abrasive albums

thejoj- oh the joj. The famous vulgarity, the extreme contrarian attitude towards music, the over-elaborate made-up stories, the parastic attitude to derailing every thread he touched- he was nothing but bad news for the forums but he could be quite entertaining in an endless train-wreck sort of way, and probably could've had a longer shelf life if he wasn't such a careless idiot in the end

ThePoe- oh Poe. He probably meant something different, but by the end it came across that because BEA didn't bow down to his abstract holiness, we didn't really matter anymore. The level of condescion became just sickening and toxic as things just weren't going to end well, regardless of the poor handling that led to his departure. Hopefully the experience instilled a bit of a humility and he found a place where he can share his music and not feel like he needs to draw a rigidly loyal cult in order for his contributions to feel like they matter.

They Call Me Stacey- obv a favorite, toughly feminine and proud of it, great chart (semi-related)

Tonality- perhaps someone more familiar from BEA past? otherwise too early to really tell about 'em, just remember those awful Album Listening Club posts

Torchlin- only known this user for a bit but has come across strongly, great chart and a hard-as-nails personality, always brings a level of clear-head-ness and direct honesty to his posts, one of the more underrated users here.

TracyJacks- always elegant and graceful, intelligent and charming user who always seems ready to engage in a conversation whole-heartedly, great 60's and psychedilca-centric chart

TrekkiELO- you can change the ending all you want, but your use of the N-word (with or without the 'a') was still unbelievably racist, as confused as your intentions may have been

useless- Kind of like vanilla ice cream, served with pure white bread on a foam paper plate, thrown up against a pale beige wall. Only thing not completely non-descript about him was all the butthurt complaining

weedygonsalez- chill presence with great taste has seemingly dissapeared, but always a calm welcome whenever he was here

Xavygravy- should've just called himself The Grudge. He seemed like a nice enough user when I joined, always with new ideas and suggestions for the site, then he acted a bit like a dick in various thread and got the ire of Necharsian, whom he proceeded to downrate all the albums from Nech's chart and continues to hold that silly grudge for as long as he remains on BEA, which is very infrequent these days.

Yourself- one of BEA's more cosmic personalities, he can at times seem like he's on a completely different wavelength (or galaxy) from BEA and that may come across as a bit stodgy and pretentious, but he's really just a young guy fascinated by all the weird things going on in all corners of being, and the passion ultimately shows. Also shows the importance of thinking before you post and doing a bit of research beforehand.

Last edited by Saoirse on 03/19/2014 14:01; edited 5 times in total