Your Rating Criteria

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
JMan

• Posted: 02/22/2013 03:48
  • Post subject:
I meant the popularity of the ALBUM. I can see how I messed up, there.

OK, so popularity of SONGS will only occur if the song is an icon, but the entire albums will have nothing to do with popularity, so that I don't accidentally get two of the same score, like I id with Hysteria and Appetite for Destruction.
Happymeal

• Posted: 02/22/2013 03:49
  • Post subject:
Well, not too sure about what happened in the last 16 pages, but I think I'd prefer to ignore it.

Currently, my theory is just give everything a 100, no matter what. Even if I despise the chart, I'll give it a 100 (currently at least). My logic goes like this, I feel glad when someone gives me a high rating because well it just shows that either people enjoy the same music or they enjoy my chart. When the rating goes up, it gets me fairly excited, so my thinking is why not give people the opportunity to feel the same way? of course, there are a few comments I've left in the past that I'd love to take back, but in the end, it's all good.
Kiki

• Posted: 02/22/2013 20:27
  • Post subject:
Rate all charts 100. I'd be too harsh otherwise.
junodog4
Future Grumpy Old Man

Canada

• Posted: 02/22/2013 21:12
  • Post subject:
This thread is worth it for the classic Jewsome/Naples debate.

I rate based on what I like.
JMan

• Posted: 03/08/2013 16:37
  • Post subject:
For a long time I've been guessing what EXACTLY my main chart was based on, and I thought it was a bounch of different stuff. Now I know EXACTLY what my chart is based on

How well each instrument is done, Production value, Flow of the album, and how the album makes me move inside.

My other Favorites chart is based solely on movement inside and out. This means The album makes me feel something inside, and rock out loud on the outside.

As for my RATING, I've seen the same albums on charts over and over again, and I personally like to see something different. I hardly ever rate a chart less than 3 stars because I respect their opinions, but I always like something different.
Puncture Repair

• Posted: 03/08/2013 16:58
  • Post subject:
JMan wrote:
For a long time I've been guessing what EXACTLY my main chart was based on, and I thought it was a bounch of different stuff. Now I know EXACTLY what my chart is based on

How well each instrument is done, Production value, Flow of the album, and how the album makes me move inside.

My other Favorites chart is based solely on movement inside and out. This means The album makes me feel something inside, and rock out loud on the outside.

As for my RATING, I've seen the same albums on charts over and over again, and I personally like to see something different. I hardly ever rate a chart less than 3 stars because I respect their opinions, but I always like something different.

You're over-thinking it. Just rate albums based on how much you enjoy them.

No one wants an overall user chart that has taken into account any other factors aside from that users pure enjoyment of the albums.

• Posted: 03/08/2013 17:09
  • Post subject:
Puncture Repair wrote:

No one wants an overall user chart that has taken into account any other factors aside from that users pure enjoyment of the albums.

This.
JMan

• Posted: 03/08/2013 17:12
  • Post subject:
Puncture Repair wrote:

I know. But the name of the website is "Best Ever Albums", not "Your Favorite Albums". So I made two.
Defago
Your Most Favorite User

Peru

• Posted: 03/08/2013 17:19
  • Post subject:
JMan wrote:
I know. But the name of the website is "Best Ever Albums", not "Your Favorite Albums". So I made two.

The point of the site is to compile the "best" albums by compiling every user's favorite albums. When certain people make charts which follow some sort of "objective greatness" scale they're just following the overall chart and being redundant.
  • Visit poster's website
Puncture Repair

• Posted: 03/08/2013 17:20
  • Post subject:
JMan wrote:

The Overall Chart is what should determine the "Best Ever Albums" using collections of what are the best albums personally to all the users. As soon as you start adding what you think you should be adding you're twisting the truth.

Edit: Defago got there before me.