We welcome any feedback on this web site

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
The_111th_Beatle

• Posted: 10/05/2007 18:42
  • Post subject:
When I went to the statistics page it listed Kid A as the top album of the 2000's but in the place above the 50's it listed North Country Boy by the Charlatans as the best album of the 00's and gave the years as 1 to 9. Just a small mistake I thought I'd let you know about.
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 10/07/2007 10:53
  • Post subject:
Thanks for spotting that one 111th - just fixed it.
  • Visit poster's website
The_111th_Beatle

• Posted: 11/05/2007 22:28
  • Post subject:
Im not sure if its my mistake or a fault of the site but it says that I gave an 8 rating to The Wall and Led Zeppelin, two albums I haven't rated (unless I done it unintentianally). Is there any way to retract my rating altogether (ie not just editing it)?
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 11/06/2007 18:17
  • Post subject:
Sorry, you're right 111th. There's no way to undo a rating (ever since we changed it to ten stars) Embarassed .... I'll clear those two for you and we'll add something in to the next version to allow future ability to clear a rating.

Thanks for taking the trouble to let us know.
  • Visit poster's website
The_111th_Beatle

• Posted: 11/08/2007 13:14
  • Post subject:
Youre welcome and no need to feel bad about it, it was probably my fault my mouse is hypersensitive so I probably accidently clicked on them.
The_111th_Beatle

• Posted: 11/18/2007 20:37
  • Post subject:
Just noticed the clarity of the albums pictures has really improved. Just like to say well done on that one.
Elston

Canada

• Posted: 04/18/2008 16:53
  • Post subject: Editing comments on albums
Hey there. Love the web site! I'm on it almost every day ranking albums that I get the chance to listen to.

Anyhow I have a question. It doesn't seem possible to edit a comment that you make about an album. I think this is very important to be able to do, because if you forget to put something in, or listen to the album again and see it in a different light, you may want to go back and edit your comment on it. Is it possible to change this feature?
  • Visit poster's website
Elston

Canada

• Posted: 04/19/2008 00:22
  • Post subject:
When I try to view someone's favourite albums or their ratings I can only see page 1. At the bottom of the page where you click to goto page two it looks like this: Total favourites: 27. Page 1 of 3« prev1&page=2">2&page=3">3&page=2">next » and I am not able to click on anything which takes me to the next page. I am using the most recent version of firefox. Thanks for any help you can grant.
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 04/19/2008 07:04
  • Post subject:
Hi Elston, thanks for the great feedback and glad you like the site. Thanks for spotting the problem with the favourites pagination, We've found the offending code and fixed it but we need to test it against the rest of the site before we can put the fix live. We're on a monthly release cycle and we've got another batch of changes on the way, so we'll release this bug-fix at the same time.

We started off (on this site) by only allowing one comment per album and found this was a bit limiting because it stopped people from communicating within the comments e.g. someone would leave a review, someone else would comment on that review but then the original poster could only come back with a response by editing their original comment. This got a bit messy and it was difficult to follow as the discussion wasn't threaded so we changed the comments system to allow multiple comments per user. When we did this, we removed the ability to edit a previous comment.

I think maybe we could add some functionality to allow a user to edit a previous comment but only if there are no further comments in the same thread? I don't think this change will make it in time for this month's release but we could definitely put it in for next month's.
  • Visit poster's website
Elston

Canada

• Posted: 04/20/2008 17:35
  • Post subject:
I think you only need to comment once on an album as the comments should reflect what people think and feel about the album, not other people's reviews. If you want to discuss it with someone you can take it to the forums or PM them. Will you be able to delete a comment as well as edit? Thank you for such a speedy reply Smile

I am also having trouble giving certain ratings to albums. For instance it's not possible for me to rate an album 97. It skips from 96-98. Might not seem like a big deal, but I've wanted to rate a number of albums 97, and I have to pick between 96 and 98 when I don't think it deserves either of those. It might just be my mouse I'm not sure, but any insight you could give would be well appreciated. (its not just 97, it skips a rating about every 6-7 notches).

Keep up the great work : D
  • Visit poster's website