• Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 12/24/2011 13:43
  • Post subject:
Eggman/Walrus/Taxman wrote:
Hayden wrote:
I tried to like Loveless, Is This It, Closer, Daydream Nation, and Exile On Main St. Smile

Now 2 of them are in my top 10, on is in my 50-100 range, and 2 of the others ones still suck Very Happy

Shocked Exile on Main St. sucks? That one is the best album out of the ones you mentioned!

I really don't understand the Rolling Stones in general. Yeah, they had a good guitarist, and fairly consistant drummer, some good ideas, etc..

But for the most part, it all sounds the same Brick wall They had some lucky hits, like Gimme Shelter & Sympathy For The Devil (both songs which influenced Metric, which is weird cause they're one of my favourite bands)

But Exile is just 2 discs of nothingness Neutral It's this guy who's not even hitting every third note, singing fairly bland lyrics over some sort of noises of grooves the band made.

Just average. 50/100 Confused
purple

• Posted: 12/24/2011 16:29
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:
Eggman/Walrus/Taxman wrote:
Hayden wrote:
I tried to like Loveless, Is This It, Closer, Daydream Nation, and Exile On Main St. Smile

Now 2 of them are in my top 10, on is in my 50-100 range, and 2 of the others ones still suck Very Happy

Shocked Exile on Main St. sucks? That one is the best album out of the ones you mentioned!

I really don't understand the Rolling Stones in general. Yeah, they had a good guitarist, and fairly consistant drummer, some good ideas, etc..

But for the most part, it all sounds the same Brick wall They had some lucky hits, like Gimme Shelter & Sympathy For The Devil (both songs which influenced Metric, which is weird cause they're one of my favourite bands)

But Exile is just 2 discs of nothingness Neutral It's this guy who's not even hitting every third note, singing fairly bland lyrics over some sort of noises of grooves the band made.

Just average. 50/100 Confused

just wait, put on Exile or Lust for Life the shameful, hungover morning after and you will have an epiphany
Jackwc
Queen Of The Forums

Canada

• Posted: 12/24/2011 17:27
  • Post subject:
I must one of maybe two people on this forum who really likes OK Computer...

I tried pretty hard to "get" pretty much the entire Animal Collective discography, but I think I just don't like them that much.

Trout Mask Replica is alright, but I think that, if anything, Frank Zappa was doing the TMR thing WAY BETTER than Beefheart and BEFORE Beefheart jumped on that bandwagon, so I don't see why TMR is such a fucking holy cow.

Music sucks. Check out my favourite movies, fam:
http://letterboxd.com/jackiegigantic/
  • Visit poster's website
Wombi

• Posted: 12/24/2011 17:37
  • Post subject:
Generally most things by The Smiths. I like a couple of songs and The Queen is Dead is okay but I mostly find them dull and irritating.
purple

• Posted: 12/24/2011 17:38
  • Post subject:
I hate Queen with a vengeance, more so than Bjork or Twin Infinitives
alelsupreme
Awful.

United Kingdom

• Posted: 12/24/2011 18:28
  • Post subject:
But, why?

Also if were doing this: I think that every band within the hair metal scene should of been banned from ever making music, that scene was a cancer on popular music and it's a good thing Metallica and Nirvana (the two bands I most credit with destroying it) operated when they did.
  • Visit poster's website
weedygonsalez

• Posted: 12/24/2011 19:40
  • Post subject:
itsit wrote:
But, why?

Also if were doing this: I think that every band within the hair metal scene should of been banned from ever making music, that scene was a cancer on popular music and it's a good thing Metallica and Nirvana (the two bands I most credit with destroying it) operated when they did.

Oh c'mon, you have to admit that the cheesiness is still immensely entertaining, even if the music itself possesses zero artistic merit.

Also, I'll second whoever said Funeral.
  • Visit poster's website
Kiki

• Posted: 12/24/2011 20:50
  • Post subject:
You know, maybe I have lost the ablitiy to dislike music. I can't really be bothered to find flaws anymore and I am currentely finding good thing after good thing.

What is the point of disliking the music? I can see some of the appeal on first listen for most albums right now Confused