Will anything in the future compare to the best ever?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
cartoken
The Seer

France
  • Posted: 05/18/2010 16:51
  • Post subject:
i'm so sick with all this posts about this fucking old rock complex !
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Freddie55

Canada
  • Posted: 05/18/2010 17:37
  • Post subject:
There's far more new and old music available today than there ever was in the past and it can all be sampled for free thanks to the internet. Radio has essentially killed itself through syndicated homogenization, idiot DJs and too much advertising. So what! Don't be discouraged by Billboard. It just gives you the flavour of the day .... and I mean day!! Be smart, listen to what you like and enjoy music. Go to concerts if you can afford to. It makes a huge difference in how you relate to and appreciate an artist's music. Let time determine which albums are the best. Twenty years from now teens will be listening to some of today's music and saying WOW Smile
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Fox John

United States
  • Posted: 05/18/2010 17:48
  • Post subject:
i think it would be foolish to assume that there won't be one or two albums from this decade that will be considered to be comparable with the best of all time. There are albums from every decade from the 1960s through the 2000s in the top twenty of the overall list, i don't see why that trend shouldn't continue
  • Visit poster's website
thomas697

Australia
  • Posted: 05/19/2010 00:24
  • Post subject:
Fox John wrote:
i think it would be foolish to assume that there won't be one or two albums from this decade that will be considered to be comparable with the best of all time. There are albums from every decade from the 1960s through the 2000s in the top twenty of the overall list, i don't see why that trend shouldn't continue

Pretty impossible to disagree, I think this decade though Arcade fire will be the new Radiohead
Kiki
  • Posted: 05/19/2010 13:42
  • Post subject:
thomas697 wrote:
Fox John wrote:

Pretty impossible to disagree, I think this decade though Arcade fire will be the new Radiohead

Arcade Fire had their turn. I'll see to it Razz
thomas697

Australia
  • Posted: 05/19/2010 13:43
  • Post subject:
an_outlaw wrote:
thomas697 wrote:
Fox John wrote:

Not a fan?
Kiki
  • Posted: 05/19/2010 13:49
  • Post subject:
thomas697 wrote:
an_outlaw wrote:
thomas697 wrote:
Fox John wrote:

Not a fan?

I am (of some songs anyway). But 2010 is my decade not Arcade Fire's Wink
thomas697

Australia
  • Posted: 05/19/2010 13:54
  • Post subject:
an_outlaw wrote:
thomas697 wrote:
an_outlaw wrote:
thomas697 wrote:
Fox John wrote:

Not a fan?

I am (of some songs anyway). But 2010 is my decade not Arcade Fire's Wink

Your decade? .. I really dont know how to take that .. Am i missing something blatantly obvious? Rolling Eyes
maxperenchio

• Posted: 05/20/2010 03:32
  • Post subject:
The industry is strangling music more than anything- labels are all going under, they have to take less risks, which means less interesting music. Once the labels get their heads out of their asses and the industry stabilizes, I think popular music will be better. Indie music has gotten lazy, and I think the majority of indie bands forgot how to write great songs, instead falling victim to temporary moments of flash. I had a lot of faith in indie bands in 2007, but it stagnated.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Send email
Wumbo
  • Posted: 05/20/2010 04:15
  • Post subject:
Invent some new instruments, and the first band to play them well will be the next superstar Wink

Every time someone says a medium of art is getting stale, I just sigh and think they're not looking hard enough. Maybe weird stuff just gravitates toward me, because I never have a problem finding innovative work.
  • Visit poster's website