25%  [12]
Total Votes : 47

RoundTheBend
I miss the comfort in being sad

United States

• Posted: 02/10/2012 04:49
  • Post subject:
alexandre wrote:
Rolling stones seems to me better than U2, because they represent much more the energy of Rock & Roll in my opinion.

I would agree with this, minus U2s first 3 albums, U2 is definitely more of an artsy band than a rockin band. If it is Rock you are looking for, Stones are where it's at, not U2. I think that is what makes Exile on Main St. such a good album- it rocks non-stop. I think the same would be the argument between the Beatles and the Stones. You want Rock- Stones. You want great albums- Beatles.

Amazing holistic artistic ALBUM experiences, I would go with U2. I really like the Stones, but they always do twangy, bluesy crap, which would be cool if it wasn't right next to a beautiful song like Gimme Shelter. Just makes the twangy bluesy crap out of place, bumping the album down a few notches for me.

When Yer Blues by the Beatles outdoes anything that the Stones repeatedly put on their albums... I don't know, I can't give them much credit for their Blues/Country.
  • Visit poster's website
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 02/10/2012 05:06
  • Post subject:
sethmadsen wrote:
alexandre wrote:
Rolling stones seems to me better than U2, because they represent much more the energy of Rock & Roll in my opinion.

I would agree with this, minus U2s first 3 albums, U2 is definitely more of an artsy band than a rockin band. If it is Rock you are looking for, Stones are where it's at, not U2. I think that is what makes Exile on Main St. such a good album- it rocks non-stop. I think the same would be the argument between the Beatles and the Stones. You want Rock- Stones. You want great albums- Beatles.

Amazing holistic artistic ALBUM experiences, I would go with U2. I really like the Stones, but they always do twangy, bluesy crap, which would be cool if it wasn't right next to a beautiful song like Gimme Shelter. Just makes the twangy bluesy crap out of place, bumping the album down a few notches for me.

When Yer Blues by the Beatles outdoes anything that the Stones repeatedly put on their albums... I don't know, I can't give them much credit for their Blues/Country.

Think

The Rolling Stones - 2000 Lightyears From Home

Link

Rolling Stones She's a rainbow

Link

And all I got was this silly hat

• Visit poster's website
RoundTheBend
I miss the comfort in being sad

United States

• Posted: 02/10/2012 05:18
  • Post subject:
GARY wrote:
sethmadsen wrote:
alexandre wrote:

Think

Link

Link

Their Satanic Majesties Request is the only album that doesn't have a song like Dear Doctor to ruin Beggars Banquet, that ALSO has artistic music on it, and isn't just rockers. If it is an album of all rockers, that is what it is. Stones have 3 types of albums in my opinion- 1)Albums that are all rockers (no country/blues or artistic like music, 2)Their Satanic Majesties Request 3) Albums that could be masterpieces if they didn't put BADLY put together blues/country. The Stones don't do traditional blues justice. When they do the blues "their" way, it is amazing.

Maybe you thought I was stating that that is all the Stones do? NOT AT ALL. Keep in mind I am a Stones fan, it is just when they do something like Dear Doctor that ruins a masterpiece, it pisses me off. It pisses me off that I can't put a single Stones album on my best of list (only on 60s list) because they made some poor judgement calls for track listings.
  • Visit poster's website
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 02/10/2012 06:15
  • Post subject:

• Visit poster's website
Polythene Pam

• Posted: 02/10/2012 06:31
  • Post subject:
So do these results mean that the Arcade Fire would beat U2 in a poll?

Also voted The Stones as they have 5 great albums and U2 has 1 average one and 2 more terrible ones (Of the 3 I have heard)
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 02/10/2012 07:26
  • Post subject:
Polythene Pam wrote:

My guess would be that Arcade Fire would crush U2 in a poll.

• Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 02/10/2012 12:38
  • Post subject:
GARY wrote:
Polythene Pam wrote:

Obviously. Whistle
alexandre

France

• Posted: 02/10/2012 15:41
  • Post subject:
Quote:
Their Satanic Majesties Request is the only album that doesn't have a song like Dear Doctor to ruin Beggars Banquet, that ALSO has artistic music on it, and isn't just rockers. If it is an album of all rockers, that is what it is. Stones have 3 types of albums in my opinion- 1)Albums that are all rockers (no country/blues or artistic like music, 2)Their Satanic Majesties Request 3) Albums that could be masterpieces if they didn't put BADLY put together blues/country. The Stones don't do traditional blues justice. When they do the blues "their" way, it is amazing. [/b]

Maybe you thought I was stating that that is all the Stones do? NOT AT ALL. Keep in mind I am a Stones fan, it is just when they do something like Dear Doctor that ruins a masterpiece, it pisses me off. It pisses me off that I can't put a single Stones album on my best of list (only on 60s list) because they made some poor judgement calls for track listings.

Something is true in what you said GARY...
But I think you were not thinking about the greatest albums of the Stones, I mean those like "Let it Bleed" (yes I know this one sounds country too, but still my favorite - and country music does not just shits like lots of persons seems to say) or "Sticky Fingers" and "Goats Head Soup" ( the "100 Years Ago" solo is just amazing)
The Stones did holly shits, I agree ; but their country songs like "Dear Doctor" are in the right moment in the album, to me Smile Stones tried some "experiences" and I think it was benefit for some of their albums (not all). Many times I thought "What a shit this song", and 3 months later "Whaouw, I didn't realy listen to it".

If I don't speak about U2, it's because I don't know them like the Stones (maybe I will change, but I'm not sure :p )[/quote]
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 02/10/2012 17:22
  • Post subject:
alexandre wrote:
Quote:
Their Satanic Majesties Request is the only album that doesn't have a song like Dear Doctor to ruin Beggars Banquet, that ALSO has artistic music on it, and isn't just rockers. If it is an album of all rockers, that is what it is. Stones have 3 types of albums in my opinion- 1)Albums that are all rockers (no country/blues or artistic like music, 2)Their Satanic Majesties Request 3) Albums that could be masterpieces if they didn't put BADLY put together blues/country. The Stones don't do traditional blues justice. When they do the blues "their" way, it is amazing. [/b]

Something is true in what you said GARY...
But I think you were not thinking about the greatest albums of the Stones, I mean those like "Let it Bleed" (yes I know this one sounds country too, but still my favorite - and country music does not just shits like lots of persons seems to say) or "Sticky Fingers" and "Goats Head Soup" ( the "100 Years Ago" solo is just amazing)
The Stones did holly shits, I agree ; but their country songs like "Dear Doctor" are in the right moment in the album, to me Smile Stones tried some "experiences" and I think it was benefit for some of their albums (not all). Many times I thought "What a shit this song", and 3 months later "Whaouw, I didn't realy listen to it".

If I don't speak about U2, it's because I don't know them like the Stones (maybe I will change, but I'm not sure :p )
[/quote]

sethmadsen said that not me Laughing

I POSTED THIS IN RESPONSE alexandre Very Happy

Link

Link

• Visit poster's website
Facetious

Pakistan

• Posted: 02/11/2012 09:43
  • Post subject:
GARY wrote:
Polythene Pam wrote:

(Which it should anyway.)

Anxious
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website