When music artists say/do terrible things.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
junodog4
Future Grumpy Old Man

Canada

• Posted: 09/14/2012 17:46
  • Post subject:
[quote="itsit"]
lethalnezzle wrote:
Lauryn Hill too.quote]

Lauryn Hill's racist?

I remember the fuss it created years ago - apparently she said on MTV "I would rather have my family starve than have white people buy my albums." There's no evidence of this, and both MTV and Hill have denied it. I think it's just a big rumour to discredit her (although she's had plenty of erratic behaviour).

She did give shit to the Vatican about molestation... [url] http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/148110...html[/url] Applause
alelsupreme
Awful.

United Kingdom

• Posted: 09/14/2012 17:51
  • Post subject:
junodog4 wrote:
I remember the fuss it created years ago - apparently she said on MTV "I would rather have my family starve than have white people buy my albums." There's no evidence of this, and both MTV and Hill have denied it. I think it's just a big rumour to discredit her (although she's had plenty of erratic behaviour).

She did give shit to the Vatican about molestation... [url] http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/148110...html[/url] Applause

Eh, probably not true.

The Chruch deserve to have shit said to them.
  • Visit poster's website
Norman Bates

France

• Posted: 09/14/2012 18:24
  • Post subject:
lethalnezzle wrote:

Also, as I've alluded to many times, Morrissey is a grade-A twat. But I still like the Smiths.

First name that came to my mind. And although I still do, and always will I suppose, love The Smiths, it does make some later Morrissey tracks ("Bengali In Platforms" Confused ) hard to listen to.
  • Visit poster's website
Kiki

• Posted: 09/14/2012 21:34
  • Post subject:
Some of the people highlighted have hardly done terrible things. Some seem to be just dislikeable people or ones not fun to be around.

Still planning on what to do, if anything. They are not getting any more of my time Evil or Very Mad
andy_hunter

Cape Verde

• Posted: 09/14/2012 22:15
  • Post subject:
The first name that came to mind was Morrissey and then the Gallagher brothers after that. But no, after each pompous, self-absorbed comment Morrissey makes or every crude, idiotic thing Liam says I still love The Smiths and Oasis just as much.

However, that said, some of the things John Lennon said and did have really put me off him. His solo stuff is the most sanctimonious, pretentious crap I've ever heard. Not to mention his hypocrisy - he's singing about love and peace when he used to beat his wife and left her with a kid he barely saw while he ran off with Yoko. He was such a twat and what makes it worse is no one mentions it. We all know Morrissey and Liam Gallagher are wankers but Lennon gets away scot free.
  • Visit poster's website
thejoj96

• Posted: 09/14/2012 22:18
  • Post subject:
andy_hunter wrote:
The first name that came to mind was Morrissey and then the Gallagher brothers after that. But no, after each pompous, self-absorbed comment Morrissey makes or every crude, idiotic thing Liam says I still love The Smiths and Oasis just as much.

However, that said, some of the things John Lennon said and did have really put me off him. His solo stuff is the most sanctimonious, pretentious crap I've ever heard. Not to mention his hypocrisy - he's singing about love and peace when he used to beat his wife and left her with a kid he barely saw while he ran off with Yoko. He was such a twat and what makes it worse is no one mentions it. We all know Morrissey and Liam Gallagher are wankers but Lennon gets away scot free.

I think him being dead is part of it.
Jasonconfused
If We Make It We Can All Sit Back and Laugh

United States

• Posted: 12/17/2012 01:14
  • Post subject:
How has Ted Nugent not been mentioned? Great guitar player but his statements are absurd. I'm not saying I hate him... but I want to take him and put him in a concentration camp..
  • Visit poster's website
tahranger

Australia

• Posted: 12/17/2012 08:56
  • Post subject:
It can be hard to take who you think are intelligent musicians seriously once they announce they've "found God".

Especially when they don't divulge his/her location to the rest of us...
  • Visit poster's website
sheep21

Australia

• Posted: 12/17/2012 23:42
  • Post subject:
Jasonconfused wrote:
How has Ted Nugent not been mentioned? Great guitar player but his statements are absurd. I'm not saying I hate him... but I want to take him and put him in a concentration camp..

Join the club. The guy is a huge right wing nutter!
  • Visit poster's website
Borve Baunehoj

• Posted: 12/17/2012 23:50
  • Post subject:
"When music artists do terrible things" is an appropriate description of my public music performances