Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Jasonconfused
If We Make It We Can All Sit Back and Laugh

United States

• Posted: 12/07/2012 05:57
  • Post subject:
swedenman wrote:
That's fair. I mean, I could understand not being crazy about them. I just don't understand how anybody could straight-up hate them. Their music may not always be the best, but they're fairly innocuous as far as bands go. Their music's fun and often kind of silly. I mean, what's really to hate about that?

Them being fun and silly is one of the best parts about the band! I also love the different styles the songs can take. They have usually recognized for their rock n roll and experimental studio sound but I love the signature Freddie Mercury kind of "classy" sound on songs like Seaside Rendevous and Lazy on a Sunday Afternoon.
  • Visit poster's website
Jackwc
Queen Of The Forums

Canada

• Posted: 12/07/2012 09:20
  • Post subject:
Queen is super camp and ridiculous and gay and it's why they're great.

They've never really put out a "good" album though, and Queen II is especially lacklustre.

Music sucks. Check out my favourite movies, fam:
http://letterboxd.com/jackiegigantic/
  • Visit poster's website
Mother Nature's Son

Denmark

• Posted: 12/07/2012 10:42
  • Post subject:
Jasonconfused wrote:
Sheer Heart Attack is amazing. I'd rank my top 3 Queen albums like this:
1. A Night at the Opera
2. Sheer Heart Attack
3. Queen 2

"Sheer Heart Attack" and "Queen II" are my least favourite Queen albums (mind you that I haven't listened to "Queen", "News of the World" and "Made in Heaven"). However they have started to grow on me after a long time and this album is probably my favourite of these two. What I don't like so much about this one is the massive amount of guitar which I often feel is all over the place. Like there's a guitar solo even in the small spaces where nobody's singing. I prefer a little more minimalistic style of playing.

But my 2nd favourite Queen album is "A Kind of Magic" so this post isn't much valid after all!
Mother Nature's Son

Denmark

• Posted: 12/07/2012 10:46
  • Post subject:
lethalnezzle wrote:
I don't like his stupid hair. I don't like his stupid clothes. I don't like his smug, stupid face. I don't like his entirely unnecessary, stupid guitar. I don't like the fact he was in Queen. I don't like the fact he likes the Queen and played that fucking stupid version of our shit national anthem atop Buckingham fucking Palace. I don't like Surrey, where he lives - it's boring and smug and middle class and entirely unnecessary, just like him. I don't like that bint from Eastenders he married. I don't like his anti-smoking stance. I don't like the fact he's a Tory. I don't like that he prefers badgers to humans. I don't like a single ounce of his being. He's a fucking douchecarrot.

What an formal argumentation. Rolling Eyes

• Posted: 12/07/2012 20:06
  • Post subject:
Mother Nature's Son wrote:
"Sheer Heart Attack" and "Queen II" are my least favourite Queen albums (mind you that I haven't listened to "Queen", "News of the World" and "Made in Heaven"). However they have started to grow on me after a long time and this album is probably my favourite of these two. What I don't like so much about this one is the massive amount of guitar which I often feel is all over the place. Like there's a guitar solo even in the small spaces where nobody's singing. I prefer a little more minimalistic style of playing.

But my 2nd favourite Queen album is "A Kind of Magic" so this post isn't much valid after all!

Bahaha, nothing wrong with that. One Vision, Pain Is So Close to Pleasure, and Princes of the Universe are great tunes Smile

• Posted: 12/07/2012 20:52
  • Post subject:
lethalnezzle wrote:
I don't like his stupid hair. I don't like his stupid clothes. I don't like his smug, stupid face. I don't like his entirely unnecessary, stupid guitar. I don't like the fact he was in Queen. I don't like the fact he likes the Queen and played that fucking stupid version of our shit national anthem atop Buckingham fucking Palace. I don't like Surrey, where he lives - it's boring and smug and middle class and entirely unnecessary, just like him. I don't like that bint from Eastenders he married. I don't like his anti-smoking stance. I don't like the fact he's a Tory. I don't like that he prefers badgers to humans. I don't like a single ounce of his being. He's a fucking douchecarrot.

I like his being an Astrophysicist. I like his likeness to Sir Isaac Newton, the historical figure I revere above all other supermans. And I like his guitar playing and his animal rights activism. Animals can feel pain and should be subjects of our ethical pondering, no matter if some pricks think we are douchebags.

• Posted: 12/07/2012 20:57
  • Post subject:
tekin wrote:
I like his being an Astrophysicist. I like his likeness to Sir Isaac Newton, the historical figure I revere above all other supermans. And I like his guitar playing and his animal rights activism. Animals can feel pain and should be subjects of our ethical pondering, no matter if some pricks think we are douchebags.

Good for you.
junodog4
Future Grumpy Old Man

Canada

• Posted: 12/08/2012 22:42
  • Post subject:
I never knew of Queen as a divisive band until I came on this site. I'd say they stir up the greatest variance in opinion (love, hate, indifference, mixed...) on BEA. Any other bands come close? Pink Floyd? Weezer?
alelsupreme
Awful.

United Kingdom

• Posted: 12/08/2012 22:48
  • Post subject:
Pink Floyd are pretty widely liked on here apart from a few people. Everyone pretty much agrees The blue Album and Pinkerton rule and everything else sucks.
  • Visit poster's website
Mother Nature's Son

Denmark

• Posted: 12/08/2012 23:11
  • Post subject:
swedenman wrote:
Bahaha, nothing wrong with that. One Vision, Pain Is So Close to Pleasure, and Princes of the Universe are great tunes Smile

Yes, very correct! Wink

...and the 6 other ones too imo! Embarassed