Mash-up Ideas

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: Surrender (Cheap Trick) + We're Not Gonna Take It (Twisted Sister)
Good idea
18%
 18%  [2]
Bad idea
81%
 81%  [9]
Total Votes : 11

JMan

• Posted: 02/20/2013 05:00
  • Post subject:
What the hell are you guys talking about? If it were that bad, I wouldn't have played it for you. Rock Sugar gained a lot of success with that song, and I can't even trust all your opinions on music anymore.

I think you all only think it's horrible because you all think your SUPPOSED to say it's horrible, so you can be "normal". But that song has potential and you all know it. You "don't like it" because it's different, and you think all of my tastes are bad.
Jasonconfused
If We Make It We Can All Sit Back and Laugh

United States

• Posted: 02/20/2013 05:03
  • Post subject:
JMan wrote:
What the hell are you guys talking about? If it were that bad, I wouldn't have played it for you. Rock Sugar gained a lot of success with that song, and I can't even trust all your opinions on music anymore.

I think you all only think it's horrible because you all think your SUPPOSED to say it's horrible, so you can be "normal". But that song has potential and you all know it. You "don't like it" because it's different, and you think all of my tastes are bad.

Oh shit... now you've stuck your foot in it. Shit storm coming your way.
MrFrogger
Where am I

United States

• Posted: 02/20/2013 05:05
  • Post subject:
JMan wrote:

No, actually it's just plain bad. Its just a Metallica song (which I dont even like in the first place) interspersed with some horrible Journey Vocals. It brings the song down so much, I made myself watch the whole video just so I could know what I was talking about, and I was wincing the whole way through.

And your calling US horrible? Says the person who cant even come up with 100 albums he thinks is decent, is accusing other people of not knowing good music and just hopping on a fucking bandwagon? I'm done.

Last edited by MrFrogger on 02/20/2013 05:06; edited 1 time in total
  • Visit poster's website
JMan

• Posted: 02/20/2013 05:05
  • Post subject:
Jasonconfused wrote:
Oh shit... now you've stuck your foot in it. Shit storm coming your way.

At least I'm willing to try to enjoy other people's suggestions. You guys just listen to my suggestions and give it a bad rating for the heck of it.

I guess I can understand where MrFrogger is coming from. I can easily see him not liking either band.
MrFrogger
Where am I

United States

• Posted: 02/20/2013 05:08
  • Post subject:
JMan wrote:
You guys just listen to my suggestions and give it a bad rating for the heck of it.

We give it a bad rating when it deserves a bad rating, which in this case it was fucking born with. Don't accuse people of shit they don't do.

Last edited by MrFrogger on 02/20/2013 05:13; edited 1 time in total
  • Visit poster's website
JMan

• Posted: 02/20/2013 05:11
  • Post subject:
MrFrogger wrote:
We give it a bad rating it it deserves a bad rating, which in this case it was born with. Don't accuse people of shit they don't do.

You all accused me of trolling multiple times.

I'm tired of people giving my interests bad ratings. You could AT LEAST be nice about it! Just because a song is out of your normal music box, that doesn't mean you HAVE to rant on it.
MrFrogger
Where am I

United States

• Posted: 02/20/2013 05:15
  • Post subject:
JMan wrote:
You all accused me of trolling multiple times.

I'm tired of people giving my interests bad ratings. You could AT LEAST be nice about it! Just because a song is out of your normal music box, that doesn't mean you HAVE to rant on it.

It's not just that the songs bad(which in this case it is) it's that you try to shove it down peoples throats(people who have WAY more musical experience than you), and when they say it's bad, you go on about how no one wants to listen to something out of their musical taste and how everyone's picking on you.
  • Visit poster's website
Silver

• Posted: 02/20/2013 05:18
  • Post subject:
You're asking people what they think of something and then getting upset when they don't like the mash-up of an overplayed as fuck Journey song and an alright Metallica song. And it's not that it's outside of of musical understanding, there are plenty of people here talking about other mashups that they like, and the idea isn't new or anything, it just happens that not many people hear like it. Putting those two songs together adds nothing to them and they're both just okay songs. And the whole people just disliking because they're supposed to be normal thing is absolute trite reasoning, especially on a site like this where intellectual discussion between people who have different opinions of music thrives. I mean, if you're going to use that to describe why we don't like it someone else could just as easily turn that on you and say you only like Led Zeppelin because they've been crammed down our throats so long that not liking them is unacceptable. You can't ask for opinions and get offended when the opinions don't match yours, otherwise it will feel like everyone against you.
JMan

• Posted: 02/20/2013 05:19
  • Post subject:
MrFrogger wrote:
It's not just that the songs bad(which in this case it is) it's that you try to shove it down peoples throats(people who have WAY more musical experience than you), and when they say it's bad, you go on about how no one wants to listen to something out of their musical taste and how everyone's picking on you.

MUSICAL EXPERIENCE? WHAT EXPERIENCE? IT'S LISTENING TO MUSIC! It's not a freaking school!

Music is this:

YOU LIKE IT OR YOU DON'T!

No experience required. Music is not an RPG. It's sounds. What experience? When they start opening up "listening-to-music" schools around the country, I'll believe you about experience. And I am not shoving anything down anything. I'm tired of people saying I know nothing.

But why do I even bother with all of you? You'll never listen, so why should I?
MrFrogger
Where am I

United States

• Posted: 02/20/2013 05:24
  • Post subject:
JMan wrote:

No experience required. Music is not an RPG. It's sounds. What experience? Whenthey start opening up "listening-to-music" schools around the country, I'll believe you about experience. AndcI am not shoving anything down anything. I'm tired of people saying I know nothing.

Wow this explains so much about your musical tastes....

Heres an example, when I first listened to the AC album "Here Comes the Indian" I dismissed it as a bunch of noise garbage, I listened to it a times after that, and I liked it a tiny bit more each time. 3 years, later, after being exposed to much more diverse music I gave It another listen and was blown away.

You do not have the same musical experience as some of the senior members here. You just dont. And if you want to fight about it, so be it.
  • Visit poster's website