top 5 most overrated artists/bands

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic

• Posted: 08/10/2013 03:26
  • Post subject:
sp4cetiger wrote:
If you don't understand what I'm saying, do me a favor and don't leap to antagonism.

Um, I didn't...?
Listmeister

United States

• Posted: 08/10/2013 04:51
  • Post subject:
I've been wanting to get this off my chest for awhile, so thank you.

Bob Dylan. Great songwriter, can't sing. Occasionally rises above this handicap, but not often enough to make listening to a whole album an enjoyable experience.

The Rolling Stones. When I force myself to listen to them, I just want to push Mick out of my face.

Kings of Leon. Boring songs.

Prince. His own fault. If you're going to call yourself a genius, each song should live up to that.

Radiohead. Yeah, I went there. I've heart three or four of their albums, and so far nothing gives me a clue why they are so huge on this site.

FWIW, the Beatles were overrated in their day; they were not one band among many, they were called gods while the rest of the music world was populated with ordinary mortals. Now, however, things have calmed down, and they are hyped exactly the right amount.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Kiki

• Posted: 08/10/2013 12:22
  • Post subject:
Every single artist in the top 100 ranked bands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Shocked Shocked Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing

That is 95 more than 5. Razz
Kool Keith Sweat

• Posted: 08/10/2013 12:33
  • Post subject:
The Beatles are the metaphorical vegetables of the music world; a kid is expected to consume them before they get to the dessert. Any musicians that follow this metaphor are overrated. Listen to music with an open mind. Try not to let someone else's pedestal define your own.

My personal vote for most overrated musician is Bob Dylan, particularly his lyrics. Gamblers actually have considered him a potential candidate for the Nobel prize in literature. I just... it's so absurd.
Secondsoul

Ireland

• Posted: 08/10/2013 12:39
  • Post subject:
All ridiculously over rated. These artist's music in general bores the hell out of me!
1. Bob Dylan
2. Van Morrison
3. Muse
4. Green Day
5. Eminem
  • Visit poster's website
AlexZangari

United States

• Posted: 08/10/2013 13:05
  • Post subject:
Question to people answering: by overrated do you mean (ASmile I like them a lot less than most people seem to, or (BSmile I don't think most people should like them as much.
Kiki

• Posted: 08/10/2013 13:11
  • Post subject:
AlexZangari wrote:
Question to people answering: by overrated do you mean (ASmile I like them a lot less than most people seem to, or (BSmile I don't think most people should like them as much.

I asked this once. It's like I thought there was an ounce of objectivity with the remark of 'overrated'. It just... feels more objective especially with the people who would favour the B option.

Hope you do better than I did. Laughing This could bring a better conversation to the thread.
Kool Keith Sweat

• Posted: 08/10/2013 13:20
  • Post subject:
I think of overrated as equivalent to excessive representation in music critics' charts. When it becomes excessive is a personal bias.
Puncture Repair

• Posted: 08/10/2013 13:26
  • Post subject:
Whenever I try to submit a new topic, I always get a message telling me there might have been similar topics already posted, then listing them - unless of course the thread contains no common keywords.

Are people not getting this message when they type 'overrated' into the subject field? Or are they just ignoring the huge list of threads already posted?
Precedent

• Posted: 08/10/2013 13:58
  • Post subject:
The Beatles
The Rolling Stones
Pink Floyd
Eminem
Modest Mouse