BEA Support

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Dingerbell

United Kingdom
  • Posted: 01/28/2014 18:41
  • Post subject:
Ben, don't worry man, parties are generally very overrated by the people who go to them. I've been to a fair few, and they're never as wild as you imagine. You're not really missing out on much.

Although getting drunk is fun. Try some vodka + a drink you like (I love it with orange juice, and its healthy Wink ), although it does require a bit of experimentation.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Posted: 01/28/2014 18:47
  • Post subject:
Dingerbell wrote:
Ben, don't worry man, parties are generally very overrated by the people who go to them.

lolwut
HazeyTwilight
boyfriend in your wet dreams

Ireland
  • Posted: 01/28/2014 18:50
  • Post subject:
benpaco wrote:
Anyways, y'all know what you're talking about, so here's something that's been bugging me since only just yesterday: I've done nothing. I was talking to this girl over facebook and we were going back and forth with "things I don't know about you" and she said something that really made me think. I've never done anything. All those exciting high school and youth experiences, I've had none of them.

I'm single, my 1 girlfriend lasted less than a month a month so I have no experience in all of that, I've never drank, never smoked, never gotten high (well twice second hand at concerts), never gone to any wild parties, never hooked up with anyone, never really kissed anyone, never had a job, never gotten accepted into anything I applied for. I'm scared I'm gonna look back on high school and go "you never did anything Ben". I don't want that. But at the same time, I don't know how crazy I want to get. Or how crazy its even possible to get. I've been stuck (on and off) on the same girl who's already in a relationship, and even though I don't think I like her right now, there's no one else I'm interested in. I don't like the taste of booze, I don't like the smell of pot. I don't really like the feelings of being high, and loud people bug me. I'm not a popular kid and I can't be. If I can't get anything I apply for, how can I get a job? I feel like I'm stuck in a rut and I don't really like the alternative and I don't know what to do.

Well, at least you're not boring like I am - far from it. You also have people to talk to and rely on. I have none of that.
SuedeSwede
Ognoo

United Kingdom
  • Posted: 01/28/2014 18:52
  • Post subject:
IrishMusichead wrote:
Well, at least you're not boring like I am - far from it. You also have people to talk to and rely on. I have none of that.

Why is everyone here so self-deprecating? From what I've seen of you, you're anything but boring. And it's hard for me to understand how you can't have anyone at all to talk to...

Is anything in particular troubling you or are you just a bit down?
Dingerbell

United Kingdom
  • Posted: 01/28/2014 18:59
  • Post subject:
lethalnezzle wrote:
lolwut

Dingerbell wrote:
Ben, don't worry man, high school parties are generally very overrated by the people who go to them.
  • Visit poster's website
HazeyTwilight

Ireland
  • Posted: 01/28/2014 19:06
  • Post subject:
SuedeSwede wrote:
Why is everyone here so self-deprecating?

I've always been this way.

SuedeSwede wrote:
From what I've seen of you, you're anything but boring. And it's hard for me to understand how you can't have anyone at all to talk to...

Is anything in particular troubling you or are you just a bit down?

I think it may just be me contemplating life way too much. Kinda doubting the sort of friends I have and whether or not they're actually my friends. I'm under the influence that I'm not included in their environment but they're not saying a word to me whether I should get out of the conversations they have or not, and I am just there, awkwardly looking away from them. That's where "not talking to anyone" comes into my original sentence.
  • Posted: 01/28/2014 19:07
  • Post subject:
Dingerbell wrote:
Ben, don't worry man, high school parties are generally very overrated by the people who go to them.

What age is high school? Like 13-18? I went to some completely dope parties on a regular basis throughout those years. Actually, apart from a couple of exceptions in the last few years, all of the best parties I ever went to were "high school parties", I guess. I'm not encouraging drinking and drug use, especially if it isn't the sort of the thing you enjoy, but there's something about that age where everyone is actually finding themselves and letting themselves go for the first time that is impossible to replicate later on in life, even only a few years later. It's the best and most eye-opening time of your life. My advice? Enjoy it. Try new stuff. Go to parties and talk to randoms. It isn't easy but it's worth it.
SuedeSwede
Ognoo

United Kingdom
  • Posted: 01/28/2014 19:15
  • Post subject:
IrishMusichead wrote:
I think it may just be me contemplating life way too much. Kinda doubting the sort of friends I have and whether or not they're actually my friends. I'm under the influence that I'm not included in their environment but they're not saying a word to me whether I should get out of the conversations they have or not, and I am just there, awkwardly looking away from them. That's where "not talking to anyone" comes into my original sentence.

What are your friends like? Do you ever have good conversations with them?
HazeyTwilight

Ireland
  • Posted: 01/28/2014 19:31
  • Post subject:
SuedeSwede wrote:
What are your friends like? Do you ever have good conversations with them?

They're not bad people, they're really nice. They are those in-between people, not too nerdy and not too oblivious (they are smart people), I like that about them. And I think the conversations they have are so entertaining. Though, it's just that I have the feeling that I don't know them as well as they know each other. I only made friends with them around 2012 but, without my "contributions", they have been friends much earlier, I think. They also have other people they befriended beforehand, so it's kinda hard to keep up. So, it's kinda alien sometimes, or that could be just me purposely alienating myself from them. idk.
SuedeSwede
Ognoo

United Kingdom
  • Posted: 01/28/2014 19:41
  • Post subject:
IrishMusichead wrote:
They're not bad people, they're really nice. They are those in-between people, not too nerdy and not too oblivious (they are smart people), I like that about them. And I think the conversations they have are so entertaining. Though, it's just that I have the feeling that I don't know them as well as they know each other. I only made friends with them around 2012 but, without my "contributions", they have been friends much earlier, I think. They also have other people they befriended beforehand, so it's kinda hard to keep up. So, it's kinda alien sometimes, or that could be just me purposely alienating myself from them. idk.

As long as they are good people, you enjoy their company, and you have good conversations, you're okay. My 'group' changes so much, and there are people in there who have been friends for so long, but I guess I just communicate with them as much as I can and want to, and it's all good. Don't reject yourself as part of their group or even degrade your importance in their conversations. Join in as much as you can and just enjoy yourself around them, I guess. There's no worth in contemplating if you are a lesser friend and just staying silent, it's much better to be trying to input in their conversations.

Sorry if I got the wrong end of the stick here.