• Posted: 11/04/2011 07:26
  • Post subject:
"Out of my way, peasents!"

- Necharsian, The Arrogant King
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 11/08/2011 11:55
  • Post subject:
"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

- Eph 6:12

And all I got was this silly hat

• Visit poster's website
40footwolf

United States

• Posted: 11/08/2011 22:12
  • Post subject:
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

-Jiddu Krishnamurti

-John Cassavettes
  • Visit poster's website
19loveless91
mag. druž. inf

Slovenia

• Posted: 11/08/2011 22:23
  • Post subject:
Just knowing that there is someone out there who is as weird as you can be enough to keep oneself sane.
(~ some dude on the internet about 4chan)
  • Visit poster's website
Robert Anton Wilson
Epic Proghead

Canada

• Posted: 11/16/2011 19:32
  • Post subject:
Concepts that have proven useful in ordering things easily achieve such an authority over us that we forget their earthly origins and accept them as unalterable givens. Thus they come to be stamped as «necessities of thought», «a priori givens», etc... »
- Albert Einstein

«The man who, when his actions go wrong, begins to play about with moral distinctions in order to put them right, cannot find the way back».
- Lieh Tzu

The next ones are all by me ... sorry for the lack of humility, death does that.

“The greatest folly of all is to think that this moment can be other than this – this is called imagination.
The second greatest folly is to blame oneself for the moment being what it is – this is called conscience.
The third greatest folly is to find somebody else to blame – this is called improving the world.”

“Although there are no universal sexual taboo, it seems universal that there are sexual taboos.”

“Of course the quirkiest, most chaotic things that exist are people-and that’s why they're so obsessed with trying to control us.”

“The fear of death is the beginning of slavery. The ultimate weapon has always existed. Every man, every woman, and every child owns it. It's the ability to say NO and take the consequences.”

“We are all walled cities shouting at each other over the armaments of our preconceptions.”
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
40footwolf

United States

• Posted: 11/24/2011 09:39
  • Post subject:
“Motherfuckers go all day tryin’ to please other people an’ shit, and you forget you got to please your star player, the motherfucker that’s in the mirror lookin’ at you every goddamn day. How are YOU doing today. Fuck what they think. That need to be the motherfucker you concerned about…’cause if you a real motherfucker they hate you with every fuckn’ thing they got.”

-Katt Williams

-John Cassavettes
  • Visit poster's website
19loveless91
mag. druž. inf

Slovenia

• Posted: 08/16/2012 11:42
  • Post subject:
Bumping this as I'm in need for good quotes.. for something. They can be by authors, famous or completely random people. They can be either inspirational, or just interesting in whatever way...
  • Visit poster's website
Saoirse

• Posted: 08/16/2012 11:46
  • Post subject:
And he says, Do you Love Me? and she says, No, but that's a real nice SKI MASK!!!!!!!!
SquishypuffDave

Australia

• Posted: 01/06/2014 07:35
  • Post subject:
Felt like bumping this with a rather lovely passage from GK Chesterton:

We all like astonishing tales because they touch the nerve of the ancient instinct of astonishment. This is proved by the fact that when we are very young children we do not need fairy tales: we only need tales. Mere life is interesting enough.

A child of seven is excited by being told that Tommy opened a door and saw a dragon. But a child of three is excited by being told that Tommy opened a door. Boys like romantic tales; but babies like realistic tales—because they find them romantic. In fact, a baby is about the only person, I should think, to whom a modern realistic novel could be read without boring him.

This proves that even nursery tales only echo an almost pre-natal leap of interest and amazement. These tales say that apples were golden only to refresh the forgotten moment when we found that they were green. They make rivers run with wine only to make us remember, for one wild moment, that they run with water.

We have all read in scientific books, and, indeed, in all romances, the story of the man who has forgotten his name. This man walks about the streets and can see and appreciate everything; only he cannot remember who he is.

Well, every man is that man in the story. Every man has forgotten who he is. One may understand the cosmos, but never the ego; the self more distant than any star. Thou shalt love the Lord thy God; but thou shalt not know thyself.

We are all under the same mental calamity; we have all forgotten our names. We have all forgotten what we really are.

All that we call common sense and rationality and practicality and positivism only means that for certain dead levels of our life we forget that we have forgotten. All that we call spirit and art and ecstasy only means that for one awful instant we remember that we forget.

I left the fairy tales lying on the floor of the nursery, and I have not found any books so sensible since.
  • Visit poster's website