View previous topic :: View next topic
SuedeSwede
Ognoo

United Kingdom
  • Posted: 02/01/2014 23:36
  • Post subject:
BrandonMeow wrote:
Shadow Kingdom is a great album, give it a chance! Smile

I'll give it a chance, but I'm generally not that dedicated to music that I'm not hooked to. If after the first 20 minutes I dislike it, I'll just turn it off and subsequently abstain its match-up.

Anyway, I wasn't particularly picking on the Natural Snow Buildings album. I'm doing the noms in the order they are in on the OP, and this caught my eye the most and I searched it up and saw it was a very, very long album. I've no concern in this, The Poe can choose what he wants. I just think that there won't be that many people dedicated to listening to the entirety of it, meaning his nomination is near futile as it doesn't give people the discovery of a new album they were looking for.
  • Posted: 02/01/2014 23:36
  • Post subject:
drakonium wrote:
camsh's nom (the Frank Turner album) is in the top 1500. Is it OK? I don't want to sound too much like that bastard who denounces people, it's just about following the rules.

It's not the only one, either. That's why I don't like the rule.
  • Posted: 02/01/2014 23:37
  • Post subject:
SuedeSwede wrote:
I'll give it a chance, but I'm generally not that dedicated to music that I'm not hooked to. If after the first 20 minutes I dislike it, I'll just turn it off and subsequently abstain its match-up.

Anyway, I wasn't particularly picking on the Natural Snow Buildings album. I'm doing the noms in the order they are in on the OP, and this caught my eye the most and I searched it up and saw it was a very, very long album. I've no concern in this, The Poe can choose what he wants. I just think that there won't be that many people dedicated to listening to the entirety of it, meaning his nomination is near futile as it doesn't give people the discovery of a new album they were looking for.

No one says you have to listen to all of every album, 20 minutes should be good enough to give you an idea, just felt the need to defend NSB. Razz
SuedeSwede
Ognoo

United Kingdom
  • Posted: 02/01/2014 23:42
  • Post subject:
BrandonMeow wrote:
No one says you have to listen to all of every album, 20 minutes should be good enough to give you an idea, just felt the need to defend NSB. Razz

I'm not gonna vote for or against it if I don't hear it in full. Plus, it'd be a nice new discovery, that's pretty much the point of this tournament Razz
benpaco
Who's gonna watch you die?

United States
  • Posted: 02/02/2014 00:40
  • Post subject:
SuedeSwede wrote:
I'm not gonna vote for or against it if I don't hear it in full. Plus, it'd be a nice new discovery, that's pretty much the point of this tournament Razz

This. I've say through enough awful albums to vote against them I just hoped this was the accepted norm.

. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

Things I Make
  • Visit poster's website