Rate My Chart

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 27, 28, 29  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
JMan

• Posted: 11/25/2013 00:16
  • Post subject:
Mancsoulsister wrote:
Why do you care so much about ratings? It's what you think that matters not what everybody else has to say.

I don't. Since it's my best chart, why not try to get ten ratings and set a goal for myself? Plus, I post for suggestions. Right now, I'm trying to fill my grunge and Christian charts.

btw, thanks for the grunge recs you gave me months ago. Love Battery was good, and I'll listen to Babies in Toyland later today or tomorrow. And Mudhoney was awesome.

Last edited by JMan on 11/25/2013 00:26; edited 1 time in total
Precedent

• Posted: 11/25/2013 00:23
  • Post subject:
an_outlaw wrote:
Lower the ratings Very Happy I've found rating charts between 10-60 vastly increases the amount of people rating your own chart. Not every chart you rate low will get the same in return. They will give a geniune rating though.

No chance keeping your overall chart rating above 80/100. Laughing

Thanks!
nutso42

• Posted: 11/26/2013 17:46
  • Post subject:
I've done a custom chart that's a revision of my Greatest Albums chart, wherein I can only use one album per artist. See what y'all think!

http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart....amp;page=1
Saoirse

• Posted: 11/26/2013 19:51
  • Post subject:
Why does this thread exist? It should be renamed "Look at Me! Im going to blantly grobble for ratings! Rate my chart so I can get 10 ratings for chart of the day!" I don't actually see much interest in discussing the charts, just a ratings beg (with some exceptions), and we already have a chart talk thread... oh what this is just helping, I guess the enemy is me...
Kiki

• Posted: 11/26/2013 20:04
  • Post subject:
Don't make me want to come on over your chart. Speak to the hand
Romanelli
Bone Swah

United States

• Posted: 11/26/2013 20:57
  • Post subject:
Saoirse wrote:
Why does this thread exist? It should be renamed "Look at Me! Im going to blantly grobble for ratings! Rate my chart so I can get 10 ratings for chart of the day!" I don't actually see much interest in discussing the charts, just a ratings beg (with some exceptions), and we already have a chart talk thread...

Thank you!!!!!
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website

• Posted: 11/26/2013 21:00
  • Post subject:
This thread is dumb but it isn't offensively so and I'll usually rate if you ask. Can't bring myself to be actively against the thread's existence though.
nutso42

• Posted: 11/26/2013 21:10
  • Post subject:
Saoirse wrote:
Why does this thread exist? It should be renamed "Look at Me! Im going to blantly grobble for ratings! Rate my chart so I can get 10 ratings for chart of the day!" I don't actually see much interest in discussing the charts, just a ratings beg (with some exceptions), and we already have a chart talk thread... oh what this is just helping, I guess the enemy is me...

I do it because I like knowing when a user has a new chart. It's not the type of thing I'll constantly check (to see if various users have new charts) but I follow this thread so I can see right off the bat.
Jasonconfused
If We Make It We Can All Sit Back and Laugh

United States

• Posted: 11/26/2013 21:16
  • Post subject:
nutso42 wrote:
I do it because I like knowing when a user has a new chart. It's not the type of thing I'll constantly check (to see if various users have new charts) but I follow this thread so I can see right off the bat.

This. It's a fine way to be notified when someone makes a new chart or makes changes. I guess my only objections are that the title of the thread suggests that it is about more than letting people know about new charts and extends into trading of ratings, as well as the fact that there are basically two of these charts.
JMan

• Posted: 11/26/2013 23:05
  • Post subject:
Jasonconfused wrote:
This. It's a fine way to be notified when someone makes a new chart or makes changes. I guess my only objections are that the title of the thread suggests that it is about more than letting people know about new charts and extends into trading of ratings, as well as the fact that there are basically two of these charts.

Now I am confused as to why we still have this thread.