Anime anyone?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Omid

Iran

• Posted: 04/27/2011 10:03
  • Post subject:
best ever anime movies : Nausica of the Valley of the Wind,Kiki's Delivery Service
best ever anime series : Code Geass,One Piece
best ever manga : Eyeshield21
  • Visit poster's website
Polythene Pam

• Posted: 04/27/2011 11:40
  • Post subject:
Jhereko wrote:
Really even Ponyo better?

I would say

Howls
Mononoke
Spirited
Porco Rosso
Totoro
Nausicaa
Ponyo

and I haven't seen the others

I dunno Howl's really got me emotionally but perhaps I need to see some of them again because mononoke is a very close second.

Howl's got you emotionality!? You really need to see grave of the fireflies then, that will get you emotionally Crying or Very sad
Polythene Pam

• Posted: 04/27/2011 11:46
  • Post subject:
Omid wrote:
best ever anime movies : Nausica of the Valley of the Wind,Kiki's Delivery Service

Code Geass Is really good what other Anime are you into?

I love when Anime movies are talked about, all that gets mentioned is Studio Ghilbli movies.
Omid

Iran

• Posted: 04/27/2011 17:55
  • Post subject:
Polythene Pam wrote:
Omid wrote:

I love when Anime movies are talked about, all that gets mentioned is Studio Ghilbli movies.

Most anime series fail me,they often keep dragging out the plot.But there are some good series like Death Note and Ergo Proxy.About anime movies;many of my faves belong to Miyazaki,but other than that I admire great animes like Grave of the Fireflies and Akira.
  • Visit poster's website
Necharsian
Best Ever User

Canada

• Posted: 04/27/2011 23:45
  • Post subject:
I am not a giant Anime buff, but I do love Spirited Away. I have seen Spirited Away more than any other movie on earth, if you can believe that.

I also have seen Princess Monoke, and enjoyed that one quite alot as well.
  • Visit poster's website
Polythene Pam

• Posted: 04/28/2011 02:51
  • Post subject:
Omid wrote:
Polythene Pam wrote:
Omid wrote:

Most anime series fail me,they often keep dragging out the plot.But there are some good series like Death Note and Ergo Proxy.About anime movies;many of my faves belong to Miyazaki,but other than that I admire great animes like Grave of the Fireflies and Akira.

How about Neon Genesis and Cowboy Bebop both only 24-26 episodes? they don't drag out the plot. And Grave Of The Fireflies is still Studio Ghilbli Razz
Omid

Iran

• Posted: 04/28/2011 09:20
  • Post subject:
Polythene Pam wrote:
Omid wrote:
Polythene Pam wrote:
Omid wrote:

How about Neon Genesis and Cowboy Bebop both only 24-26 episodes? they don't drag out the plot. And Grave Of The Fireflies is still Studio Ghilbli Razz

Evangelion and Bebop are two milestones in anime history,they've changed the animes in one way or another,I admire that,even though I'm not a fan.But these animes are doomed to wrap up the story in 25-26 episodes,so they can't create perfect side characters and tell a complete story in that short time,that's why I prefer manga.
  • Visit poster's website
Postmodern_Beatnik

United States

• Posted: 05/06/2011 06:36
  • Post subject:
Polythene Pam wrote:
Postmodern_Beatnik wrote:
As a kid I loved DB/DBZ/DBZ GT, Yu-Gi-Oh, Beyblade, and Spirited Away. All of it is probably considered crappy mainstream stuff though. I did like this one anime that came on Adult Swim where this world's greatest detective got turned into a kid and he helped solve mysteries but kept his identity hidden. Do you know that name of this by any chance??

Hmmm well L is a character in Death Note that was referred to as "the worlds greatest detective" and he always kept his identity hidden. So it could be that?

Well I would consider Spirited Away crappy at all. As for the other stuff... Well I'm not gonna lie I hate it. It's just rubbish story telling with crappy animation used to hawk products to westerners Sad. I guess that applies to Yu-Gi-Oh and Bayblade the most. I can't say I didn't buy into though, I am a huge Pokemon fan Embarassed

I FOUND IT!! Completely by mistake too. It's called Case Closed.
  • Visit poster's website
Polythene Pam

• Posted: 05/06/2011 11:33
  • Post subject:
Polythene Pam wrote:
As a kid I loved DB/DBZ/DBZ GT, Yu-Gi-Oh, Beyblade, and Spirited Away. All of it is probably considered crappy mainstream stuff though. I did like this one anime that came on Adult Swim where this world's greatest detective got turned into a kid and he helped solve mysteries but kept his identity hidden. Do you know that name of this by any chance??

Hmmm well L is a character in Death Note that was referred to as "the worlds greatest detective" and he always kept his identity hidden. So it could be that?

Well I wouldn't consider Spirited Away crappy at all. As for the other stuff... Well I'm not gonna lie I hate it. It's just rubbish story telling with crappy animation used to hawk products to westerners Sad. I guess that applies to Yu-Gi-Oh and Bayblade the most. I can't say I didn't buy into though, I am a huge Pokemon fan Embarassed

I FOUND IT!! Completely by mistake too. It's called Case Closed.

Very Happy

I haven't seen it before, is it worth checking out?
Katibear

United Kingdom

• Posted: 06/10/2011 01:51
  • Post subject:
I'm quite partial to a bit of Anime, though i'm not really all that good with on going anime series, as much as i'd like to keep up with them - most series have faaaaaaar too many episodes to keep up with - so I usually just stick to anime films.

Some have already been mentioned but here's a few of my favourites:

- The Cat Returns (probably my favourite)
- Spirited Away
- Metropolis (excellent soundtrack)
- Tekkonkinkreet (Amazing effects, a must see, great soundtrack by Plaid too)
- My Neighbor Totoro
- Kiki's Delivery Service
- Cowboy Bebop (the movie)
- Perfect Blue

There's most likely others but I've the worst memory in the history of time.
  • Visit poster's website