The most annoying fanbase?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
indieshins

Australia

• Posted: 02/28/2018 01:08
  • Post subject:
I hate what has become the typical image of the Radiohead fan, as exemplified in that video (which I find hilarious). I'm sure they exist, but I've never met anyone like that - my one friend who's as in to Radiohead as I am is really enthusiastic, but he's not insufferable, even if sometimes we joke about belonging to the Church of Radiohead and stupid stuff like that.

Honestly, people that refuse to listen to stuff outside their comfort zone, and conversely, music snobs, annoy the hell out of me. I'm saying this in the knowledge that I struggle with feeling like the only art that's worthy is the art that pushes boundaries. But really, if its got some sort of brain, I'll respect your taste. I hate it when people think that because you like the Beatles or even a less innovative artist like, I don't know, Lorde, then your taste is trash.

But then there's people that only listen to one genre, and won't listen when you suggest something outside it. I knew a pop-punk fan that wouldn't shut up about Busted (not even the best pop-punk band, lol), and it was super annoying. I now have some prejudice against pop-punk fans because of it - it didn't help that he had a lot of issues and was kind of an intense and disturbed guy in general. But, to sum up, music snobs, narrow listeners, and those that like a band for being "cute" (I'm looking at you 1D fans!), are the worst.
YoungPunk

• Posted: 02/28/2018 01:48
  • Post subject:
AfterHours wrote:
bobbyb5 wrote:
AfterHours wrote:
As a note, I am well aware that it can go both ways... Cool It is not lost on me that, after so many conversations (both civil and argumentative) over the years, Beatlemaniacs often find myself, Scaruffi, and other so-called "Scaruffists" quite upsetting, I'm sure, at least in regards to our views of the merits of The Beatles.

Btw, my "favorite" Beatlemaniac of all time is good 'ol "fanofthefabfour" from listology.com. He is, without a doubt the greatest fan of all time (9.9/10). He used to come out of nowhere and jump into the middle of conversations about The Beatles and post literally endless pages of quotes and details about his favorite band -- just pages and pages of it, on and on and on. And he wasn't at all self-aware of how ridiculous and annoying he was -- just completely high-jacking entire threads in an onslaught of (sometimes ALL CAPS) evangelical speeches about their merits -- and he was completely serious. You can still run across him to this day around the internet (under different monikers), copying and pasting the same posts he flung at our threads, on other sites/message boards -- just completely f-ing up any conversation that was occurring before hand. I never fail to burst out laughing when I happen across his "work". He doesn't realize how much he is the trolling equivalent of Trout Mask Replica, while loudly despising the album Laughing He is on a mission, but doesn't realize no one is going to read his twenty pages of postings. It is simply amazing to witness. Like I said: 9.9/10. He is the epitome of Scaruffi's complaint. Fanofthefabfour once told me that he emailed Scaruffi (in the late 2000s) and I can only imagine Scaruffi's reaction after his thousand page email, something like: "I disagree Smile" And that he is probably the primary influence behind Scaruffi's post Laughing Laughing Laughing and perhaps, before that, had a hand in the vitriol in Scaruffi's Beatles page, thus influencing the very thing he is trying so desperately to take down.

I've never found the Beatle fan base annoying at all. They're the very best kind of fans. Enthusiastic but never annoying or snobby or bad natured. That's been my experience with them anyway.

Their enthusiasm is awesome. There are those that cant handle it if one expresses disagreement with their merits, when that is what is under discussion. I have no idea what the percentage is and it's not something that concerns me except perhaps during the more conflicting discussions that can occur. But it does come up from time to time. Obviously this sort of reaction can be "triggered" by a lack of tact in presentation, something that I have been guilty of before, and Scaruffi is certainly guilty of as well, including other like-minded types ("guilty", for lack of a better word).

My ex is a Beatles fan Smile
  • Visit poster's website
AfterHours

• Posted: 02/28/2018 01:52
  • Post subject:
YoungPunk wrote:
AfterHours wrote:
bobbyb5 wrote:
AfterHours wrote:
As a note, I am well aware that it can go both ways... Cool It is not lost on me that, after so many conversations (both civil and argumentative) over the years, Beatlemaniacs often find myself, Scaruffi, and other so-called "Scaruffists" quite upsetting, I'm sure, at least in regards to our views of the merits of The Beatles.

Btw, my "favorite" Beatlemaniac of all time is good 'ol "fanofthefabfour" from listology.com. He is, without a doubt the greatest fan of all time (9.9/10). He used to come out of nowhere and jump into the middle of conversations about The Beatles and post literally endless pages of quotes and details about his favorite band -- just pages and pages of it, on and on and on. And he wasn't at all self-aware of how ridiculous and annoying he was -- just completely high-jacking entire threads in an onslaught of (sometimes ALL CAPS) evangelical speeches about their merits -- and he was completely serious. You can still run across him to this day around the internet (under different monikers), copying and pasting the same posts he flung at our threads, on other sites/message boards -- just completely f-ing up any conversation that was occurring before hand. I never fail to burst out laughing when I happen across his "work". He doesn't realize how much he is the trolling equivalent of Trout Mask Replica, while loudly despising the album Laughing He is on a mission, but doesn't realize no one is going to read his twenty pages of postings. It is simply amazing to witness. Like I said: 9.9/10. He is the epitome of Scaruffi's complaint. Fanofthefabfour once told me that he emailed Scaruffi (in the late 2000s) and I can only imagine Scaruffi's reaction after his thousand page email, something like: "I disagree Smile" And that he is probably the primary influence behind Scaruffi's post Laughing Laughing Laughing and perhaps, before that, had a hand in the vitriol in Scaruffi's Beatles page, thus influencing the very thing he is trying so desperately to take down.

I've never found the Beatle fan base annoying at all. They're the very best kind of fans. Enthusiastic but never annoying or snobby or bad natured. That's been my experience with them anyway.

Their enthusiasm is awesome. There are those that cant handle it if one expresses disagreement with their merits, when that is what is under discussion. I have no idea what the percentage is and it's not something that concerns me except perhaps during the more conflicting discussions that can occur. But it does come up from time to time. Obviously this sort of reaction can be "triggered" by a lack of tact in presentation, something that I have been guilty of before, and Scaruffi is certainly guilty of as well, including other like-minded types ("guilty", for lack of a better word).

My ex is a Beatles fan Smile

I'll send you all the tips in presentation that I've learned (the hard way) throughout the years Laughing Laughing Laughing
  • Visit poster's website
Space-Dementia

United States

• Posted: 02/28/2018 04:28
  • Post subject:
My Chemical Romance, Muse, Death Grips (I feel like they're mostly annoying as a joke/meme, but they're still annoying), Twentyone Pilots, Halsey, Kendrick Lamar, Eminem. Some of these artists are good to okay and it's just the fans that piss me off, but others are pretty fucking bad and the awful fans just suit the music. (I fucking hate Halsey.)
  • Visit poster's website
RoundTheBend
I miss the comfort in being sad

United States

• Posted: 02/28/2018 04:56
  • Post subject:
We are 4 pages in and nobody mentions Juggalos.
  • Visit poster's website
RoundTheBend

United States

• Posted: 02/28/2018 04:58
  • Post subject:
Also the logic... a fanatic is indeed the definition of "annoying" is it not?

Anyone who applies any intentional logical fallacy, and then when shown where they could potentially be wrong still can't acknowledge there might be a hole in their logic... they are completely dismissive and fail to try to seek any understanding. Those are probably the most annoying ones to me.

You can have whatever opinion you want but if you refute facts or refute any logical explanation of how there could be another option/way... I just can't.
  • Visit poster's website
Tap
to resume download

United States

• Posted: 02/28/2018 05:55
  • Post subject:
Raffi fans, they're so fucking childish and always crying at concerts, and they're completely unreasonable when you actually try to have a convo with them about music
  • Visit poster's website
RoundTheBend

United States

• Posted: 02/28/2018 06:02
  • Post subject:
Tap wrote:
Raffi fans, they're so fucking childish and always crying at concerts, and they're completely unreasonable when you actually try to have a convo with them about music

Laughing Laughing Laughing
  • Visit poster's website
Tha1ChiefRocka
Yeah, well hey, I'm really sorry.

United States

• Posted: 02/28/2018 06:04
  • Post subject:
Tap wrote:

Always interrupting Raffi too; It used to be about the music, man.

Link
  • Visit poster's website
Tap
to resume download

United States

• Posted: 02/28/2018 06:33
  • Post subject:
yeah that video shows how disrespectful these fans are. I feel like most of them didn't even spend their own money on the tickets, and just had mommy and daddy buy them. no concept of what it means to have worked to have gotten in there.
  • Visit poster's website