Album of the day (#490): OK Computer by Radiohead

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Mr. Shankly

United States

• Posted: 03/22/2012 02:22
  • Post subject:
kidamnesiac wrote:
whatever dude, it is the same story, these people who are into older music don't like radiohead. its not my motherfucking fault.

Your never ending chip on your shoulder concerning Radiohead crack me up. Laughing You know there is other music, out there. Just saying. Razz But I digress...

Mainly what I want to say is, you're generalizing. I like a lot of older music, but guess what? I also like Radiohead, and it's their guitar band period that I like best. OK Computer is a great album, no doubt about it. I'll echo others and say, I'm not sure it's the best ever, and it's not quite my favorite of theirs, but it belongs in the top 20, for sure. You can't really fault this album. It's experimental, but it also rocks. At this point in their career, they hadn't adopted the art for art's sake mantle quite yet. On the other hand, one of the things that makes it so great is the dark mood and common theme that runs throughout most of the album. A major achievement, for sure!
  • Visit poster's website
kidamnesiac

• Posted: 03/22/2012 02:49
  • Post subject:
yeah well you are a slight exception to the rule, you like pre kid a radiohead and you think the bends is their best album, which is totally wrong.
  • Visit poster's website
purple

• Posted: 03/22/2012 02:59
  • Post subject:
I think Airbag and Climbing Up the Walls are perfection. No Surprises is pretty good, but I'd rather listen to Sunday Morning. I absolutely love the opening guitar to Electrioneering. Subterranean Homesick Alien is good. The rest does nothing for me.
Mr. Shankly

United States

• Posted: 03/22/2012 03:16
  • Post subject:
kidamnesiac wrote:
yeah well you are a slight exception to the rule, you like pre kid a radiohead and you think the bends is their best album, which is totally wrong.

"How can it be wrong to state a preference?"

Rob, played by John Cusack (High Fidelity)
  • Visit poster's website
Charicature

United States

• Posted: 03/22/2012 13:04
  • Post subject:
kidamnesiac wrote:

Actually, this should be rewritten to say "yeah, well you think Radiohead had anything good AFTER OK Computer, which is totally wrong."

Pablo Honey was good, The Bends was phenomenal, OK Computer was a mixed bag of great songs and absolute crap, Kid A had one or two listenable tracks, and Radiohead simply got too full of themselves after that I guess, because every album after Kid A was completely lousy.
pearljammer13
Young Pilgrim

United States

• Posted: 03/22/2012 17:04
  • Post subject:
Charicature wrote:
Actually, this should be rewritten to say "yeah, well you think Radiohead had anything good AFTER OK Computer, which is totally wrong."

Pablo Honey was good, The Bends was phenomenal, OK Computer was a mixed bag of great songs and absolute crap, Kid A had one or two listenable tracks, and Radiohead simply got too full of themselves after that I guess, because every album after Kid A was completely lousy.

Amnesiac, Hail To The Thief, In Rainbows, and King Of Limbs were all completely lousy? I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you on that one.
  • Visit poster's website
HigherThanTheSun

United Kingdom

• Posted: 03/22/2012 17:31
  • Post subject:
Charicature wrote:

^^^^^^

Well I wouldn't agree with lousy. Tedious, maybe even dull or boring. Either way they're all massively inferior to the first three.

Good, phenomenal, mixed bag, boring......... sounds about right.

• Posted: 03/22/2012 19:55
  • Post subject:
Radiohead's music is very dense and layered and are difficult to decipher and adapt to upon first impression. I question the number of full start-to-finish listens some people have given albums like King of Limbs, In Rainbows, and Kid A. Particularly the ones that don't believe those albums to be any good at all.
Necharsian
Best Ever User

Canada

• Posted: 03/22/2012 20:43
  • Post subject:
Don't worry people! I'm here to show exactly how good Radiohead's discography is:

1. Kid A. The best. A great album that deserves all kinds of praise.
2. Amnesiac. Really good. Slightly less than great, but commendable.
3-6. In Rainbows, Ok Computer, Hail to the Thief, The King of Limbs. Good. Listenable. None are great. None are bad.
7. The Bends. Yuck.

So yeah. Radiohead is a good band that made one great album.
  • Visit poster's website

• Posted: 03/22/2012 20:49
  • Post subject:
Necharsian wrote:
Don't worry people! I'm here to show exactly how good Radiohead's discography is:

1. Kid A. The best. A great album that deserves all kinds of praise.
2. Amnesiac. Really good. Slightly less than great, but commendable.
3-6. In Rainbows, Ok Computer, Hail to the Thief, The King of Limbs. Good. Listenable. None are great. None are bad.
7. The Bends. Yuck.

So yeah. Radiohead is a good band that made one great album.

Was Pablo Honey just not even worth your time to rank? Lol.