Please let me delete my account

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic

• Posted: 02/12/2014 00:12
  • Post subject:
Can't say I ever got along with The Poe but this seems a little extreme. Oh well, I guess it's what he wanted.
HigherThanTheSun

United Kingdom

• Posted: 02/12/2014 00:14
  • Post subject:
sp4cetiger wrote:
Mate, I was violating copyright laws while you were still in diapers. (diapers having been invented the previous spring)

Haha, gotcha Laughing
Saoirse

• Posted: 02/12/2014 00:23
  • Post subject:
Yeah this was a massive over-reaction, as extremely condescending as I found some of the things he said, especially about BEA in general, he didn't really do anything too out of line, it was just a bad forum spat in general that more people (uh, whistles) were not exactly innocent of wrong-doing either. But oh well, if he's leaving on his own accord then hopefully he'll find someplace that makes him happy

Last edited by Saoirse on 02/12/2014 00:36; edited 2 times in total
benpaco
Who's gonna watch you die?

United States

• Posted: 02/12/2014 00:35
  • Post subject:
Just came home to find a legend gone. Poe, you were harsh on my charts and my opinions from time to time, but you were a great place to go for recs, and you seemed like a good guy. If you're gone because you want to be, alright, but I'll miss you, and I think a lot of the rest of us will too.

If anyone happens to have a text copy of his chart, I'd actually love that, it was a weird life goal of mine to find a chart I had 0 albums in common with and listen to all 100, and I had chosen Poe's. It's a real shame he had to delete his account.

If we really need it, I'd be willing to step into the position of running BSAT, I guess, in the meantime.

RIP Poe. You were the reason I thought this site would be eclectic enough for me (really more than eclectic enough).

. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

Things I Make
  • Visit poster's website
Romanelli
Bone Swah

United States

• Posted: 02/12/2014 00:39
  • Post subject:
Looking into this as well. Hopefully we can get this straightened out.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Goodsir

• Posted: 02/12/2014 01:25
  • Post subject:
This whole occurrence has legitimately made me sad. What The Poe did was not right in the slightest, but he did not, in any way, deserve to be banned. I did not know The Poe as well as many of you, but I sure wish that I did. His musical taste was certainly different from that of many of us, and I personally feel that he added a lot to this site. As for what he was banned for, I can completely relate to some of the statements he was making. Sometimes I fell that I am "The Poe" of my friends group. Like him, I've made myself look like an idiot to defend something that I was very passionate about. But this isn't about me, this is about The Poe. He really was a great user. He will surely be missed by me and many other members on this site.

R.I.P. Poe; I hope you're happy wherever BEAers go when they die.

And one last thing. Poe, even though I'm sure you can't hear me, I want to let you know that your nomination will be staying in the +1500 Tourney no matter what.
Romanelli
Bone Swah

United States

• Posted: 02/12/2014 01:29
  • Post subject:
Anonymous wrote:
I have sat patiently by my computer for about an hour now. No response, no action, 3 moderators online. I want to get this over with.

I will only PM a certain user, delete my charts, then delete my account. Nothing more. I don't want this to last any longer.

Also, don't PM me on this account. This proxy does not allow me to send PMs for some reason.

And I don't hate any of you. You have all been interesting characters on my internet life journey. I wish all of you well.

Please PM me. If you can't, let me know here.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Precedent

• Posted: 02/12/2014 01:32
  • Post subject:
R.I.P. The Poe Sad

I can't say that I'm all too surprised about this, but eh, it seems like he's happy with it.

If anyone needs help with the BSAT, I'll be more than happy to jump in.
RockyRaccoon
Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me?

United States

• Posted: 02/12/2014 01:45
  • Post subject:
Wow, there were literally like 0 reasons for him to get banned. There was a disagreement in a thread, big deal. Yea, he was acting kinda douchey but that's hardly a reason to ban him. Sorry to see him go.

Early Psychedelic Rock

Electronic Chart
  • Visit poster's website
ShaneSpear
Thread Killah

United States

• Posted: 02/12/2014 03:12
  • Post subject:
Ok, so obviously there's not too much I can add to the conversion that wasn't covered while I was at work today. Poe was banned earlier today by a mod (not confirming which one, it may as well have been me for the sake of this conversation) in an attempt to quell a argument that was heading towards a steep incline.

Those measures likely should not have been taken. After reviewing the thread, there were no rules broken (although there was borderline user abuse that could have gotten worse) and no real justification for a banning. Poe's ban was going to be a temporary one, much in the vain of JMan's crazier days and his series of 2-3 day bans. However, I believe that nobody told Poe about this beforehand, a mistake.

Unfortunately, by the time I was in any position to do anything (while I am logged in my of the day, I only have like 1 or 2 minute gaps here and there where I try to make sure that no ACTUAL shit is happening) Poe had already deleted his profile. I won't pretend to know much of anything about him, but it is sad to lose any user over a misunderstanding.

BEA is one of my favorite websites out there, and I want you to know (especially newish users) that we as a moderating team do try to make sure that your experience here is a pleasant one, but we're not perfect. If you have any problems, please feel free to PM me and I'll give you my best response as long as you are patient enough to wait a little bit.

Anyways, thanks for reading. I really didn't mean to type this much. As a matter of fact...

(ps. Hey Jhere, can you just copy and paste this and use it as my ...Like Clockwork review? Wink )
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website