nationality and music

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
alelsupreme
Awful.

United Kingdom

• Posted: 06/07/2011 21:42
  • Post subject:
I think the main reason numa numa song was famous was bcause of that video.
  • Visit poster's website
Necharsian
Best Ever User

Canada

• Posted: 06/08/2011 03:15
  • Post subject:
Bork wrote:
Necharsian wrote:
Swedish metal!! Bands like Opeth, Falconer, Evergrey, Dream Evil, Axenstar, Morgana Lefay, are all good stuff, and of course Yngwie Malmsteen.

I've always found that Yngwie, while technically skilled, is nothing much but a guitar masturbist.

I would probably agree, I am not a giant fan of him. But he is a popular swedish musician, in metal anyways.

Also, one of the bands above, Falconer, released an album a couple days ago called Armod. It is entirely in Swedish. Not sure if that is relevant at all, but here is a song from it:

Link

Svarta Änkan (Black Widow in English, or so I am told.)
  • Visit poster's website
Wombi

• Posted: 06/08/2011 05:33
  • Post subject:
also interesting I was talking to this foreign exchange student (from china) who I was in a group for a group project with and was just chatting and I was asking him about music and I guess I just asked the general question "what are you into?" and he kinda said automatically No one I hear here and It turns out he only listened to Chinese music (C-Pop etc) and he explained that he doesn't like not knowing what the singer is talking about. So I guess it does go both ways. Oh and also before any one else says it i'll say it myself "cool story bro Rolling Eyes "
Bork
Executive Hillbilly

United States

• Posted: 06/08/2011 06:19
  • Post subject:
Necharsian wrote:
Svarta Änkan (Black Widow in English, or so I am told.)

You were told correctly.
  • Visit poster's website
Polythene Pam

• Posted: 06/08/2011 11:50
  • Post subject:
It's strange and sad that most of us have a reasonably good understanding of American and British music and then our own particular country (provided you are not from the main two) and then not much else.

Having said that, not much music is made here that I like and the "Classic" New Zealand albums are awful

• Posted: 06/09/2011 10:08
  • Post subject:
They took the girl out of Manchester but they could never take Manchester out of the girl! Most of my favourite bands and my favourite music are from my home town - primarily the ones I grew up with but I do look out for new bands from the city even from the other side of the planet.

And Pam - The Chills are a brilliant Kiwi band!!! Very Happy
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 06/09/2011 11:40
  • Post subject:
Polythene Pam wrote:
It's strange and sad that most of us have a reasonably good understanding of American and British music and then our own particular country (provided you are not from the main two) and then not much else.

Having said that, not much music is made here that I like and the "Classic" New Zealand albums are awful

What are some examples of classic New Zealand albums? Might check some out for fun Smile
Polythene Pam

• Posted: 06/09/2011 11:53
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:
Polythene Pam wrote:

What are some examples of classic New Zealand albums? Might check some out for fun Smile

Based On A True Story (Fat Freddies Drop) is a "classic" NZ album and is actually alright. Then there is this which is a compilation, some of the songs are alright, most of it not so much. It is a good starting point though http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nature%27s_Best

And I will check out the Chills then. How long have you been in Wellington for?
I'm here too, best city In New Zealand Very Happy
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 06/09/2011 11:56
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:
Polythene Pam wrote:

And all I got was this silly hat

• Visit poster's website
Polythene Pam

• Posted: 06/09/2011 11:57
  • Post subject:
GARY wrote:
Hayden wrote:
Polythene Pam wrote:

Laughing

Fuck off he is your guys problem!