Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 43, 44, 45  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Jackwc
Queen Of The Forums

Canada
  • Posted: 04/02/2014 03:20
  • Post subject:
benpaco wrote:
Honestly, this thread is the reason I'm seeing someone right now. It's been really helpful in my own life, and I'd hope in the lives of others, to hear from strangers, get an outside opinion, or just get a needed pick-me-up.

Yeah, the Brandon shit may have piled on a little more than was necessary but this thread has done a lot of good.

Anyway BEA, I'm breaking up with my girlfriend after she's finished exams (I don't want the break up to affect her schooling, she's brilliant and going places, yadda yadda), but I've come to realize that I just instinctively treat her like shit and she doesn't do anything about it, and I can't let her live like this. She's a great girl but she just lets me walk all over her, and I walk all over her because I'm a spiteful, angry asshole. I put her down, ignore her, completely ignore her boundaries, generally treat her like an object, push her around, crash at her place "whenever I feel", am selfish sexually with her, and don't take interest in her interests or opinions. I was also unfaithful (although I was coerced into being so, and eventually kept myself from going too far). I am a terrible boyfriend and she can and should do way better.

It hurts to let her go but for her own sake I really have to - I think that maybe I'm just not ready for this right now? I'm also moving to Montreal in September, so...

Music sucks. Check out my favourite movies, fam:
http://letterboxd.com/jackiegigantic/
  • Visit poster's website
satiemaniac
  • Posted: 04/02/2014 03:27
  • Post subject:
yeah my girlfriend of almost a year dropped the broken fidelity bomb on my head now i think two weeks ago and it's been quite the cleanup for both sides. we're not together anymore, but it still feels very odd to not be. hope you and she get through this well. also, since this is the mushy thread, i guess i'll mention that i've noticed an upsurge of hostility from myself towards friends and acquaintances all over, and BEA is no exception. sorry if y'all've been on the receiving end of some snark or outright rudeness these past couple weeks.
SuedeSwede
Ognoo

United Kingdom
  • Posted: 04/02/2014 12:28
  • Post subject:
an_outlaw wrote:
This thread is starting to feel like a bad idea.

Nope. These comments didn't exactly help Brandon or anything, because it shoved people's perspective of his own relationship (which he wasn't even asking for help about anyway) in his face and I suppose he had a huge realisation. It's more of a personal thing. Nezzle put it nicely, but I feel everyone (including me) probably should have left the situation rather than trying to fix something that didn't need fixing.
SuedeSwede
Ognoo

United Kingdom
  • Posted: 04/02/2014 12:31
  • Post subject:
Jackwc wrote:
Yeah, the Brandon shit may have piled on a little more than was necessary but this thread has done a lot of good.

Anyway BEA, I'm breaking up with my girlfriend after she's finished exams (I don't want the break up to affect her schooling, she's brilliant and going places, yadda yadda), but I've come to realize that I just instinctively treat her like shit and she doesn't do anything about it, and I can't let her live like this. She's a great girl but she just lets me walk all over her, and I walk all over her because I'm a spiteful, angry asshole. I put her down, ignore her, completely ignore her boundaries, generally treat her like an object, push her around, crash at her place "whenever I feel", am selfish sexually with her, and don't take interest in her interests or opinions. I was also unfaithful (although I was coerced into being so, and eventually kept myself from going too far). I am a terrible boyfriend and she can and should do way better.

It hurts to let her go but for her own sake I really have to - I think that maybe I'm just not ready for this right now? I'm also moving to Montreal in September, so...

Shit man that's a really mature decision. I guess I'd suggest you could try to be the boyfriend you'd like to be, but then again this is probably already the option you're already familiar and yet you feel you just can't be that person. I dunno, if you need anything just ask.
SuedeSwede
Ognoo

United Kingdom
  • Posted: 04/04/2014 22:54
  • Post subject:
You guys were right that girl is a complete and utter bitch. She is causing shit for no reason. Don't like her anymore. Didn't come here for support just a note to self to listen to Jack and others more.
Jackwc
Queen Of The Forums

Canada
  • Posted: 04/05/2014 01:16
  • Post subject:
SuedeSwede wrote:
You guys were right that girl is a complete and utter bitch. She is causing shit for no reason. Don't like her anymore. Didn't come here for support just a note to self to listen to Jack and others more.

What went down?

Music sucks. Check out my favourite movies, fam:
http://letterboxd.com/jackiegigantic/
  • Visit poster's website
HigherThanTheSun

United Kingdom
  • Posted: 04/05/2014 01:22
  • Post subject:
Jackwc wrote:
What went down?

She obviously didn't, wahey banter
benpaco
Who's gonna watch you die?

United States
  • Posted: 04/05/2014 02:07
  • Post subject:
SuedeSwede wrote:

Sounds kinda familiar (or spot on familiar), what's going on? I know you didn't come for support but I think at least Jack and I and others would love to help if possible

. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

Things I Make
  • Visit poster's website
Defago
Your Most Favorite User

Peru
  • Posted: 04/07/2014 16:42
  • Post subject:
Today alelsupreme took way too much time to say hi back to me and then he pressured me to conform his conditioned ideals of right and wrong. needless to say i'm devastated.
  • Visit poster's website
SuedeSwede
Ognoo

United Kingdom
  • Posted: 04/07/2014 16:43
  • Post subject:
Ha. Totally forgot I posted here. Well, she's been completely forgetting about my friend and I to start off with, so I asked her about that and she said she "wants me out of her life", for no apparent reason whatsoever. Anyhow, I then hear that she has been questioning my sexuality and saying hurtful comments about me behind my back to, and this makes it worse, a friend's father. I prompted her on it politely, and she then proceeded to call me a prick straight away and said "if you don't trust me you can fuck off", essentially. And I don't trust her to be fair, she lies about a lot, evidently. So one thing leads to another, her boyfriend gets involved, my friend starts talking to her boyfriend, her boyfriend threatens my friend, her boyfriend's friend threatens my friend, and there's probably going to be a fight going down soon, a pretty big one, not just a one-on-one either. I felt like I'd caused this but I realised it was pretty much all her doing - she's the kind of girl to try and get other people to sort her problems out resorting to violence. Anyway, I'm staying well out of these fights, and I'm staying well away from her from now on. BEA, you are now allowed to say, "I told you so".