Very Happy

And all I got was this silly hat

• Visit poster's website
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 10/23/2011 17:46
  • Post subject:
Here is another song that Bono wrote Very Happy

U2's "Pride (In the Name of Love)" set to pictures of Martin Luther King Jr. as a tribute to him. The song was written about this great man.

Link

• Visit poster's website
alelsupreme
Awful.

United Kingdom

• Posted: 10/23/2011 17:57
  • Post subject:
I like bono too, that's why The joshua tree is quite high in my chart.
  • Visit poster's website
Wombi

• Posted: 10/23/2011 18:00
  • Post subject:
purple wrote:

Link

Laughing classic. Never gets old.
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 10/23/2011 18:01
  • Post subject:
Oddly enough I just can't seem to find Bono's "massive ego" in this video Think

But I did see that the KING OF THE BLUES (BB King) is very impressed with Bono Very Happy

Link

• Visit poster's website
SquishypuffDave

Australia

• Posted: 10/24/2011 03:33
  • Post subject:
Negatives: Kanye is a pretty mediocre rapper, and I find his voice unbelievably annoying. He actually sounds like a South Park parody of himself. Even worse when he tries to sing.

Positives: Production is great. Yeah. That.

In terms of his ego, I couldn't care less. And since this album is about his ego, I couldn't care less about this album.
  • Visit poster's website
GeevyDallas
WATTBA

• Posted: 03/01/2013 15:33
  • Post subject:
Okay listened to this three times in the last couple of days and it has gone even further down in my estimations.Before my most recent listens I had seen it as a massively overrated album,with some redeeming qualities and overall saw it as quite an enjoyable listening experience.As of right now,Runaway and So Appalled are the only tracks I like from the album.So can someone point me towards why they like it?Am I missing something?I can see it's meant to be this grandiose artistic statement(the fact people seriously say this about the album,tells you all you need to know about it) that captures a moment in time,but for me it comes across as shallow,egotistical(perhaps that's what he wanted to portray),over produced,unnatural and mostly uninteresting. I've seen people say it's all about emotions and a glimpse into the mind of Kanye,but this is lost on me and I struggle to sympathise with Kanye on this,in complete contrast to 808's where I hung on everything he said.I realise I've probably asked this before and I'm sorry,but I'm gearing up for another listen,which could possibly be my last for quite some time.

Sorry for digging up an old thread,didn't want to make a new one
  • Visit poster's website

• Posted: 03/01/2013 15:49
  • Post subject:
DLGGLD wrote:
Okay listened to this three times in the last couple of days and it has gone even further down in my estimations.Before my most recent listens I had seen it as a massively overrated album,with some redeeming qualities and overall saw it as quite an enjoyable listening experience.As of right now,Runaway and So Appalled are the only tracks I like from the album.So can someone point me towards why they like it?Am I missing something?I can see it's meant to be this grandiose artistic statement(the fact people seriously say this about the album,tells you all you need to know about it) that captures a moment in time,but for me it comes across as shallow,egotistical(perhaps that's what he wanted to portray),over produced,unnatural and mostly uninteresting. I've seen people say it's all about emotions and a glimpse into the mind of Kanye,but this is lost on me and I struggle to sympathise with Kanye on this,in complete contrast to 808's where I hung on everything he said.I realise I've probably asked this before and I'm sorry,but I'm gearing up for another listen,which could possibly be my last for quite some time.

Sorry for digging up an old thread,didn't want to make a new one

I basically thought all of that from the moment I first heard it up until about 8 or 9 months ago, when it finally clicked. I don't know what "it" is, so not sure I can help, but taken as a massive pop album then it certainly achieves its goal. I still prefer Late Registration and I'd put this on a par with The College Dropout (probably, although I always felt The College Dropout contains a fair amount of filler that isn't really there on MBDTF), but I do really enjoy this album. It's pompous and grandiose and insincere, which are all traits that usually turn me off more than any other, but the ambition and quality of the production - not to mention the fact that he pulled it off with aplomb - really set it apart from other hip-hop albums, even if it's not a sound I would usually readily appreciate and identify with. 'Power' and 'Monster' are just, erm, monster hip-hop songs, whilst 'All of the Lights' and 'Lost in the World' are both great pop songs. 'Devil in a New Dress' and 'Runaway' have the same vibe as a lot of the stuff from Graduation, but stand above virtually everything on that album. And 'Blame Game' is just stunning. For ages it was a record I just couldn't get into, perhaps because of my love of, and familiarity with, a hip-hop that works within specific parameters that, whilst wide, don't really need to be moved in my opinion. But in stretching those parameters, Kanye achieved something that has a singular vision and sound, which remains cohesive throughout despite such massive sonic variation. The lyrical themes of the album do nothing for me, even now, and I still think Kanye is a horribly clumsy rapper, but I wouldn't change this album for the world. The sheer depth and scope of the production is as impressive as anything I've ever heard within the confines of hip-hop, even if it isn't something that would normally appeal to me, and I find it startling that so much intelligent and thought-out production, with elements that could so have easily turned the whole album into a sprawling, difficult to decipher, arty mess, still produce such an accessible, bombastic pop vibe. It's the work of one of hip-hop's greatest producer's pushing the limits of both himself and the genre as far as they have ever been pushed, at least within the mainstream, and for that I applaud him. Even if it is still mad overrated.

• Posted: 03/01/2013 15:54
  • Post subject:
SquishypuffDave wrote:
Negatives: Kanye is a pretty mediocre rapper, and I find his voice unbelievably annoying. He actually sounds like a South Park parody of himself. Even worse when he tries to sing.

Positives: Production is great. Yeah. That.

In terms of his ego, I couldn't care less. And since this album is about his ego, I couldn't care less about this album.

Best thing ever said about this album.