real life non-fiction

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Yourselfisntsteam
  • Posted: 07/25/2012 05:00
  • Post subject:
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

when cornered with logic he cannot refute due to low intelligence and/or arrogance, musicmanstu resorts to insults, empty appeals to his own age, and repeating ideas already refuted!!!!!!! Applause Applause Applause

I know a hell of a lot more than 3 chord punk songs. I also have some understanding of music theory and music history (which you clearly don't). I also can play the trombone, and have some very poor self taught piano and trumpet skills. I can compose music on my computer as well. I am aware I do not know everything and try to expand my knowledge and learn from people. Many metal songs are also very musically basic and farty in their own cliched way, at least sometimes three chord punk music doesn't have the arrogance to pretend otherwise. And once again, I do like metal as well.

anyways, you have provided some entertainment for the night. for that I thank you. I wasn't expecting much, but I did get some good comic relief.

Last edited by Yourselfisntsteam on 07/25/2012 05:02; edited 2 times in total
Facetious

Pakistan
  • Posted: 07/25/2012 05:00
  • Post subject:
musicmanstu wrote:
Get a life kid...learn a thing or two....and if you play guitar....learn more then those 3 chord brain fart Punk songs.

On the contrary, it's you who should get a life and learn a thing or two.......about the real history of punk, not just the false stuff you think is non-fiction.

You can make a great song restricted to only one chord too.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Necharsian
Best Ever User

Canada
  • Posted: 07/25/2012 05:03
  • Post subject:
Once I told Jhereko that some metal fans were incredibly obnoxious in that they spend an inordinate amount of time complaining about music they don't like and trying to conjure up reasons on why that music should be considered a "lesser genre".

And he said "really?"

And I said "Yes"
  • Visit poster's website
Yourselfisntsteam
  • Posted: 07/25/2012 05:06
  • Post subject:
ahahah I know I know. I'm procrastinating from writing a paper for a summer university course I'm taking. I wasn't really expecting this "discussion' to go anywhere. I was wasting time and seeing what would happen. I apologize for anyone who reads what I brought out.
SquishypuffDave

Australia
  • Posted: 07/25/2012 07:50
  • Post subject:
musicmanstu wrote:
My point was proven...I'm done kids. Lol!

You're usually supposed to say that after you've succeeded in an argument. You can't just jump ahead to the victory speech and hope nobody notices. It's one thing to disagree with someone, but to imply that arguments from people who are clearly much more well researched than you are somehow childish and laughable? To try to be condescending at this point is more than a little bit sad.

musicmanstu, I want to be your friend, but your arrogance is making that very difficult for me.
  • Visit poster's website
videoheadcleaner
formerly Harkan

Australia
  • Posted: 07/25/2012 10:56
  • Post subject:
musicmanstu wrote:
Alright here goes...Punk enjoyed a short heyday, from about 1975 to about 1983, and thats including what is called New Wave. The Punk music of the Sex Pistols, Dead Kennedys, and Ramones all thrived and died within that time frame. The simple 3 chord song structures in these artists music cannot be denied. The movement just desintigrated very quickly. Heavy Metal in England was emerging and would become and a global force....ending New Wave/Punk. The 80's were all about Heavy Metal....and Metal remains a global force. The big bands still tour some 30 to 40 years later...successfully! Longevity cannot be argued against, and Punk had none.

Oh dear...

U2 (post-punk)
The Cure
Dead Kennedys (still perform)

Punk started in 1974 and for the lesser part of a decade developed into a genre of music never heard before. Hard rock and heavy metal developed out of the ideals of blues rock of the 60s and adopted a harsher sound.

Amongst the teenage audience, the genres of punk and metal are equally favoured. To create music that people enjoy is behind what most musicians want; they want an audience.

Brick wall

Love my random playlist at times; just got Wire-Three Girl Rumba playing.

Followed by Black Sabbath...

Hmm....
  • Visit poster's website
  • Posted: 07/25/2012 10:58
  • Post subject:
O_O
This...this thread...burn it.
alelsupreme
Awful.

United Kingdom
  • Posted: 07/25/2012 12:35
  • Post subject:
SquishypuffDave wrote:
You're usually supposed to say that after you've succeeded in an argument. You can't just jump ahead to the victory speech and hope nobody notices. It's one thing to disagree with someone, but to imply that arguments from people who are clearly much more well researched than you are somehow childish and laughable? To try to be condescending at this point is more than a little bit sad.

musicmanstu, I want to be your friend, but your arrogance is making that very difficult for me.

why on earth would you want to be this guys friend?
  • Visit poster's website
junodog4
Future Grumpy Old Man

Canada
  • Posted: 07/25/2012 14:28
  • Post subject:
SquishypuffDave wrote:

I'm not sure it was arrogance. Ignorance for sure, but people who post like him are usually insecure - it takes confidence to concede the validity of other's views, and those who desperately cling to their own opinions do so to seek reassurance.

Either way, the dude's a knob.
  • Visit poster's website
musicmanstu

United States
  • Posted: 07/25/2012 17:35
  • Post subject:
You guys still sounding off....lol....and the name calling, how childish! Insecure...fuck...very secure. Don't worry, I don't need your friendships. What could I offer anyway to the friendship....I hate Punk! Hey....at least you all have something to talk about now huh??
  • Visit poster's website