The 2012 BEA Music Awards - RULES & QUESTIONS

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Happymeal

• Posted: 11/24/2012 20:21
  • Post subject:
revolver94 wrote:
I can't comment on the past few years, but for this year I really think Bloom deserves the spot. The album just really comes together in a way that most albums can't; to be, that coherency coupled with the brilliant song craft earn it the top spot by a large margin.

Personally, I think there are plenty of better albums than Bloom that were released this year.

• Posted: 11/24/2012 21:06
  • Post subject:
Happymeal wrote:
Personally, I think there are plenty of better albums than Bloom that were released this year.

At least fifty, I'd say.
sageamagoo

Location: It's different now that I'm poor and aging, I'll never see this place again
Canada

• Posted: 11/24/2012 22:06
  • Post subject:
Yeah, there's hardly anything I heard this year I particularly enjoyed Confused . But next year there are at least three albums I'm psyched about listening to... I think I'll vote for something completely unexpected, like Area 52, just to shake things up.
Saoirse

• Posted: 11/26/2012 01:09
  • Post subject:
lethalnezzle wrote:
At least fifty, I'd say.

Crying or Very sad THERE'S ONLY SEVEN

(or who knows, maybe more, I need to listen to more 2012 albums)
Happymeal

• Posted: 11/26/2012 01:28
  • Post subject:
lethalnezzle wrote:
At least fifty, I'd say.

Agreed.
Wombi

• Posted: 11/27/2012 14:13
  • Post subject:
Is NO LOVE DEEP WEB worthy of a nomination for Best Album Art Of The Year? Think
GeevyDallas
WATTBA

• Posted: 11/27/2012 15:25
  • Post subject:
Jhereko wrote:
Is NO LOVE DEEP WEB worthy of a nomination for Best Album Art Of The Year? Think

It's what I'll be voting for.
  • Visit poster's website
Wombi

• Posted: 11/29/2012 12:16
  • Post subject:
mid-way through the year I thought Electronica would own the year but coming to the end I think it's pretty clearly an amazing year for hip-hop. Maybe the best since 94? Paging Dr. Nezzle for a second opinion.

• Posted: 11/29/2012 15:22
  • Post subject:
Jhereko wrote:
mid-way through the year I thought Electronica would own the year but coming to the end I think it's pretty clearly an amazing year for hip-hop. Maybe the best since 94? Paging Dr. Nezzle for a second opinion.

Best year ever for hip-hop in my opinion. It's obviously too early to know whether people will still be listening to the albums released this year in years to come, but I think GKMC, Reloaded and R.A.P. Music will definitely stand the test of time. Nas released one of his better albums (not quite Illmatic, but certainly on a level with It Was Written and Stillmatic); Blu & Exile released a very worthy follow-up to Below The Heavens; Action Bronson & Party Supplies mixtape has a real Madvillainy vibe about it that I think will stand it in good stead; K.R.I.T.'s album was seen as underwhelming but I think it will go on to be held up as a great example of southern hip-hop in years to come; Sean Price, Billy Woods and KA all released uncompromising underground albums that I imagine will age well; any new El-P album is always an event, and Cancer For Cure certainly didn't disappoint; Murs & 9th Wonder finally released an album that lives up to their first collaboration; (relative) newcomers Rapsody, Domo Genesis, Joey Bada$$, SpaceGhostPurrp and GrandeMarshall all had great releases; Lushlife's album will age well; the Black Hippy collective had an awesome year and - though Kendrick's release overshadowed them - ScHoolboy Q and Ab-Soul's records won't be forgotten in a hurry; veterans E-40 (on his own and with Too $hort) and Masta Ace released very strong albums this year; Apollo Brown & Guilty Simpson's album will age well, as will The Alchemist's Russian Roulette. Even Curren$y had a memorable release (that's no slight on Curren$y, just that all of his mixtapes/albums are usually pretty indistinguishable from one another). It's too early to tell how these releases will be remembered, and the truth is that many of them could just be turn out to be a flash in the pan. But I can't think of another year that's been this good for hip-hop that I can remember.

Last edited by Guest on 11/29/2012 17:19; edited 1 time in total
SquishypuffDave

Australia

• Posted: 11/29/2012 17:10
  • Post subject:
Hip-hop is killing it this decade in general.
  • Visit poster's website