Rating Game : Choose, Rate++, Review

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 53, 54, 55  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Borve Baunehoj

• Posted: 07/04/2012 23:16
  • Post subject:
Sharon Van Etten - Tramp
The album started out very enjoyable. A warm sound, a great voice and pleasant atmosphere. Nothing earth shattering or thought provoking, but very pleasant. The first three songs are good and got me really interested for me in the rest. Sadly they were obviously the three most well crafted and well performed songs on the album. From there on the album got too same-y and began to lack in ideas. Sharon Van Etten seems to keep focus on one particular sound and mood. Which works well in small doses I believe, but is not interesting enough to listen to throughout an entire album. 50/100
Borve Baunehoj

• Posted: 07/04/2012 23:23
  • Post subject:
an_outlaw wrote:
It works well with the adds. Does a good show still Smile

I'll try The Dance Of The Moon And The Sun by Natural Snow Buildings from your chart

I salute your choice! But be prepared to listen to two and a half hour of music which contains several +10 minute minimalist drones.

And gussteivi, do you have a really short album in your chart? I'm a little tired right now, so I won't listen to something that'll keep me up all night Smile
gussteivi

Sweden

• Posted: 07/04/2012 23:31
  • Post subject:
Borve Baunehoj wrote:
I salute your choice! But be prepared to listen to two and a half hour of music which contains several +10 minute minimalist drones.

And gussteivi, do you have a really short album in your chart? I'm a little tired right now, so I won't listen to something that'll keep me up all night Smile

Inti Illimani-Viva Chile! should be under half an hour.
  • Visit poster's website
Borve Baunehoj

• Posted: 07/04/2012 23:40
  • Post subject:
Anyways, I think I'll listen to Propaganda by Sparks.
Borve Baunehoj

• Posted: 07/05/2012 00:31
  • Post subject:
Sparks - Propaganda
Well, it's this kind of music that gets me out of my comfort zone. Like Queen, the music is smeared over with these ambitious, cheesy and bombastic, over-the-top, almost vaudeville-like aesthetics. Everything on here is extremely whimsical, but it's not in a charming way. The music simply tries too hard: it tries so hard to be fun and enjoyable that it just becomes too much. I'm sorry, this kind of music is not for me. 30/100.

I won't choose an album right now.
Yourselfisntsteam

• Posted: 07/05/2012 02:05
  • Post subject:
I think I will join in and listen to the Godspeed You Black Emperor Lift your fists album on Borve's chart. I should give a chance to a different album of theirs other than F#A# infinity. + I have have nothing to do and don't mind killing time on some really long songs.
cartoken
The Seer

France

• Posted: 08/19/2012 15:17
  • Post subject:
from the Poe's chart : Pop Tatari by Boredoms 35/100

the album is really different from Vision Creation Newsun, which is the only album i've heard from them so far. i don't think i consider this as music, at least not the music i like.
50% of the album is just rubbish Evil or Very Mad and the other 50% are just okay. at least this wasn't a complete waste of time thanks to only ine good song: Bocabola .
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website

• Posted: 01/13/2013 20:38
  • Post subject:
Doing 2. Shocked

Chart: Yourselfisntsteam
Album: Swans - Filth
Review: This album's got teeth, man... and on the cover, too. The sounds are real raw with a dark, violent environment and an infectious energy that makes me want to jump around and break stuff.
Rating: 3.5 / 5

Chart: cartoken
Album: Pantha du Prince - Black Noise
Review: A bit of a fairytale-ish feel to some songs, yet with a catchy, almost bouncy beat to it. I think it's pleasant overall. As a side note, the name of the album confuses me. According to wikipedia, black noise is literally silence. I suppose one might not actually mean "black noise" but rather "black" and "noise", but this album neither feels dark to me or remotely noisy (in a harsh sense). I picture bright colors and a world of wonder and curiosity.
Rating: 2.5 / 5
Borve Baunehoj

• Posted: 01/13/2013 21:45
  • Post subject:
Borve Baunehoj wrote:
Sparks - Propaganda
Well, it's this kind of music that gets me out of my comfort zone. Like Queen, the music is smeared over with these ambitious, cheesy and bombastic, over-the-top, almost vaudeville-like aesthetics. Everything on here is extremely whimsical, but it's not in a charming way. The music simply tries too hard: it tries so hard to be fun and enjoyable that it just becomes too much. I'm sorry, this kind of music is not for me. 30/100.

I won't choose an album right now.

This is the worst thing I've ever read. Self indulgence in music is great, my chart has pretty much nothing else but self indulgent music
cartoken
The Seer

France

• Posted: 01/13/2013 21:55
  • Post subject:
I'll listen to my first Chinese album from Poe's chart : Li Jianhong - San Sheng Shi
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website