• Post subject:
BEA DEAD BY 2017!!!!!
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 07/19/2016 07:30
  • Post subject:
Very Happy I predict a site relaunch by the end of this year, with a modern & mobile-friendly interface and brand new forums. It has taken much longer than planned, but it's well and truly under construction. Not planning on killing the site anytime soon.
  • Visit poster's website
mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland

• Posted: 07/19/2016 15:49
  • Post subject:
I hope that relaunch refreshes the site as you intend it to, but as per the current framework I think most of the old regulars are bored or busy (myself included) to do much. I have loved my time on BEA since I joined, it’s just a shame that we’ve hit a dry period (in summer of all things) that has really bummed some people out.
  • Visit poster's website
revolver94
professional dilettante

United States

• Posted: 07/19/2016 16:15
  • Post subject:
albummaster wrote:
Very Happy I predict a site relaunch by the end of this year, with a modern & mobile-friendly interface and brand new forums. It has taken much longer than planned, but it's well and truly under construction. Not planning on killing the site anytime soon.

Woo excited!!!

Last.fm
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 07/19/2016 17:22
  • Post subject:
Gowi wrote:
I hope that relaunch refreshes the site as you intend it to, but as per the current framework I think most of the old regulars are bored or busy (myself included) to do much. I have loved my time on BEA since I joined, it’s just a shame that we’ve hit a dry period (in summer of all things) that has really bummed some people out.

I've noticed a slight slump over the past few months, but I genuinely believe it's because this has been a lousy year for music. By this time I usually have at least 70-80 albums I like from the year, and this year I'm struggling to find 40. There's been a really bland selection of stuff this year.... I'm just hoping the fall is a bit more exciting.
mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland

• Posted: 07/19/2016 17:52
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:
it's because this has been a lousy year for music. By this time I usually have at least 70-80 albums I like from the year, and this year I'm struggling to find 40. There's been a really bland selection of stuff this year.... I'm just hoping the fall is a bit more exciting.

Whenever someone says this it is always wrong, so surprised to see you going this route. Don't blame your own personal ambivalence on the quality of the year's music offerings.
  • Visit poster's website
RockyRaccoon
Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me?

United States

• Posted: 07/19/2016 18:29
  • Post subject:
I'd like to hear ideas people have for getting a little more activity on the site.

It seems like we try things and they do well for a little while and then fizzle out. The ALC lasted longer than I expected honestly, but it still has faded out, and over the last month, there was barely any activity on it anyways. Point of Discussion was very similar.

Does anyone have any ideas? Something that they personally would like to see? We haven't done a tournament in a long time, perhaps something like that? I'm not sure. All I know is that I've seen less and less activity over the past couple months, and the forums just aren't like they were before. I get that people are busy, I know that I certainly am, and I'm far from exempt from the lack of activity, some days I can barely do anything on here because of how busy I am. Is that it though? Is everyone busy? Is the site just not that interesting?

There's got to be something tangible that changed, something that's different now, what is it?

Early Psychedelic Rock

Electronic Chart
  • Visit poster's website
Anti
I Dream of Drone

United States

• Posted: 07/19/2016 19:28
  • Post subject:
Well, it is summer for a decent chunk of users. I usually hop on here during lunch or waiting around for work or class, but I spend my free time enjoying the weather and going out with friends. I think a number of us probably are doing the same thing.
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 07/19/2016 19:44
  • Post subject:
Gowi wrote:
Whenever someone says this it is always wrong, so surprised to see you going this route. Don't blame your own personal ambivalence on the quality of the year's music offerings.

I know Anxious I've argued against people saying that about previous years as well (particularly 2011), but I'm just finding this year so drab Sad Wanna shoot over a few recs?
19loveless91
mag. druž. inf

Slovenia

• Posted: 07/19/2016 20:13
  • Post subject:
It comes and goes, there aren't many long-standing users who were active throughout their time here, everybody takes a break from the site every once in a while. And it's summer now, so... I think the activity on forums always depended on a few older users remaining active and being the driving force + how many new users decide to contribute. The traffic these days is as heavy as I remember it (constantly 300+ users online), but I don't see many new users posting and a lot of regulars are having their quiet period. It will probably change eventually...
  • Visit poster's website