EPs on charts

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 11/13/2012 21:38
  • Post subject:
thejoj96 wrote:
"Watery, Domestic" by Pavement is an EP. It clocks in at 11:27 and has four tracks. It is meant as a complete work and is not promotional. Adding this EP to a chart breaks the rules that have been set. If someone wanted to add this EP (which is a complete work) to a chart, why should they be restricted to do so?

Ya Confused Could we keep that one? It's really good Smile

I think the entire collection of EP's using in Belle & Seb's 'Push Barman...' shouldn't be up...That makes sense. I'll delete those off my chart.
GeevyDallas
WATTBA

• Posted: 11/14/2012 00:14
  • Post subject:
It's a tough one,I decided not to include EPs in my charts.If I treated it as my 100 favorite bodies of work,there would be over 25 EPs/Mini Albums/Maxi Singles/etc I reckon,so I thought that was far too many.Maybe one of two to add a bit of variety and colour to a chart should be deemed acceptable.
  • Visit poster's website
GeevyDallas
WATTBA

• Posted: 11/14/2012 00:16
  • Post subject:
DLGGLD wrote:
It's a tough one,I decided not to include EPs in my charts.If I treated it as my 100 favorite bodies of work,there would be over 25 EPs/Mini Albums/Maxi Singles/etc I reckon,so I thought that was far too many.Maybe one of two to add a bit of variety and colour to a chart should be deemed acceptable.

Just read through some of the thread,looks like I didn't understand the debate.Disregard my post.
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 11/14/2012 07:44
  • Post subject:
thejoj96 wrote:
"Watery, Domestic" by Pavement is an EP. It clocks in at 11:27 and has four tracks. It is meant as a complete work and is not promotional. Adding this EP to a chart breaks the rules that have been set. If someone wanted to add this EP (which is a complete work) to a chart, why should they be restricted to do so?

There will always be exceptions, and that's why there is a 28 day period to prevent any improper deletes:

albummaster wrote:
Albums will be flagged as 'suspect' if they do not meet either of the above criteria, and they will be deleted after 28 days if a case cannot be made to keep them.

(this does not sound like an album though)
  • Visit poster's website
pearljammer13
Young Pilgrim

United States

• Posted: 11/15/2012 01:52
  • Post subject:
albummaster wrote:
So, to keep things simple, the current position is that 'albums' need to be at least 20 minutes in length OR have more than four tracks.

Very Happy Good, so Jar Of Flies by Alice In Chains qualifies. This makes me happy as it's in my top 10.
  • Visit poster's website
gtroda

• Posted: 11/18/2012 21:49
  • Post subject:
I appreciate this defenition. I now have a few things I can add to my charts. Jar of Flies being one of them!
GeevyDallas
WATTBA

• Posted: 12/08/2012 00:45
  • Post subject:
I was just wondering whether I'll be able to add Kwes' 'Meantime Ep',Todd Terje's “It's The ARPs EP” and Blawan's 'His He She & She' Ep to my 2012 chart?I see Kwes' EP is under 'debate' at the moment.I don't wanna add stuff and have it taken down.I think that electronic music hasn't really been taken into consideration in the debate as not to many artists release full lenght albums,but will often release shorter EPs as full bodies of work and there would be a very real possibility of totally dismissing some great releases.For instance James Blake's 'CMYK' is easily the work of music released into 2010 and it would be a shame if it wasn't in our database.Just wanna know because by the time I finish my 2012 chart I'll be looking to add another 10-15 short 3-4 song EPs.I wont be too fussed either way,just thought it should be brought up.
  • Visit poster's website
thejoj96

• Posted: 12/08/2012 00:48
  • Post subject:
DLGGLD wrote:
I was just wondering whether I'll be able to add Kwes' 'Meantime Ep',Todd Terje's “It's The ARPs EP” and Blawan's 'His He She & She' Ep to my 2012 chart?I see Kwes' EP is under 'debate' at the moment.I don't wanna add stuff and have it taken down.I think that electronic music hasn't really been taken into consideration in the debate as not to many artists release full lenght albums,but will often release shorter EPs as full bodies of work and there would be a very real possibility of totally dismissing some great releases.For instance James Blake's 'CMYK' is easily the work of music released into 2010 and it would be a shame if it wasn't in our database.Just wanna know because by the time I finish my 2012 chart I'll be looking to add another 10-15 short 3-4 song EPs.I wont be too fussed either way,just thought it should be brought up.

If it is at least 20 minutes or has over four tracks, it can be in a chart.
GeevyDallas
WATTBA

• Posted: 12/08/2012 00:51
  • Post subject:
thejoj96 wrote:
If it is at least 20 minutes or has over four tracks, it can be in a chart.

I know this,but Kwes' Meantime has four tracks and is being taken down,so just wanted to know where everyone stands.I'm not gonna add all these albums(which is pretty time consuming) and find they're deleted.
  • Visit poster's website
videoheadcleaner
formerly Harkan

Australia

• Posted: 12/08/2012 02:20
  • Post subject:
DLGGLD wrote:
I know this,but Kwes' Meantime has four tracks and is being taken down,so just wanted to know where everyone stands.I'm not gonna add all these albums(which is pretty time consuming) and find they're deleted.

I added Lost Wishes by the Cure to one of my charts. It is a sole body of work (if we want to call it that) but it was removed as it was under time and only had four tracks. I was fine with this, annoyed but fine, and can see why the rule is in place.

They may be great pieces of work but the rules of the site are becoming clearer on this.
  • Visit poster's website