Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Jackwc
Queen Of The Forums

Canada

• Posted: 03/05/2014 07:22
  • Post subject:
benpaco wrote:
The first is my current avatar, actually. It's my online avatar for a lot of things, but more than that, it's a project I've been deeply rooted in for almost 4 years now that I've met countless heros as a result of and I really like the symbol. I'd get that over my heart.

Personally I think your avatar is kinda bland and poorly designed and I don't think you should get it as a tattoo. Didn't know you made it? What's it for?

Also can someone else back me up here so we can save Ben from getting a really shitty tattoo please.

The other two tattoos sound pretty cool though, especially the third.

Music sucks. Check out my favourite movies, fam:
http://letterboxd.com/jackiegigantic/
  • Visit poster's website
HazeyTwilight
boyfriend in your wet dreams

Ireland

• Posted: 03/05/2014 07:23
  • Post subject:
Tattoos are disgusting. Tattoos that only last a certain time then fade away are okay for me, but I don't see why someone would want that accessory permanently on their body.
benpaco
Who's gonna watch you die?

United States

• Posted: 03/05/2014 07:49
  • Post subject:
Jackwc wrote:
Personally I think your avatar is kinda bland and poorly designed and I don't think you should get it as a tattoo. Didn't know you made it? What's it for?

Also can someone else back me up here so we can save Ben from getting a really shitty tattoo please.

The other two tattoos sound pretty cool though, especially the third.

Again, more likely to get the one for my uncle. I didn't design it personally but I helped pick it out (the guy designed several and this was the best). Not actually my favorite design, there was a much trippier looking one based on earth and a heart but this one was more simple.

There's this thing called the blue marble project, the idea being to pass a blue marble on to people who do good deeds for the ocean. Simple idea, but it gets used to educate young kids especially (though the marbles have made it to people like Ben & Jerry, James Cameron, the Dalai Lama, etc). There's over a million of them out there right now. I got involved in the project at a beach cleanup which was actually about 4 and a half years ago, got my first marble and passed it along to a little girl at an aquarium. But it wasn't really till my Bar Mitzvah I started caring, and to cut a LONG story short I gave a speech on it at my Bar Mitzvah, sent it as fanmail to the guy who started it, and ended up getting to meet him and the guy who made OddWorld and the Cousteaus and the guy who started the Mavericks surf thing and lots of other cool folks cuz of that speech I gave.

Then they were trying to do a viral movement to get everyone to change their profile pics to an image. They chose that one and it went "viral" as in I think 7 people outside of those of us directly picking out the image actually did it. Super failure. But its still their logo and still gets put on stickers and stuff.

TL;DR I gave a speech about Blue Marbles, that's their logo, got to meet marine bio gods and Lorne Lanning.

That said I've had doubts that 1 It would look even decent as a tattoo and 2 That anyone would understand without me having to explain that whole story. So no worries Jack, I think you alone saved me from that one.

. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

Things I Make
  • Visit poster's website
Jackwc
Queen Of The Forums

Canada

• Posted: 03/05/2014 08:25
  • Post subject:
benpaco wrote:
Again, more likely to get the one for my uncle. I didn't design it personally but I helped pick it out (the guy designed several and this was the best). Not actually my favorite design, there was a much trippier looking one based on earth and a heart but this one was more simple.

There's this thing called the blue marble project, the idea being to pass a blue marble on to people who do good deeds for the ocean. Simple idea, but it gets used to educate young kids especially (though the marbles have made it to people like Ben & Jerry, James Cameron, the Dalai Lama, etc). There's over a million of them out there right now. I got involved in the project at a beach cleanup which was actually about 4 and a half years ago, got my first marble and passed it along to a little girl at an aquarium. But it wasn't really till my Bar Mitzvah I started caring, and to cut a LONG story short I gave a speech on it at my Bar Mitzvah, sent it as fanmail to the guy who started it, and ended up getting to meet him and the guy who made OddWorld and the Cousteaus and the guy who started the Mavericks surf thing and lots of other cool folks cuz of that speech I gave.

Then they were trying to do a viral movement to get everyone to change their profile pics to an image. They chose that one and it went "viral" as in I think 7 people outside of those of us directly picking out the image actually did it. Super failure. But its still their logo and still gets put on stickers and stuff.

TL;DR I gave a speech about Blue Marbles, that's their logo, got to meet marine bio gods and Lorne Lanning.

That said I've had doubts that 1 It would look even decent as a tattoo and 2 That anyone would understand without me having to explain that whole story. So no worries Jack, I think you alone saved me from that one.

Pretty cool story. I think if I were you I'd still get an ocean themed tattoo, but something, you know, cooler looking, lol. I was thinking about getting a whale tattoo, just because whales are hot-diggity-dope.

• Visit poster's website
Jackwc
Queen Of The Forums

Canada

• Posted: 03/05/2014 08:25
  • Post subject:
benpaco wrote:

Pretty cool story. I think if I were you I'd still get an ocean themed tattoo, but something, you know, cooler looking, lol. I was thinking about getting a whale tattoo, just because whales are hot-diggity-dope.

• Visit poster's website
Saoirse

• Posted: 03/05/2014 10:18
  • Post subject:
I remember talking to one of my friends at work about this semi-seriously a few years ago, she suggested I get a bloody tampon on my right shoulder, I wanted a purple unicorn spearing a cheetah on the left- perhaps when I get good and drunk and romantic-feeling one of these days, Ill fulfill my goal (and..destiny?)
Precedent

• Posted: 03/05/2014 10:46
  • Post subject:
benpaco wrote:
I could see an_outlaw or Precedent actually going through with this and IDK why ...

(Not a knock on ya, like I said I kinda want mine)

I'm not so sure if I'd get a tattoo of Kanye, but I have considered getting one of the Funeral album cover and/or the Turn On The Bright Lights cover.

Huge personal significance to both.
benpaco
Who's gonna watch you die?

United States

• Posted: 03/05/2014 14:37
  • Post subject:
Precedent wrote:
I'm not so sure if I'd get a tattoo of Kanye, but I have considered getting one of the Funeral album cover and/or the Turn On The Bright Lights cover.

Huge personal significance to both.

Funeral could be really cool actually if done well, never seen it but sure it exists.

. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

Things I Make
  • Visit poster's website
HigherThanTheSun

United Kingdom

• Posted: 03/05/2014 18:54
  • Post subject:
SquishypuffDave wrote:
I vote we all get tattoos of our avatars.

Yeah I got it planned, all across my chest a la:

samistake2ice
General Grievous Angel

United States

• Posted: 03/05/2014 22:30
  • Post subject:
SquishypuffDave wrote:
I vote we all get tattoos of our avatars.

i kinda like the idea

Check out my new review/pop-culture site MAD DISTRACTION
  • Visit poster's website