BrandonMeow's Writing (Maybe you'll like it?)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Jackwc
Queen Of The Forums

Canada

• Posted: 04/27/2013 19:43
  • Post subject:
Jhereko wrote:
(though jackie will probably claim she was writing better than dosdoyevsky at your age)

Dostoevsky wishes.

Music sucks. Check out my favourite movies, fam:
http://letterboxd.com/jackiegigantic/
  • Visit poster's website
Saoirse

• Posted: 04/28/2013 12:46
  • Post subject:
If anybody threatens to close this thread after that amazing post, I will officially hand over the tourney for someone else to run and leave BEA for good
useless

• Posted: 04/28/2013 12:54
  • Post subject:
Not "The JMan Show" again... It's becoming tiresome. Funny thing though, that the same persons later complain about threads being derailed and developed as a discussion around JMan Rolling Eyes
Puncture Repair

• Posted: 04/28/2013 13:04
  • Post subject:
I'm sick of JMan being treated like some kind of circus freak like it's acceptable to laugh at him and personally attack him. He's just trying for Christ's sake. You don't have to like or approve everything he's done. He's not here to deliberately make anyone's lives worse, so why do we have to go out our ways to constantly act like he's sub-human, crushing him again and again. What are we all soo much better than him that everything he does has to be ripped apart until we leak some kind of emotional response from him? And for what? Does that make us feel any better about ourselves?

Someone shares something they care about and we treat them like complete shit. I don't care who that person is, there's nothing in there that's remotely empathetic or human.
GeevyDallas
WATTBA

• Posted: 04/28/2013 13:08
  • Post subject:
Feels caught
  • Visit poster's website
Patman360
Serenity Now

Ireland

• Posted: 04/28/2013 13:17
  • Post subject:
Puncture Repair wrote:
I'm sick of JMan being treated like some kind of circus freak like it's acceptable to laugh at him and personally attack him. He's just trying for Christ's sake. You don't have to like or approve everything he's done. He's not here to deliberately make anyone's lives worse, so why do we have to go out our ways to constantly act like he's sub-human, crushing him again and again. What are we all soo much better than him that everything he does has to be ripped apart until we leak some kind of emotional response from him? And for what? Does that make us feel any better about ourselves?

Someone shares something they care about and we treat them like complete shit. I don't care who that person is, there's nothing in there that's remotely empathetic or human.

I completely agree with this.

• Visit poster's website
ptaylor1989

United States

• Posted: 04/28/2013 13:19
  • Post subject:
You guys are talking crazy
Saoirse

• Posted: 04/28/2013 13:31
  • Post subject:
edit: this post is irrelevant after the now-notorious post has vanished. Dont make the forums about JMan by making him the object of ridicule, also never feel the need to tailor your attitude to accomodate his strict view of the world. And yet this thread does not and should not turn into the JMan show when neither he nor us wishes to be, so it's time to move on (and I don't mean that in just one sense of the word)

That is all, I wish yous the best of luck. Y'alll are wonderful

Last edited by Saoirse on 04/28/2013 13:48; edited 2 times in total
useless

• Posted: 04/28/2013 13:44
  • Post subject:
Puncture Repair wrote:

+999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999
Puncture Repair

• Posted: 04/28/2013 13:48
  • Post subject:
The poster didn't 'just' state an opinion. Saying that someone will never be a writer isn't an opinion, that's a personal attack. The 'boomeranged' response was just, I'm not going to have people berating other users unfairly and not respond because I shouldn't be 'spending too much energy forming opinions'.

This has been building up for months. I try not to get involved in conversations like this, but when it happens time and time again, someone has to say something. These 'knee-jerk opinions' only exist because people are so quick to dismiss some users - if a more widely respected user shared their work, it would always be carefully read and considered by everyone, instead people here seem to leach off some users every problems - I don't want that passing me by every day.